Voice dialing

Search This thread

gaww

Oct 4, 2010
Asheville, NC
I have been doing hands-free voice dialing using Google search until recently, It had audio prompts, so no messing with the screen while driving was needed. Then for whatever selfish marketing reason, Google eliminated that functionality in latest version.

From titanium backups, I reinstalled 0301240 which works OK, Play store had updated to to 0303110, which treats it like any other search and requires more input - some from the screen. I have looked for settings to try to get it to work as in the previous version with no luck - any suggestions here?

In the meantime, I have it (and one other app- (modded wallet) detached from Play Store, so it can't sneak in the update when I am not looking - but a more permanent solution would be welcome.

gaww

Oct 4, 2010
Asheville, NC
I have been doing hands-free voice dialing using Google search until recently, It had audio prompts, so no messing with the screen while driving was needed. Then for whatever selfish marketing reason, Google eliminated that functionality in latest version.

From titanium backups, I reinstalled 0301240 which works OK, Play store had updated to to 0303110, which treats it like any other search and requires more input - some from the screen. I have looked for settings to try to get it to work as in the previous version with no luck - any suggestions here?

In the meantime, I have it (and one other app- (modded wallet) detached from Play Store, so it can't sneak in the update when I am not looking - but a more permanent solution would be welcome.

No interest apparently in this basic function. It amazes me to see massive posts on battery icons but none on a safety function.

PanchoPlanet

Oct 15, 2011
Crooklyn
Maybe it's because the average XDA'er doesn't drive. Or there phones are so wacked out that this function doesn't work anyhow. I use my Kenwoods touch screen and phone app to make /recieve calls.
Pp.

sent from my P5113 using TouchPal mind control keyboard. (Beta)

Reactions: gaww

gaww

Oct 4, 2010
Asheville, NC
Maybe it's because the average XDA'er doesn't drive. Or there phones are so wacked out that this function doesn't work anyhow. I use my Kenwoods touch screen and phone app to make /receive calls.
Pp.

lol - you are probably right.

I just find voice dialing only keeps my eyes on the road and I feel more comfortable that way. If they drive they probably also text when they drive - so why use hands free dialing.

What I was looking for was a way to keep play store from continually trying to update Google search. Removing that link with titanium does not survive a reboot.

Reactions: PanchoPlanet

PanchoPlanet

Oct 15, 2011
Crooklyn
Your right, the only way would be to bake the mod into your rom so that if you reboot it will stick.

Pp.

Sent from my Touchwiz device that never forgets apps.

Reactions: gaww

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Maybe it's because the average XDA'er doesn't drive. Or there phones are so wacked out that this function doesn't work anyhow. I use my Kenwoods touch screen and phone app to make /recieve calls.
    Pp.

Maybe it's because the average XDA'er doesn't drive. Or there phones are so wacked out that this function doesn't work anyhow. I use my Kenwoods touch screen and phone app to make /receive calls.
    Pp.

lol - you are probably right.

I just find voice dialing only keeps my eyes on the road and I feel more comfortable that way. If they drive they probably also text when they drive - so why use hands free dialing.

What I was looking for was a way to keep play store from continually trying to update Google search. Removing that link with titanium does not survive a reboot.
    Your right, the only way would be to bake the mod into your rom so that if you reboot it will stick.

Pp.

Sent from my Touchwiz device that never forgets apps.