[Tool]Increase internal memory of your Android Device[updated:5/2/13]

Search This thread

luvk1412

Nov 25, 2012
Amritsar
"Note :
I am not responsible for any bricked devices or broken hearts.
Please do some research if you have any doubt.
For your device you need to follow the last part but your device should have the externel sd card support
This guide describes how to swap internal and external sd cards of your android device.
Guide is specially made in with refrence to funbook but read the last part for any android device.
The way works on all the Funbooks(Alpha,P300,Infinity,Pro,Talk)(tested) but for other android devices follow 2 nd guide
Preparation:
1. YOUR TABLET NEEDS TO BE ROOTED.
2. For rooting funbook infinity you can follow this thread - Guide
3. Install root explorer in your tablet. You can also use any other root browser such as ES file Manager
4. Now you are all set for increasing Ur internal memory.

METHOD:
1. Download the attachment and extract it and transfer the file "Vold.fstab"to ur sd card.
2. Now open root explorer and grant root permisions to it. Go to System > etc and copy the original vold.fstab file to a safe location(if there is any problem u can restore it)
3. Now copy the downloaded file vold.fstab, Go to System > etc And delete the original file and paste the duplicate one.......
4. Click on new vold.fstab file nd keep it pressed to open the menu and click on permisions and set them to rw_r__r__
Like shown in screenshot
Screenshot_2013_08_14_15_44_13.png

the screenshot is from my mobile...so just consider the dialog box :p
5. Close root explorer.Shut down your tablet and start it again
6. Go to settings >storage and see the storage :cool::cool:
I know you are shocked
Please click thanx rather than just saying thnx...it will be more helpful to me :D

CM 10 [For funbook Infinity]
Download the file from the given link extract it and follow the above steps.
Vold.fstab for CM 10

FOR OTHER TABLETS AND PHONES!!

1. with the help of any root browser copy the file vold.fstb file in system/etc
2. Upload it here and I will modify it
3. Download the modified one and replace it with original one

Please Hit thanks button if I helped you
•®

Attachments

• vold.rar
    505 bytes · Views: 6,943
Last edited:

Prashnts

Dec 2, 2012
"Note : Person following this guide accepts that there will be no hand of the maker of the thread if there is any damage to his/her tablet."
Luvk1412 is very proud to show you all the way to increase the internal memory of your.tablet. The way works on all the Funbooks(Alpha,P300,Infinity,Pro,Talk)(tested) but dont know wether it works on other tablets such as Galaxy tab, karbonn smart tab etc. but it should work there also(not tested)
Preparation:
2. For rooting funbook infinity you can follow this thread - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1959026
3. Install root explorer in your tablet. It is a paid app on playstore, so i cannot give its apk file as it may lead to spam but u can download it from google or 4shared.com from where i download for free. You can also use ES file Manager(its free on play store but i recomend root explorer)
4. Now you are all set for increasing Ur internal memoery.

METHOD:
1. Download the attachment and extract it and transfer the file "Vold.fstab"to ur sd card.
2. Now open root explorer and grant root permisions to it. Go to System > etc and copy the original vold.fstab file to a safe location(if there is any problem u can restore it)
3. Now copy the downloaded file vold.fstab, Go to System > etc And delete the original file and paste the duplicate one.......
4. close root explorer.Shut down your tablet and start it again
5. Go to settings >storage and see the MAGIC
I know you are shocked
Please click thanx rather than just saying thnx...it will be more helpful to me :cowboy::D:cowboy::good:

1: Not shocking.
2. Method is very very dangerous since you still cant get any working firmware.
3. Many SD Card Swap scripts work the same way.
4. Since you are playing with vold.fstab, keep it in mind that you may end up with currupted SD card.
5. AND MOST IMPORTANT: YOU SHOULD NEVER PUT SYSTEM FILES FROM ONE TAB TO ANOTHER.
6. Never edit these files in windows notepad. Use Notepad++

Google: SD CARD swap...
I am trying
I will report after working..
It will work. But do not include this in your ROM!
:rolleyes:

Reactions: Mohammad Shahebaz

luvk1412

Nov 25, 2012
Amritsar
4. Since you are playing with vold.fstab, keep it in mind that you may end up with currupted SD card.
5. AND MOST IMPORTANT: YOU SHOULD NEVER PUT SYSTEM FILES FROM ONE TAB TO ANOTHER.

Nothing dangerous ...working in my infinity like a charm......and i edit in notepadd ++ only..but thnx for advice...tested in all funbooks....ya we cannot access the original sd card but who cares......if there is internal 32 gb...(using 32 gigs sd card)

luv........

Reactions: csmoore88

luvk1412

Nov 25, 2012
Amritsar
Nothing dangerous ...working in my infinity like a charm......and i edit in notepadd ++ only..but thnx for advice...tested in all funbooks....ya we cannot access the original sd card but who cares......if there is internal 32 gb...(using 32 gigs sd card)

luv........

Speed also increases due to increase in internal memory

luv........

Reactions: csmoore88

sgsI9003

Mar 13, 2011
New Delhi
I swaped the file as per the given procedure now when I booted up I am getting message "Damaged SD card" asking me if I want to format the SDcard

My external sd is now detected as internal showing me total 32gb space but a strange this happen with me is that many apps I had moved to sd card using Apps2sd they are not showing as installed, so I have to swap back the file bring all apps to internal sd then do this operation once again.

luvk1412

Nov 25, 2012
Amritsar
I swaped the file as per the given procedure now when I booted up I am getting message "Damaged SD card" asking me if I want to format the SDcard

My external sd is now detected as internal showing me total 32gb space but a strange this happen with me is that many apps I had moved to sd card using Apps2sd they are not showing as installed, so I have to swap back the file bring all apps to internal sd then do this operation once again.
That message will come....u hve to compromisewith that...as u are gaining a 32 gb of internal storage....by the way I want to make sure are u using infinity only or anothrr tab or device
For games and apps
Before swapping copy ur android folder to the external sd card...and then swap...this wud save ur most of apps and games but some u hve to reinstall ...
Advice...use titanium bakup and bakup all ur apps ..copy the bakup folder to ur pc...then uninstall all of apps...swap and then restore using titanium bkup

Hit thnx for every help

sgsI9003

Mar 13, 2011
New Delhi
That message will come....u hve to compromisewith that...as u are gaining a 32 gb of internal storage....by the way I want to make sure are u using infinity only or anothrr tab or device
I cant compromise for a reason that every time it boots up that warning pops up this tablet is going to be mostly used by kids & if they click on that warning "format card" all data will be wiped in few seconds. If there can be a way to stop that warning pop up that would be great & will be a safe option.

I am indeed using funbook p275 infinity tablet. I will try once again with swap & test the benefits of the swap versus danger of formatting 32gb card by kids.

My understanding is that we only gain 32gb in exchange of internal (2nd partition) of SD card not the 1st partition on which the OS is running which means there are still many apps with big sizes we cant install as they need to be on 1st partition they don't allow apps to be moved to SD card so this gain in reality still does not let you gain more space on 1st partition as it seems it remains locked with a limited space.

Am I right in understanding this swap gain?

luvk1412

Nov 25, 2012
Amritsar
I cant compromise for a reason that every time it boots up that warning pops up this tablet is going to be mostly used by kids & if they click on that warning "format card" all data will be wiped in few seconds. If there can be a way to stop that warning pop up that would be great & will be a safe option.

I am indeed using funbook p275 infinity tablet. I will try once again with swap & test the benefits of the swap versus danger of formatting 32gb card by kids
No need to flash again...this warning wud pop up every time...
Clicking on that warning does nothing...
It will not format ur sd card...u can try.
Actually while creating that script I was not able to delete this warning but was able to void its action....I hope u understand..;)

Hit thnx for every help

Reactions: PrettyJAE.swag

luvk1412

Nov 25, 2012
Amritsar
My understanding is that we only gain 32gb in exchange of internal (2nd partition) of SD card not the 1st partition on which the OS is running which means there are still many apps with big sizes we cant install as they need to be on 1st partition they don't allow apps to be moved to SD card so this gain in reality still does not let you gain more space on 1st partition as it seems it remains locked with a limited space.

Am I right in understanding this swap gain?

I think u are saying that we cannot move some apps like facebook watsaap from internal storage (500 mb) to internal sd card(32gb obtained by swapping)....if I understod wrong then correct me...
Most of the bigger gamez and apps like high end games such as modern combat...nfs most wanted....gta....amazing s.m.
Store there data on internal sd card only

But some apps like fb ..wtsappare not but dsnt creates much problem as its 500 mb...but still if uwnt to move them also use "link to sd" app....google for proer guide on how to setup& use link to sd...it needs that ur memory card (32gb)be partioned into 2 parts....

Hit thnx for every help

Last edited:

Pkb2003

Mar 24, 2012
Meerut
Realme 7 Pro
"Note :I am not responsible for any bricked devices or broken hearts. Please do some research if you have any doubt.
This guide describes how to swap internal and external sd cards of your android device.
Guide is specially made in with refrence to funbook but read the last part for any android device
The way works on all the Funbooks(Alpha,P300,Infinity,Pro,Talk)(tested) but for other android devices follow 2 nd guide
Preparation:
3. Install root explorer in your tablet. You can also use any other root browser such as ES file Manager

METHOD:
I know you are shocked
Please click thanx rather than just saying thnx...it will be more helpful to me :cowboy::D:cowboy::good:
FOR OTHER TABLETS!!

Plz try to change mine a7+ file

Sent from my A7+ using xda premium

Attachments

• vold.zip
    999 bytes · Views: 86
Last edited:

luvk1412

Nov 25, 2012
Amritsar
Plz try to change mine a7+ file

Sent from my A7+ using xda premium

No...it cant work on ur device...it can work on the devices which have internal sd card
becoz for swaping ad card one needs an internal sd which company provides as internal memry nd an external which we insert nd the internal is swaped by external
-----------------------------------------
Press thnx for every help :)

protox 109

Oct 11, 2012
Sanpada - Navi Mumbai
don't play with the script, I would say that it is very easy to do memory swap , just change some lines of the vold.fstab yourself if not satisfied ny the thing posted by luvk

And once it is done high end games can be played easily :D

luvk1412

Nov 25, 2012
Amritsar
don't play with the script, I would say that it is very easy to do memory swap , just change some lines of the vold.fstab yourself if not satisfied ny the thing posted by luvk

And once it is done high end games can be played easily :D

Yup.. But that device Shud have an external SD support... By the way protox are u the person named prnyt on fb

----------------------------------------------------
Hit thnx for every help

lontu

Jun 11, 2011
Kolkata
After swaping it's shows the external sdcard as internal but the internal sd which is now external is now not getting mounted. Whenever mount it, it shows 'Damaged SD card' and format option. Formatting that also doesn't solve the problem. Please help..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    "Note :
    I am not responsible for any bricked devices or broken hearts.
    Please do some research if you have any doubt.
    For your device you need to follow the last part but your device should have the externel sd card support
    Guide is specially made in with refrence to funbook but read the last part for any android device.
    Preparation:

METHOD:
    4. Click on new vold.fstab file nd keep it pressed to open the menu and click on permisions and set them to rw_r__r__
    Like shown in screenshot
    Screenshot_2013_08_14_15_44_13.png

the screenshot is from my mobile...so just consider the dialog box :p
    5. Close root explorer.Shut down your tablet and start it again
    6. Go to settings >storage and see the storage :cool::cool:
    I know you are shocked
    Please click thanx rather than just saying thnx...it will be more helpful to me :D

CM 10 [For funbook Infinity]
    Download the file from the given link extract it and follow the above steps.
    Vold.fstab for CM 10

FOR OTHER TABLETS AND PHONES!!

•®
    "Note : Person following this guide accepts that there will be no hand of the maker of the thread if there is any damage to his/her tablet."
    Luvk1412 is very proud to show you all the way to increase the internal memory of your.tablet. The way works on all the Funbooks(Alpha,P300,Infinity,Pro,Talk)(tested) but dont know wether it works on other tablets such as Galaxy tab, karbonn smart tab etc. but it should work there also(not tested)
    Preparation:
    2. For rooting funbook infinity you can follow this thread - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1959026
    3. Install root explorer in your tablet. It is a paid app on playstore, so i cannot give its apk file as it may lead to spam but u can download it from google or 4shared.com from where i download for free. You can also use ES file Manager(its free on play store but i recomend root explorer)
    4. Now you are all set for increasing Ur internal memoery.

METHOD:
    I know you are shocked

I am trying
    I will report after working..

luv........

luv........

Speed also increases due to increase in internal memory

luv........

I am indeed using funbook p275 infinity tablet. I will try once again with swap & test the benefits of the swap versus danger of formatting 32gb card by kids
    No need to flash again...this warning wud pop up every time...
    Clicking on that warning does nothing...
    It will not format ur sd card...u can try.
    Actually while creating that script I was not able to delete this warning but was able to void its action....I hope u understand..;)

Hit thnx for every help