NOW WORKING - Alpharevx + Clockwork + CM7 + Radio/GPS Fix

Search This thread

jblyth

Aug 28, 2008
I have finally got my Telstra Pre-paid Wildfire up and running with with all the updates!

• S-off (via reverting back to boot .01 then Alpharevx)
  • Clockwork Mod done (via Android Flasher 1.8 see read about here)
  • CyanogenMod (via Clockwork Mod)
  • GPS Working again (by updating Radio Version via Android Flasher 1.8)

Find Android Flasher 1.8 from here and the latest HTC Wildfire Radio here and I now have GPS and everything else working with CM7 - at last !!!!!

Cheers :D
John in Sunny Carnarvon - Western Australia

Reactions: haydent

punky.mtp

Jan 5, 2011
Montpellier
I have finally got my Telstra Pre-paid Wildfire up and running with with all the updates!

Find Android Flasher 1.8 from here and the latest HTC Wildfire Radio here and I now have GPS and everything else working with CM7 - at last !!!!!

Hi,

Use 3.35.19.25 Radio, GPS don't work with 3.35.20.10 Radio (CM 7.0.3)

f0li0

[*]S-off (via reverting back to boot .01 then Alpharevx)
[*]Clockwork Mod done (via Android Flasher 1.8 see read about here)
[*]CyanogenMod (via Clockwork Mod)
[*]GPS Working again (by updating Radio Version via Android Flasher 1.8)

Hi,

Use 3.35.19.25 Radio, GPS don't work with 3.35.20.10 Radio (CM 7.0.3)

Yes it does. Initially no, but I reflashed the 3.35.20.10 radio then the gps works and I am on 7.0.3 too

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using XDA Premium App

jblyth

Aug 28, 2008
BUT .... I can't seem to get a Bluetooth connect properly with either radio. How about you????

Cheers
John

haydent

Jun 20, 2011
In my case, fresh CM 7.0.3 couldnt turn on GPS and flashing 3.35.20.10 radio solved this problem

same, have telstra phone, and went out to go geocaching to find it wouldnt turn on... ;( anyway home and happy now that flashing 3.35.20.10 radio solved this problem

thanks !

jblyth

Aug 28, 2008
same, have telstra phone, and went out to go geocaching to find it wouldnt turn on... ;( anyway home and happy now that flashing 3.35.20.10 radio solved this problem

thanks !

Glad to hear it worked. How about Bluetooth?????

I can sort of connect, but no Services seem to be available like Headset, File transfer etc...

Thanks

haydent

Jun 20, 2011
ok so bluetooth doesn't appear to be working, i tried with my laptop...

any ideas on what to try ?

jblyth

Aug 28, 2008
Bluetooth issues with CyanogenMod 7.0.3

ok so bluetooth doesn't appear to be working, i tried with my laptop...

any ideas on what to try ?

It seems to be a known problem, but with no fix as yet. I must admit that I wouldn't have flashed the CyanogenMod way had I realised - however....

This thread is talking about the issue with a partial fix

I tried the suggested solution, but it only enabled file transfers by Bluetooth, and it is hands free and music that I need.

I will monitor the thread and hopefully something will turn up. It seems the main problem is that the required Bluetooth services are not present in the ROM.

Cheers

aciddo

May 28, 2011
Htc Buzz CM 7.0.3 radio fix problem

Hello

I have Htc buzz with CM 7.0.3
My gps does not work so i tried this method to reflash radio as suggested.
When i run Android flash 1.8.0 check radio and load buzz.radio-3.35.19.25-signed image my phone reboots in bootloader mode,tries to load the radio.img but i get the
following message and the operation is aborted:

G:\AndroidFlasher1.8.0>@echo off
cd data\
taskkill /F /IM adb.exe
SUCCESS: The process "adb.exe" with PID 6844 has been terminated.
taskkill /F /IM fastboot.exe
adb.exe reboot bootloader
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
fastboot.exe flash radio radio.img
< waiting for device >
sending 'radio' (21632 KB)...
OKAY [ 4.832s]
Del radio.img
fastboot.exe reboot
(bootloader) signature checking...
(bootloader) signature checking...
FAILED (remote: signature verify fail)
finished. total time: 10.107s
rebooting...
finished. total time: 0.010s

Any suggestions please?

Thank you

stylemessiah

May 2, 2008
Sydney
Yes it does. Initially no, but I reflashed the 3.35.20.10 radio then the gps works and I am on 7.0.3 too

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using XDA Premium App

Just confirming it also worked for me

GPS was NOT even enabled....download GPS Essentials, if you hit Satellites icon in it and see an error about the location device being disabled then you're seeing what i saw...and this may work for you

Already had 3.35.20.10

Using latest CM7

1) Reflashed it via Android Flasher
2) Turned on GPS...nothing..same old error in GPS Essentials...
3) Curse CyanogenMod for releasing a ROM with NO WARNING that it would kill your GPS...worked fine on the stock Telstra ROM
4) Turn Off Wifi as i read somewhere in the countless threads about CM and GPS failure that some people could get GPS working when Wifi was off
5) Turn GPS off and then back on...test in GPS Essentials...error gone and satellites...and im inside in a concrete two story house...got a fix in 25 seconds, 9 satellites....
6) Figure i was going to be one of those either Wifi Or GPS victims. Turn Wifi back on..test GPS...Fine

Fully working ........

Android Flasher - great app, i used it like the OP did as part of the process to root my Telstra Wildfire...makes things easier than some of the convoluted steps ive seen elsewhere to do things like install clockworkmod and to downgrade HBOOT to run revolutionary. It saved me countless steps to do HBOOT, CWM and now reflashing the radio

Last edited:

leonkilat

Feb 2, 2012
quick question guys and dolls, Ive been having problems with my GPS also and reflashing the new radio solved that. I would just like to ask if aside from your GPS and bluetooth, will it also affect your messaging like SMS and MMS. I use to be able to get 3G, EDGE, HSDPA but now, my choices are 2G and 3G only. Forgive me for this noob question, I am and will always be a noob, but, I am always willing to learn :)
Thank you for your reply

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.