LG Revolution 2900 mAh Battery is amazing!

Search This thread

DelFrogo

Aug 21, 2011
Alexandria, VA
If you have a Revolution you must get the 2900 mAh Lithium Battery.

I am a moderate low user running GingerVolt V1.2. I unplug my phone at 6AM and go to work. I talk for about an 1hr/day, surf the net, email, game for 1hr/day. I pass a 4G area on the way to work but for the most part I am strictly 3G with LTE on. I used to get 9-10 HRs before my phone would die.

I bought my 2900 mAh battery from the verizon store. My phone has been unplugged for 1 Day 15 Hrs with 25% battery left!!! I could go 2 Days but that would be pushing it.

The extended battery is bulky and does make the phone a bit heavier but I think I have a better grip of it now. The protrusion seems to be a good finger wedge. Furthermore, I really didn't feel a difference while my phone was in my pocket.

Overall I fell in love with my phone again. I can be free of the power cord longer than you.

Haro912

Jul 27, 2011
Pittsburgh
If you have a Revolution you must get the 2900 mAh Lithium Battery.

I am a moderate low user running GingerVolt V1.2. I unplug my phone at 6AM and go to work. I talk for about an 1hr/day, surf the net, email, game for 1hr/day. I pass a 4G area on the way to work but for the most part I am strictly 3G with LTE on. I used to get 9-10 HRs before my phone would die.

I bought my 2900 mAh battery from the verizon store. My phone has been unplugged for 1 Day 15 Hrs with 25% battery left!!! I could go 2 Days but that would be pushing it.

The extended battery is bulky and does make the phone a bit heavier but I think I have a better grip of it now. The protrusion seems to be a good finger wedge. Furthermore, I really didn't feel a difference while my phone was in my pocket.

Overall I fell in love with my phone again. I can be free of the power cord longer than you.
I got that once with stock battery :) but that was me sending like 3 texts and other than that not touching my phone :p

ozymandiaz

Jun 22, 2011
Downside is that my case doesn't fit anymore. But, the battery makes the phone fit the holster without the case. Sure do miss the protection the case would give though... One drop that breaks the phone would make me regret having the battery instead of the case...

ufkal

Sep 10, 2010
St. Louis
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Downside is that my case doesn't fit anymore. But, the battery makes the phone fit the holster without the case. Sure do miss the protection the case would give though... One drop that breaks the phone would make me regret having the battery instead of the case...

Agreed.. It fits in the holster but does not fit well and has a tendency to fall out. I saw at a VZW store that they had the same holster/case I use (with the kickstand) for the Bionic, and it says it fit with extended battery. Dang it. I want that for our Revo!!

Bait-Fish

Aug 10, 2011
Southern California
I got the same discount in a VZW corporate store when it rang up. Despite the size and weight, it's nice not worrying about power all day.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk

slow162

Jul 11, 2011
I've had the extended battery 3 days longer than I've had the phone. I used to keep it and a standard battery fully charged but the extended worked so well I put the standard away. When I have strong a strong signal I can use the internet for hours and see only a minimal decrease. Its well worth the money.

Sent from my VS910 4G using XDA App

DaemonAshra

Oct 17, 2009
Mesa
for those still wanting this battery, I got one from Verizon at Half off due to a promotion. Apparently all batteries for 4G devices are 50% of until the end of march.

droidgenius

Jan 12, 2012
Spokane, WA
I got the extended battery and I'm getting about 7-8 hr of use.. but I'm using very heavy use. Like wifi tether. Texting all day. YouTube. Internet. Extended battery is awesome

Sent from my VS910 4G using xda premium

cowrecked

Nov 28, 2011
Thanks for the info! I can confirm, just placed an order for mine, $25 plus tax. Doesn't appear to be a discount on all batteries for all phones, but ours is good.

Big Cam

Apr 6, 2011
West Fargo
I got this about a week ago and I absolutely love it, but has anyone noticed it takes like 6-7 hours to recharge from dead. It seems extraordinarily long.

Also it charges really slow, before you could see it charge 20% in like 45-60 minutes, now it does like 7% in an hour.

Still totally worth it as long as you have a plug in each night, you'll never go dead.:D

nasaiya

Feb 5, 2012
I also have the extended battery. Despite popular opinion I like the shape of it better! It actually fits in my hand now lol.

Anyway so far my battery lifetime hasn't seen a significant improvement, (went to sleep last night with it at 62% and this morning it was dead and didn't wake me up)!

It's only been a few days though maybe it will improve with time...

Edit: Mine also takes FOREVER to charge up... Once it got stuck at 75% and would charge no further, but unplugging and re-plugging it made it charge the rest of the way.

DaemonAshra

Oct 17, 2009
Mesa
I also have the extended battery. Despite popular opinion I like the shape of it better! It actually fits in my hand now lol.

Anyway so far my battery lifetime hasn't seen a significant improvement, (went to sleep last night with it at 62% and this morning it was dead and didn't wake me up)!

Edit: Mine also takes FOREVER to charge up... Once it got stuck at 75% and would charge no further, but unplugging and re-plugging it made it charge the rest of the way.

I turn off data and wifi and that seems to take care of it.

spc_hicks09

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 23, 2011
Marion, OH
www.facebook.com

Mine takes a while to charge too, if I charge it from about 5-10%, 5 hours still won't charge it to 100%

xgshortbus25

Sep 16, 2011
Seymour
Day 1 With extended battery!!!

Hey just got my battery yesterday and am going to see how well it holds up I am a heavy user. Stock I only got about 3hrs out of original battery! Lets see how it goes!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have the extended life battery from Verizon. Says 3000mAh and I can proudly say that with moderate/heavy use, I get about 12-14 hours. Less that moderate/light use and I get about 25-27 hours.