[HOWTO] Port N7100 ROMs to I317 and N7105

Search This thread

madmack

I'll gladly set up a Google Code Page for you...I'll do the same thing I did for randomblame and his original Jellytime Project...link to that project page is in my sig.

I appreciate the offer. I think it's a little too early for that. Our LTE variants are most likely going to be officially supported given that N7100 is already (by nebkat). Once they figure out the minor mods that need to be done to get Cm10 running, I'm sure they'll create an official device tree.

I'll try to get this running. If I do, I'll post a howto. The l33t devs can take it from there.

antiochasylum

Recognized Contributor
I appreciate the offer. I think it's a little too early for that. Our LTE variants are most likely going to be officially supported given that N7100 is already (by nebkat). Once they figure out the minor mods that need to be done to get Cm10 running, I'm sure they'll create an official device tree.

I'll try to get this running. If I do, I'll post a howto. The l33t devs can take it from there.

I've already setup the cm10 tree on my github. Most of it. I just need the figure out the defconfig in the kernel. I've had help from a few CM members already.

The big thing is pulling our props that are not common.

QC_MODEM needs to be enabled in the defconfig. And the entire exynos modem disabled for the kernel to work .

However kudo's on the 7100 ROM. I tried, but I missed a few of those libs. So mine never worked. And I only spent like 1 hour trying lol.

madmack

I've already setup the cm10 tree on my github. Most of it. I just need the figure out the defconfig in the kernel. I've had help from a few CM members already.

The big thing is pulling our props that are not common.

QC_MODEM needs to be enabled in the defconfig. And the entire exynos modem disabled for the kernel to work .

However kudo's on the 7100 ROM. I tried, but I missed a few of those libs. So mine never worked. And I only spent like 1 hour trying lol.

Thanks for sharing the dev tree. Have you done anything in the defconfig? the kernel tree in your github is untouched so I'm wondering if I have anything to start from or if I should write a defconfig from scratch. I diffed the two TW defconfigs and I did see the QC_MODEM stuff that we need to enable.

BoOsT

Jan 6, 2008
Southeast Missouri
HAHAHA This is Great! I have been working on this for a couple days. I actually just text my buddy this morning and said i think i have it figured out! Im porting the OMEGA ROM for personal use.

Good job on the write up! I am glad i looked because i completely forgot the gps.exynos4 file!

th3g1z

Mar 29, 2011
You are awesome. Lol I was about 8 or 10 libs shy glad you got it working man

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

rekrapg

Aug 10, 2009
Brisbane
@madmack - as an N7105 user, this is absolutely brilliant news! I don't see a donate button or anything in your sig, but if you set one up, i'm buying you a beer or two!

J

juwttt

If i replace the modem, kernel and boot.img is it needed to change the updater-script?
if not, how do i do step 1, please.
thanks!

antiochasylum

Recognized Contributor
Thanks for sharing the dev tree. Have you done anything in the defconfig? the kernel tree in your github is untouched so I'm wondering if I have anything to start from or if I should write a defconfig from scratch. I diffed the two TW defconfigs and I did see the QC_MODEM stuff that we need to enable.

Yes I haven't touched that lol. Only uploaded the tree stuff.

You don't have to start from scratch. The 7100 should work with the added drivers and lines. At least that's how I picture it.

---------- Post added at 03:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:12 PM ----------

If i replace the modem, kernel and boot.img is it needed to change the updater-script?
if not, how do i do step 1, please.
thanks!

Are you removing it? Or adding you own? You can remove them, but you'll need to edit the updater script.

If you want to just replace and add your own nothing has to be done to updater script.

Reactions: turilo

turilo

Jun 17, 2007
Hamilton,Ont
Yes I haven't touched that lol. Only uploaded the tree stuff.

You don't have to start from scratch. The 7100 should work with the added drivers and lines. At least that's how I picture it.

---------- Post added at 03:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:12 PM ----------

Are you removing it? Or adding you own? You can remove them, but you'll need to edit the updater script.

If you want to just replace and add your own nothing has to be done to updater script.

ok real dumb question here but where would the kernel and default modem be placed in the archived rom? i see boot.img in root and found modem in aroma extra but that cant be default and kernel location?

antiochasylum

Recognized Contributor
ok real dumb question here but where would the kernel and default modem be placed in the archived rom? i see boot.img in root and found modem in aroma extra but that cant be default and kernel location?

your boot.img is the kernel :)

boot.img in the root usually and modem.bin some where else. I'm porting indie right now. I can upload momentarily if people want it.

Reactions: turilo

antiochasylum

Recognized Contributor
For those who wish to port - here are the files i pulled from stock i317 - the folders are named their respective places.

Replace and flash away! I could make a script to do it for you, but I'm not going ot make it that easy lol.

Edit: I could just make this a flashable zip. Install your desired 7100 rom, then flash this...anyone interested?

Attachments

• i317-to-7100-port-files.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 450
Last edited:

turilo

Jun 17, 2007
Hamilton,Ont
For those who wish to port - here are the files i pulled from stock i317 - the folders are named their respective places.

Replace and flash away! I could make a script to do it for you, but I'm not going ot make it that easy lol.

nice thanks antiochasylum! but what about the flashing of the modem or kernel in original n7100 rom? or updater script?

id10terrordfw

Aug 3, 2010
Fort Worth, TX

Oh yeah? Well I'll make my own script. With blackjack. And hookers. In fact, forget the script!

But really, thanks!

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda premium

J

juwttt

Just got RR to work...if anyone wants it i will upload.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I spent the entire day yesterday trying to make Android Revolution HD work on my I317. At the end of the day, success ! and here is how:

Please do not experiment with this stuff if you're not familiar with partitions and the way things work. You do run the risk of bricking your device permanently if you don't know what you're doing. I'll write this so that developers can start porting their ROMs to the LTE variants.

The two devices are identical except for the modem (and rild files) and the GPS initialization at bootup.

1. You'll need to rewrite the updater-script in most CWM flashable ROMs to make sure.. again, MAKE SURE that you do not flash anything else except /system /data and the boot partition. Overwriting your modem partition with a modem from the N7100 phone or the bootloader partitions will blow up your phone. You've been warned ! The partition labels and numbers are identical so you won't have to change that.

2. Make sure you bundle a kernel (boot.img) from one of I317/N7105 (depending on which device you own). Obviously we're talking about TW kernels here so for example stock JB kernels or Perseus will do just fine. Do not flash boot.img kernels from the N7100 section.

3. You'll need to add and remove a bunch of userland library files from your device. I won't attach these files here but you can grab them from any I317/N7105 ROM:

Files to ADD/REPLACE (Yes, every single one counts as they're dynamically linked). The stuff in /system/bin are started by the initramfs in the kernel so add them all in as well:

Code:
    ./system
    ./system/bin
    ./system/bin/qcks
    ./system/bin/sec-ril
    ./system/bin/qmuxd
    ./system/bin/efsks
    ./system/bin/diag_uart_log
    ./system/bin/netmgrd
    ./system/bin/gsiff_daemon
    ./system/bin/ks
    ./system/bin/rild
    ./system/bin/qmiproxy
    ./system/bin/secstarter
    ./system/etc
    ./system/etc/gps.conf
    ./system/lib
    ./system/lib/hw
    ./system/lib/hw/audio.primary.smdk4x12.so
    ./system/lib/hw/gps.default.so
    ./system/lib/hw/audio_policy.smdk4x12.so
    ./system/lib/libril-qc-qmi-1.so
    ./system/lib/libnetmgr.so
    ./system/lib/libaudio-ril.so
    ./system/lib/libloc_api_v02.so
    ./system/lib/libril-qcril-hook-oem.so
    ./system/lib/libqdp.so
    ./system/lib/libdsutils.so
    ./system/lib/libqmiservices.so
    ./system/lib/libqmi_client_qmux.so
    ./system/lib/libloc_adapter.so
    ./system/lib/libqmi_common_so.so
    ./system/lib/libqdi.so
    ./system/lib/libqmi.so
    ./system/lib/libcsd-client.so
    ./system/lib/libloc_eng.so
    ./system/lib/libqmi_encdec.so
    ./system/lib/libqcci_legacy.so
    ./system/lib/libqmi_cci.so
    ./system/lib/libssaudio-client.so
    ./system/lib/libidl.so
    ./system/lib/libril.so
    ./system/lib/libqmi_csi.so
    ./system/lib/libdiag.so
    ./system/lib/libdsi_netctrl.so
    ./system/lib/libgps.utils.so
    ./system/lib/libgps.so
    To remove !!! Moi importante !
    Code:
    ./system/lib/hw/gps.exynos4.so
    If you don't remove that GPS exynos4 file, HAL will load it and never the gps.default.so file so your gps won't work. Took me three friggin hours to figure out.

4. Lastly, you'll need to change build.prop so that it loads our RILD files instead of the N7100's:
    Code:
    replace
    rild.libpath=/system/lib/libsec-ril.so
    with
    rild.libpath=/system/lib/libril-qc-qmi-1.so

5. ???

6. Profit.

When I get sometime, I'll try to port CM10 from the N7100 tree. Done.
    CM10 RILD. Done. :victory:

:good::good::good:

Edit: I could just make this a flashable zip. Install your desired 7100 rom, then flash this...anyone interested?
    apn works now. LTE is a go.

I'm done for the day. Have a good night guys
    guys, AUDIO IS FIXED !

Whaaat up

Lemme try to document the entire thing into my github account. That should be the easy part.

So far, GPS, Bluetooth, Wifi, Audio, RIL.. all works in AOSP.

I think we got some issues with the stylus (like its completely broken) but who cares about that right? j/k