[Q] HELP Need APN settings for AT&T Tab 10.1

Search This thread

trophyman

Jun 10, 2012
So--went to AT&T today to get data plan for my Tab 10.1. They played with the thing for an hour and told me that the tablet was probably an "overseas" tablet and would not recognize their SIM card.

Called people I got it from (vendor with Amazon in NYC) who assured me that all I needed was the proper APN settings. Been searching net all day and tried about 5 versions with no joy.

Does anybody here have their Tab 10.1 set up with AT&T? AT&T told me that since they don't sell that model they are unsure of settings. I can get the thing to work with WIFI and settings for EDGE.

Any help is appreciated.

Reactions: YogaSlackers

trophyman

Jun 10, 2012
Solved!! No 3g connection on tab 10.1

So--went to AT&T today to get data plan for my Tab 10.1. They played with the thing for an hour and told me that the tablet was probably an "overseas" tablet and would not recognize their SIM card.

Called people I got it from (vendor with Amazon in NYC) who assured me that all I needed was the proper APN settings. Been searching net all day and tried about 5 versions with no joy.

Does anybody here have their Tab 10.1 set up with AT&T? AT&T told me that since they don't sell that model they are unsure of settings. I can get the thing to work with WIFI and settings for EDGE.

Any help is appreciated.

OK---After extensive internet research, turns out that I am not the only one with this problem. I've been back to the AT&T store 3X with 3 different techs working on the tab with no joy! I could get "edge" (2G) and wifi but not 3G.

For others having this problem, here is what U need to do.

First, check ur APN settings. Here is what worked for my GT-P7500.

Name: AT&T broadband
APN: Broadband
Proxy: leave blank
Port: leave blank
Username: leave blank]
Password: leave blank)
Server: leave blank
MMSC: leave blank
MMS Proxy: leave blank
MMS Port: 80
MCC:310
MNC:410
APN Type: leave blank

Be sure to SAVE your settings (click upper right corner and select save)

go back and TAP SETTINGS
THEN:
Tap Wireless and network
Tap Mobile networks
Tap Network mode
Tap GSM only to turn off 3G
Tap GSM/WCDMA AUTOMATIC to turn on 3G

That's it!

Mysticales

Oct 30, 2007
www.darkmystics.com
Thanks for the info! Was wondering how the **** to get my Mobile share plan working with the 10-20$ addon for my Dell Streak 7. It just wouldnt connect till I used the APN settings above.

Now if I could only get it to text message..

davidgraham

Aug 25, 2013
This worked for my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8000

OK---After extensive internet research, turns out that I am not the only one with this problem. I've been back to the AT&T store 3X with 3 different techs working on the tab with no joy! I could get "edge" (2G) and wifi but not 3G.

go back and TAP SETTINGS
THEN:
Tap Wireless and network
Tap Mobile networks
Tap Network mode

That's it!

This worked!! I had worked with At&t guys at a store, then called customer service, and finally called customer service back and a tech informed me of this site and I found the APN settings and entered them. They worked, but the tech also corrected something on his side, a "provision" he set to be "try" as it was set for 2G/3G and needed to be changed so that I could get the 4G (hsdpa+) working. I originally had an APN named Cingular 410 on the tablet, and it was also set to wap.cingular with a bunch of other settings that I think are used for phones. The reset 3G trick also helped (tap GSM only, then tap GSM/WCDMA auto) as I wasn't sure if my earlier troubleshooting was actually taking effect.

YogaSlackers

Jul 30, 2013
www.yogaslackers.com
THANK YOU!!!

Wow I have tried everything... I posted on 15 plus forums, read countless posts saying it was not possible. NOT true! thank you for taking the time to post your efforts.

SAm

go back and TAP SETTINGS
THEN:
Tap Wireless and network
Tap Mobile networks
Tap Network mode

That's it!

Reactions: Enzopreme

jrlube

Dec 27, 2010
Samsung Note 10.1 2014 APN problem Solved!!

Samsung note 10.1 2014 t-mobile addition. purchased network Unlock key
Then purchased AT&T Sim.
No LTE
Created AT&T Broadband as stated above.
Works perfect!!
Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Solved!! No 3g connection on tab 10.1

Any help is appreciated.

go back and TAP SETTINGS
    THEN:
    Tap Wireless and network
    Tap Mobile networks
    Tap Network mode

That's it!

Any help is appreciated.
    THANK YOU!!!

Wow I have tried everything... I posted on 15 plus forums, read countless posts saying it was not possible. NOT true! thank you for taking the time to post your efforts.

SAm

go back and TAP SETTINGS
    THEN:
    Tap Wireless and network
    Tap Mobile networks
    Tap Network mode

That's it!