[TOOL] WinDroid Toolkit | Unlock | Root | Flash | Install | One X

Search This thread

Rapscallion16

Feb 9, 2012
Chicago
Link To Main Thread
uqNRwpE.gif

About
The WinDroid Toolkit is a Windows program built in Visual Studio using the C# programming language that simplifies the rooting process for many Android devices. The toolkit makes it easy to unlock your bootloader, flash a custom recovery and gain permanent root. It also includes other functions such as flashing kernels, pushing files and installing apps. If you find it helpful, give me a thanks and a donation if you can. If you find a bug or have a feature request, feel free to leave a reply. Thanks!

Download
WinDroid Toolkit

Changelog
Check out this document for current and past changelogs.

Supported Devices
Check out this spreadsheet for a list of currently supported devices.
Device not supported? Make a request here!

Contribute
Check out the source code on GitHub here.

Disclaimers
Please do not post, mirror, or take credit for this toolkit or any related work without explicit permission.
I am in no way responsible for any harm, damage, nuclear fission or bee infestation that may occur to your device through the use of this toolkit.

Last edited:

Rapscallion16

Feb 9, 2012
Chicago
Version 2.1 Now Out!

The toolkit has now been updated to Version 2.1! Lots of new features and fixed bugs, so check it out let me know what you think! :highfive:

EDIT: Aaaaand, something major came up. :mad: I may have to redesign a function, so the update may be a few more days. Sorry everyone!

Last edited:
Reactions: conqueror_25

Rapscallion16

Feb 9, 2012
Chicago
Version 2.1 is back online now! I had to redesign a few functions on the Setup page, and took some of that extra time to add even more features to it as well! Hope you all enjoy it! :laugh::good::highfive:

Reactions: conqueror_25

robchongke

Jun 5, 2012
hi! it might confuse to others. maybe you should edit the numbering in the next update. if you can see no.3 is flash kernel and rom while no.4 is gain root.

robchongke

Jun 5, 2012
I believe the numbering is correct, as you need to flash a working ROM and Kernel before you can gain root on your phone.
yes. what i'm trying to say is for example, if a first timer follow the numbering and after he/she flashed custom recovery and want to flash a custom rom or custom kernel it wont flash because the phone is not yet rooted. well that's just me.;)

melhookv12

Mar 7, 2010
A bit of help please

I have used this tool kit this morning. flashed custom recovery. CWM. Done a back up. Loaded Viper ROM to SD card. Loaded ROM ok.
I am stuck on the HTC screen.
I erased cache, flashed boot img, erased cache again. wiped all data, reloaded ROM, and I am trying it again.
But in your all in one tool kit it says at the top

error; device not recongised, but it still says it has flashed the boot img and erased the cache.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Rapscallion16

Feb 9, 2012
Chicago
I have used this tool kit this morning. flashed custom recovery. CWM. Done a back up. Loaded Viper ROM to SD card. Loaded ROM ok.
I am stuck on the HTC screen.
I erased cache, flashed boot img, erased cache again. wiped all data, reloaded ROM, and I am trying it again.
But in your all in one tool kit it says at the top

error; device not recongised, but it still says it has flashed the boot img and erased the cache.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

You have to make sure your phone is in Fastboot mode. To do that, go to the GroupBox on the right side labeled "Reboot" and choose the "Bootloader" button. Once your phone has rebooted successfully, you should be able to correctly flash the boot.img and erase the cache.

Reactions: melhookv12

melhookv12

Mar 7, 2010
You have to make sure your phone is in Fastboot mode. To do that, go to the GroupBox on the right side labeled "Reboot" and choose the "Bootloader" button. Once your phone has rebooted successfully, you should be able to correctly flash the boot.img and erase the cache.

I've done at and this is the message I get ...

erasing 'system'...
FAILED (remote: not allowed)
finished. total time: 0.155s

melhookv12

Mar 7, 2010
What command are you using that gives you that message?

I tried flashing the boot image by selecting 'Flash System ' then selected boot.img from my fastboot folder.

I cannot see a direct ' flash boot.img ' command in the tool kit

Thankyou for your help so far

I have come from a stock ruu, do I need to root the phone first ?

Rapscallion16

Feb 9, 2012
Chicago
I tried flashing the boot image by selecting 'Flash System ' then selected boot.img from my fastboot folder.

I cannot see a direct ' flash boot.img ' command in the tool kit

Thankyou for your help so far

I have come from a stock ruu, do I need to root the phone first ?

You are using the wrong command. A boot.img can also be known as a Kernel. On the Setup tab, in the bottom left, there is button named Flash Kernel. Use that with the boot.img instead.

Reactions: melhookv12

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Link To Main Thread
    uqNRwpE.gif

About
    The WinDroid Toolkit is a Windows program built in Visual Studio using the C# programming language that simplifies the rooting process for many Android devices. The toolkit makes it easy to unlock your bootloader, flash a custom recovery and gain permanent root. It also includes other functions such as flashing kernels, pushing files and installing apps. If you find it helpful, give me a thanks and a donation if you can. If you find a bug or have a feature request, feel free to leave a reply. Thanks!

Download
    WinDroid Toolkit

Changelog
    Check out this document for current and past changelogs.

Supported Devices
    Check out this spreadsheet for a list of currently supported devices.
    Device not supported? Make a request here!

Contribute
    Check out the source code on GitHub here.

Disclaimers
    Please do not post, mirror, or take credit for this toolkit or any related work without explicit permission.
    I am in no way responsible for any harm, damage, nuclear fission or bee infestation that may occur to your device through the use of this toolkit.
    Reserved.

Reserved.
    Major update to version 2.0! Check it out and give some feedback on the new design! :highfive:
    Is it support Windows 8?

Sent from my HTC One X Viper x 3.8.0 Final using XDA Premium app

It's designed to look like Windows 8, and was built on a computer running Windows 8, so it better support Windows 8! :p:D
    WinDroid Universal HTC Toolkit

The WinDroid Universal HTC Toolkit has officially been released! It fully supports the One X, so head over and let me know what you think! :fingers-crossed: