v510 ROM?

Search This thread

edru

Dec 10, 2008
Austin
Is anyone actively making a ROM?

Just wondering since I haven't seen them at all. Wish I knew how to dev :)

Sent from my LG-V510 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Galactic2

EdenGottlieb

Dec 15, 2013
Demetris currently working on a great GPE kernel, AndroidUser just got back in the game after building his powerful compiling rig

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Galactic2

Apr 14, 2011
New York City
Does anyone know what makes the v500 and v510 so different? How come the Roms aren't interchangeable /compatible? is it because of the kernels?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Mixinitup4Christ

Jun 23, 2013
Grand Prairie, TX
Does anyone know what makes the v500 and v510 so different? How come the Roms aren't interchangeable /compatible? is it because of the kernels?

I believe the install difference between the ROMs is in the Kernel and has to do with Loki and the bootloader..... I'm not a DEV though so don't take my word for it.

I've pinged our CM device maintainer about the status of our device a couple times but he is busy and I think it is taking low priority.

The last thing I heard was:
ME: Any news on the installation procedure changes for GPE?
Ricardo: I've yet to get my hands on one
ME: Do you physically need hands on it, can I provide you files, or let you remotely control a computer with the GPE plugged in? Just let me know if there is anything I can do to help! Thanks for all your work on the CM!
Ricardo: I'm going to try to get someone at the Seattle office to do that. It's more a time availability problem than anything else...
ME: Understood! Thanks, you guys rock!

Last edited:
Reactions: sleekmason

Mixinitup4Christ

Jun 23, 2013
Grand Prairie, TX

Mixinitup4Christ

Jun 23, 2013
Grand Prairie, TX
why don't you compile your own using this guide? http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2628951

two of the items shown in the second post are how to make it possible to change GAMMA color settings, and how to change your default governor for the CPU.

So, being complete ignorant of programming like I am, would I be able to package this kernel with a CM11 for AWIFI and have a working rom?

---------- Post added at 04:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:22 PM ----------

So, being complete ignorant of programming like I am, would I be able to package this kernel with a CM11 for AWIFI and have a working rom?

or is this only compiled for AOSP? or LGUI?

Don't you need different stuff in kernels for different roms based on the instructions from the rom?

sleekmason

Dec 22, 2013
Fayetteville
sleekmason.wordpress.com

---------- Post added at 04:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:22 PM ----------

or is this only compiled for AOSP? or LGUI?

Don't you need different stuff in kernels for different roms based on the instructions from the rom?

I would think that so long as you have the rom kernel source (there should be a commit changelog, and they have to release the source code if it is open source), you could indeed push it to our device the 510 that is I don't know anything about ROM development so I couldn't tell you if there is more necessary there or not.

the cool thing is, if you use "fastboot boot" rather than "fastboot flash", it will not stay permanently on your device and you should be able to reboot if you have any problems.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Is anyone actively making a ROM?

Just wondering since I haven't seen them at all. Wish I knew how to dev :)

Sent from my LG-V510 using xda app-developers app

I believe the install difference between the ROMs is in the Kernel and has to do with Loki and the bootloader..... I'm not a DEV though so don't take my word for it.

I've pinged our CM device maintainer about the status of our device a couple times but he is busy and I think it is taking low priority.

The last thing I heard was:
    ME: Any news on the installation procedure changes for GPE?
    Ricardo: I've yet to get my hands on one
    ME: Do you physically need hands on it, can I provide you files, or let you remotely control a computer with the GPE plugged in? Just let me know if there is anything I can do to help! Thanks for all your work on the CM!
    Ricardo: I'm going to try to get someone at the Seattle office to do that. It's more a time availability problem than anything else...
    ME: Understood! Thanks, you guys rock!