[Q] Screen protector and sensitivity

Search This thread

ElAguila

Mar 12, 2007
San Antonio
Had anybody else had sensitivity issues when using a screen protector? I bought the Zagg ultra clear hd protector and put it on right away. After doing that I have noticed that often it doesn't register touches and I have to tap harder than than I did before installing the protector. Please keep this thread to the question. I don't want it to turn into a discussion about merits of a screen protector vs being bare.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

440bro

Oct 14, 2008
Cleveland ROCKS!!!
gsomething.net
Yes your touch sensitivity is going to decrease when you add distance between the screen and your finger. Screen protectors vary in thickness, and materials they are made up of. So each style and brand are going to be different.

If your having problems turn up the sensitivity with glove mode. Or try a different screen protector.

chadrick.7

Oct 21, 2010
Houston, TX
I am a zagg employee and can assure you it only decreases sensitivity a slight amount. The best solution is to turn up the sensitivity like mentioned.

madlag

Jan 26, 2014
Mocksville
Listen I also tried the ZAGG and it was a major fail. Touch issues and a sort of haze on white backgrounds. I ended up pulling it off and contacting ZAGG for a replacement that I will just sell.

After seeing a friends protector on his iphone, I ended up using a Tech21 by BASF AND I CANT EVEN TELL IT'S ON THE SCREEN! I highly recommend it.

Rukbat

Feb 15, 2012
Fayetteville NC
Just to keep it honest, I'm NOT a Zagg employee. I never use anything but Zagg screen protectors. And I never notice any real difference iin sensitivity. (I'd have to find 2 phones that were exactly alike in sensitivity, put a Zagg on one, and test them side by side to do better than "never notice".)

I also like dealing with the company. AT&T bricked one of my N3s. (Don't dare run out of battery during an OTA that glitches, or you'll have a lump of silicon in a phone case.) Zagg replaced the screen protector - even though the reason had nothing to do with Zagg. They didn't guarantee their product, they guaranteed that I'd be able to continue to use their product, even if someone else caused it to be unusable.

chadrick.7

Oct 21, 2010
Houston, TX
Just to keep it honest, I'm NOT a Zagg employee. I never use anything but Zagg screen protectors. And I never notice any real difference iin sensitivity. (I'd have to find 2 phones that were exactly alike in sensitivity, put a Zagg on one, and test them side by side to do better than "never notice".)

I also like dealing with the company. AT&T bricked one of my N3s. (Don't dare run out of battery during an OTA that glitches, or you'll have a lump of silicon in a phone case.) Zagg replaced the screen protector - even though the reason had nothing to do with Zagg. They didn't guarantee their product, they guaranteed that I'd be able to continue to use their product, even if someone else caused it to be unusable.

That is correct our shields have a lifetime warranty no matter what.

Gods Son

Jun 23, 2012
Just increase the sensitivity. It's to easy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.