Brightness problem

Search This thread

asuprice

Mar 10, 2011
Charlotte, NC
Anyone having this problem with one side of the screen being brighter? Very noticeable on Grey's and some blues.
ju6egemu.jpg
a4y2y6aq.jpg
zatu9age.jpg

Dark_Vortex

Nov 7, 2010
Hmmm...I was laying in bed last night streaming some videos because I couldn't sleep. I think I would have noticed something like that on the black loading page...I recall everything was of uniform brightness. I'll have to check again later & specifically look for it. However, I'm incredibly anal about that kind of stuff so I think it would have stuck out like a sore thumb.

I have a Charcoal Grey unit, by the way.

karmuh

Jan 15, 2014
Orange County, NY
Opened up Chrome to that blank screen like you did and mine looks normal. I was thinking perhaps it was just a viewing angle sort of problem, but every angle I tried looked the same...normal. Not sure what could be causing that for you.

Dark_Vortex

Nov 7, 2010
Opened up Chrome to that blank screen like you did and mine looks normal. I was thinking perhaps it was just a viewing angle sort of problem, but every angle I tried looked the same...normal. Not sure what could be causing that for you.

We've come a long way with display technology and bad displays are a lot more rare than they used to be, but a bad one still will slip through from time to time. A trip down to the local AT&T store to swap it out for a new one will fix the problem.