Mi A3 Global : DO NOT UPDATE!

Search This thread

Aadil Gillani

Nov 20, 2015
Redmi Note 8

V11.0.3.0.QFQMXTC (not QFQMIXM one) is rolling out to the Mi A3 global users.

There was a serious bug in the latest update, so DO NOT UPDATE!!
#WARNING #ALERT #READ

This a warning to everyone who's using the stock ROM here: do NOT update your device to the latest build that shipped via OTA.

Apparently Xiaomeme has rolled out an incorrect build for our device. After flashing, it splashes "Telcel" logo (which is a Mexican carrier), and only SIM1 seems to work post update. If you see any updates, just ignore and do NOT flash.

Last edited:

mikenano

May 27, 2015
Thank you! I was updating when I read your warning, now I have a paused update. Thinking about doing a factory reset to get rid of that. I'm starting to be seriously tired of these mistakes and faulty updates...

Thank you again for your advice.

evanB70

May 12, 2016
Dhaka
Xiaomi Mi A3
That's why I switched to EU. As Xiaomi releases EU updates after global channel, these kind of mistakes are less likely to happen with EU builds.

palorent

Jul 12, 2014
What can I Do if i installed the Update?
Do you think xiaomi can fix it with a Update?

thearorahimanshu

Jan 17, 2018
You probably don't realize the irony in that - "mocking" Xiaomi for stock Android and at the same time be proud in using their heavily modified Android OS (MIUI).
am not proud to use it, but its better to use it instead of using Xiaomeme so called stock rom that is full of bugs. actually that's not a rom they are providing, they are giving a lot of bugs with a small amount of rom ??

soxtober05

Sep 9, 2012
OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren
Well, wife already updated (we both have the A3). We're still locked (bootloader's), and I see Xiaomi is "WORKING FEVERISHLY" to rectify (Ha!).
My question is, is the consensus here of a hard/factory reset would correct this?

_mysiak_

Apr 1, 2009
Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite
Well, wife already updated (we both have the A3). We're still locked (bootloader's), and I see Xiaomi is "WORKING FEVERISHLY" to rectify (Ha!).

My question is, is the consensus here of a hard/factory reset would correct this?
Hard reset will hardly help, the issue is related to incorrect ROM. You can either unlock bootloader (this will do a factory reset), flash the right ROM and relock the bootloader. Or just wait for the fix from Xiaomi, they will hopefully release it shortly.

thearif

Feb 27, 2008
It is fixed now with a new update... Stupid mistake on Xiaomi's part but at least they are quick to fix it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

V11.0.3.0.QFQMXTC (not QFQMIXM one) is rolling out to the Mi A3 global users.

There was a serious bug in the latest update, so DO NOT UPDATE!!
    #WARNING #ALERT #READ

This a warning to everyone who's using the stock ROM here: do NOT update your device to the latest build that shipped via OTA.

Apparently Xiaomeme has rolled out an incorrect build for our device. After flashing, it splashes "Telcel" logo (which is a Mexican carrier), and only SIM1 seems to work post update. If you see any updates, just ignore and do NOT flash.
    I have switched to MIUI 12 few days ago ?? Am safe. BTW it's (Xiaomeme stock rom) the worst rom I ever used ?
    I have switched to MIUI 12 few days ago Am safe. BTW it's (Xiaomeme stock rom) the worst rom I ever used
    You probably don't realize the irony in that - "mocking" Xiaomi for stock Android and at the same time be proud in using their heavily modified Android OS (MIUI).