XAP size limit in Nodo

Search This thread

tom_codon

Sep 29, 2006
www.tom-codon.tk
Hi guys !

Anyone noticed XAP size litmit in Nodo ?

For 7004,7008 jailbreaked we can install xap with any size , but in nodo we can't not install xap more than 75-80 mb , anyone found way change the litmit of xap size in nodo ?

Tom

Reactions: itsraining2008

domineus

Jun 16, 2007
Xiaomi Mix Fold 2
Xiaomi Mix Fold 3
Hi guys !

For 7004,7008 jailbreaked we can install xap with any size , but in nodo we can't not install xap more than 75-80 mb , anyone found way change the litmit of xap size in nodo ?

Tom

THIS I HAVE NOTICED TOO
I tried to install a game my friend was developing on 3 devices and no dice. I thought it was a registry setting but evidently no.

Is there a registry edit to regulate app size?

diboze

Jun 2, 2009
yeah i noticed it too

for these big xaps, i just install them with a smaller size and then install the big files with touchxperience or another phone->file-manager

diboze

Jun 2, 2009
ok :p

First I extract the .xap into a folder. Next thing is to open the xap and remove the large files and look which guid the app has in the manifest.xml .
Install .xap . Now we use TouchXperience or Advanced Eplorer to copy the files into Applications/Data/guid/* and voila. extra-big-xap is installed ;)

Reactions: rhn and Ireas

toothfish

Jan 5, 2011
Man... this question was asked by me before already ... i guess i wasnt specific enough on my title ><

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1020532

and i also checked the folder structure...

it seems the file was deployed to Application/install/GUID/Install
well thats where i found the deployed files

AND IM HAPPY TO SAY IT TOTALLY WORKS!! YAYYYY THANKS FOR DISCOVERING THIS METHOD!!!

Last edited:

diboze

Jun 2, 2009
If the game only has 1 big file, you can use the usb trick for windows, your files will be then in my document / zune /content / ...

itsraining2008

Oct 24, 2009
Muse
I cause that problem too, but when I tried installed 2 files (with small file size) in same times that working :D
but i fail the method delete big file in xap and installed :(
by the way I don't found XDA app for WP7. I search for a week and my eye nearly blind :) thanks

yay... I success install big xap to my phone. method delete big file is working but copy file to phone is need to wait for age :D

Last edited:

TheOnly1

Dec 25, 2006
Sofia
I used Dev Tools with this program. I deployed Guitar Hero 5 (212 MB) as a test and it worked. The Harvest also gave me no problems.

Edit: Now I tried it again and got a timeout error. Then I launched Windows Phone Device Manager 1.2 and deployed again with Homebrew Marketplace and in worked. Weird :)

Edit 2: My desktop OS is Windows 7.

Last edited:

toothfish

Jan 5, 2011
This method is if everything fails (quite tedious).... it worked for me every time so far

You need:
- Unlocked phone
- TouchXperience (Windows Phone Device manager) or advanced explorer (So that you can transfer files from PC to Phone)

1. Make a copy of the .xap file (just in case u screw it up)
2. Open the .xap file with winrar
3. Extract everything into a New folder
3. Find the file "WMAppManifest.xml" - open it and check the "productID", record this number down
3. By using winrar, delete files inside the .xap file until you have around 20mb left of the .xap file (Make note of what you deleted it, i usually just delete the content folder)
4. Deploy the modified .xap file
5. Now by using Touchexperience, transfer the files u deleted into the following destination in ur phone: (Just in case u forget, you have already extracted all the files previously, so find the deleted files from there)

Applications\Install\"Product ID"\Install

(make sure the folder structures remain the same as it was in the .xap file)

6. And you are done

I hope i was clear with this!!~~

Last edited:
Reactions: diligentpig and rhn

bubbl3

Jul 24, 2010
Dublin
This method is if everything fails (quite tedious).... it worked for me every time so far

You need:
- Unlocked phone
- TouchXperience (Windows Phone Device manager) or advanced explorer (So that you can transfer files from PC to Phone)

3. Find the file "WMAppManifest.xml" - open it and check the "productID", record this number down
3. By using winrar, delete files inside the .xap file until you have around 20mb left of the .xap file (Make note of what you deleted it, i usually just delete the content folder)
5. Now by using Touchexperience, transfer the files u deleted into the following destination in ur phone: (Just in case u forget, you have already extracted all the files previously, so find the deleted files from there)

6. And you are done

Yes it would work if the file transfer wasn't so damn slow.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ok :p

First I extract the .xap into a folder. Next thing is to open the xap and remove the large files and look which guid the app has in the manifest.xml .
    Install .xap . Now we use TouchXperience or Advanced Eplorer to copy the files into Applications/Data/guid/* and voila. extra-big-xap is installed ;)

You need:
    - Unlocked phone

6. And you are done

Hi guys !

Tom