[Q] Should I buy the Skyrocket?

Search This thread

deezhemi

Apr 4, 2011
Atlanta
Sorry, I think all ur main points are wrong frankly.

1) Build quality and quality control of the skyrocket has been excellent so far

2) I have access to 4g and LTE everywhere I go in all of Ontario, and let me tell u for what I use my phone for, late makes a WORLd or difference, 4g isnt even in the same league. This us basically just ur opinion

3) better screen resolution? where'd u find this info? link please?

4) find benchmarks showing me that exynos slaps the S3 1.5, please. Cuz I guarantee u won't. Sure if all u do is run benchmarks all day, yeah ifs faster. but in real world use u won't even be able to notice the difference. I'll take a pentaband radio that I can use on any carrier over 5% not even noticeable performance increase.

5) again ur opinion, see second point

6) skyrocket HD is same phone, better screen... so I don't understand this one

7). HTC One X has no SD card slot for expandable storage and lacks a removable battery, HUGE turnoffs for me ans several other users here, plus its HTC, and it may or may not come with a locked boot loader. Our dev took off out of the box, becuz we had no obstacles. Sammy's are definately the best for custom stuff.

+1

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

xcrazydx

Feb 3, 2012
I have the Skyrocket and overall I think I made a mistake getting it.

** The skyrocket is a hastily put together phone. The plain SGS II is actually a better built phone. Even the Captivate was a much better built phone.

**The only reason for the Skyrocket hardware is to enable LTE for AT&T. The plain SGS II gives you 4G which should be more than enough, since LTE IS NOT AVAILABLE at most areas.

** The plain SGS II has far superior screen resolution.

** The exynos processor in plain SGS II even at 1.2 GHz is so much better.

** Unless you ABSOLUTELY want LTE, Skyrocket has not shattering advantage.

** The Skyrocket HD of course is a different question altogether.

** AND the HTC One X has the same specs as Skyrocket, with a HD screen and may be something to consider. Check this phone out too. http://www.mobilenapps.com/articles/1769/20120420/htc-one-x-release-date-att-may.htm#

Good luck !

ALL WRONG!!!! see below

2) I have access to 4g and LTE everywhere I go in all of Ontario, and let me tell u for what I use my phone for, late makes a WORLd or difference, 4g isnt even in the same league. This us basically just ur opinion

4) find benchmarks showing me that exynos slaps the S3 1.5, please. Cuz I guarantee u won't. Sure if all u do is run benchmarks all day, yeah ifs faster. but in real world use u won't even be able to notice the difference. I'll take a pentaband radio that I can use on any carrier over 5% not even noticeable performance increase.

7). HTC One X has no SD card slot for expandable storage and lacks a removable battery, HUGE turnoffs for me ans several other users here, plus its HTC, and it may or may not come with a locked boot loader. Our dev took off out of the box, becuz we had no obstacles. Sammy's are definately the best for custom stuff.

chappatti

Sep 3, 2007

Let me start with the more important matters. Here are some side by side comparison comments:

"Despite the extra gigahertz, the Exynos processor outperforms the competing Qualcomm dual-core chip…. the Snapdragon S3′s Adreno 220 is a major downgrade from the Mali-400 in the Exynos.

http://briefmobile.com/att-skyrocket-to-feature-snapdragon-s3-not-exynos-processor "

"hardcore gamers may miss the Mali-400 GPU inside of the AT&T Galaxy S II and other Samsung phones, most will be perfectly happy with the still powerful Adreno 220 inside the Snapdragon S3.

http://briefmobile.com/review-samsung-galaxy-s-ii-skyrocket-att "

" Cons
Extremely low resolution

No Exynos processor, unlike other Galaxy S II devices "

" In our speed tests, the Galaxy S II, although an “older” device by industry standards, ran out ahead thanks to its dual-core 1.2GHz Exynos processor. Even though the Skyrocket comes equipped with a 1.5GHz processor, the dual-core offering from Qualcomm isn’t quite as powerful.

http://www.technobuffalo.com/comparisons/galaxy-s-ii-vs-skyrocket-smartphone-smackdown-video/ "

2. If you are on AT&T, like me, you would realise that LTE is no big deal. For all the headache in NEW YORK CITY to keep a proper 4G, let alone LTE, is not a big reason to go with an "LTE" phone. With Rogers in Canada, you may a lot more lucky than us AT&T suckers. So its not just my opinion.

3. My wrong words. I should been more specific and said better graphics.......see above.

Even at 480 x 800, every review agrees that this is so low for phones nowadays......and as an upgrade this does not make sense.

4. See above on processor performance......

5. If the processor on SGS II and graphics are performing better, and LTE SUCKS on AT&T as an AT&T customer, why would you chose the SKR....I fell for that assuming LTE would be good. It makes no difference in NYC, NY state or Connecticut.

6. The Skyrocket HD is definite improvement on screen, so automatically is better than Skyrocket. So what's the argument there.

7. For HTC One X, I said specifically, "with a HD screen and may be something to consider". If you are comparison shopping, other brands besides Samsng are out there with similar specs (hardware).

This business of SD card, and battery etc. is like the Asus Transformer vs Acer Iconia tablets. Iconia has built in USB, and other stuff, but Asus is so much more popular because of it CORE performance abilities. This also is easily verified on Google....

To get carried away by sexy "specs" alone is not often the best way......

EDIT: Oh yeah, another effect of the hardware shift is Skyrocket has poorer GPS than SGS II. It is not a deal breaker, but is definitely a negative.

THE WHOLE REASON FOR THE SKYROCKET ON AT&T IS FOR AT&T TO PUSH ITS LTE. The SGS II hardware is NOT compatible with LTE, so they had to switch to Qualcomm.......BUT TO MAKE IT LOOK A LITTLE DIFFERENT THEY USED 1.5 GHz processor.

C'mon folks, IN THE USA, this phone was not INDEPENDENTLY conceived by Samsung. It was made SPECIFICALLY for AT&T. AND to keep one step ahead of T-mobile's version.

Last edited:

kr3w1337

Jan 7, 2009
Why would you buy a phone that's a year old anyways?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

icenight89

Dec 18, 2010
Let me start with the more important matters. Here are some side by side comparison comments:

"Despite the extra gigahertz, the Exynos processor outperforms the competing Qualcomm dual-core chip…. the Snapdragon S3′s Adreno 220 is a major downgrade from the Mali-400 in the Exynos.

http://briefmobile.com/att-skyrocket-to-feature-snapdragon-s3-not-exynos-processor "

"hardcore gamers may miss the Mali-400 GPU inside of the AT&T Galaxy S II and other Samsung phones, most will be perfectly happy with the still powerful Adreno 220 inside the Snapdragon S3.

http://briefmobile.com/review-samsung-galaxy-s-ii-skyrocket-att "

" Cons
Extremely low resolution

No Exynos processor, unlike other Galaxy S II devices "

" In our speed tests, the Galaxy S II, although an “older” device by industry standards, ran out ahead thanks to its dual-core 1.2GHz Exynos processor. Even though the Skyrocket comes equipped with a 1.5GHz processor, the dual-core offering from Qualcomm isn’t quite as powerful.

http://www.technobuffalo.com/comparisons/galaxy-s-ii-vs-skyrocket-smartphone-smackdown-video/ "

2. If you are on AT&T, like me, you would realise that LTE is no big deal. For all the headache in NEW YORK CITY to keep a proper 4G, let alone LTE, is not a big reason to go with an "LTE" phone. With Rogers in Canada, you may a lot more lucky than us AT&T suckers. So its not just my opinion.

3. My wrong words. I should been more specific and said better graphics.......see above.

Even at 480 x 800, every review agrees that this is so low for phones nowadays......and as an upgrade this does not make sense.

4. See above on processor performance......

5. If the processor on SGS II and graphics are performing better, and LTE SUCKS on AT&T as an AT&T customer, why would you chose the SKR....I fell for that assuming LTE would be good. It makes no difference in NYC, NY state or Connecticut.

6. The Skyrocket HD is definite improvement on screen, so automatically is better than Skyrocket. So what's the argument there.

7. For HTC One X, I said specifically, "with a HD screen and may be something to consider". If you are comparison shopping, other brands besides Samsng are out there with similar specs (hardware).

This business of SD card, and battery etc. is like the Asus Transformer vs Acer Iconia tablets. Iconia has built in USB, and other stuff, but Asus is so much more popular because of it CORE performance abilities. This also is easily verified on Google....

To get carried away by sexy "specs" alone is not often the best way......

EDIT: Oh yeah, another effect of the hardware shift is Skyrocket has poorer GPS than SGS II. It is not a deal breaker, but is definitely a negative.

THE WHOLE REASON FOR THE SKYROCKET ON AT&T IS FOR AT&T TO PUSH ITS LTE. The SGS II hardware is NOT compatible with LTE, so they had to switch to Qualcomm.......BUT TO MAKE IT LOOK A LITTLE DIFFERENT THEY USED 1.5 GHz processor.

Alright, let's rebutle your main points.

1.) I don't know where that site gots its information, but look here:
http://nena.se/nenamark/view?version=2

These are user submitted through the application. The adreno 225 and 220 stomp on everything, including the Mali-400. Please also remember that these benchmarks are run WHILE the gpu is constantly upscaling and rendering at a higher resolution.

Just to drive this point home, here is a link of video game rendering on a adren 220:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBBMVc9-fuk

Here are actual proof benchmarks:
http://www.phonearena.com/news/Samsung-Galaxy-S-II-Skyrocket-benchmark-tests_id23514

I did say that the exynos was faster, but i also challenged you to find proof that the exynos slaps the S3, meaning significantly faster... you did not.

2.) This point is irrelevant, as it is, yet again, personal experience. Several users in this forum have posted INSANE speeds from Texas, Florida, and the like.

3.) See Above

4.) See Point 1

5.) Again this is area specific to you. Unfortunate, but true.

6.) I agreed with you on this point, but you made it seem like the build quality on the skyrocket was garbage and the hd was going to be so much better? The only difference is the screen.

7.) But that's exactly my point, which you so graciously stated. All the things i named have nothing to do with CORE SPECS, which are nearly identical. The screen may be HD, but not enough of a bump up to excuse all the other flaws. What if someone needs more than 16gb of internal storage? Or is a very heavy user and burns out the battery in 6 months? Pay for a repair? Why, when you can simply remove the back cover and slap a new one in.

As for your last add-in, that's incorrect, im sorry. They chose the Qualcomm SOC not because they wanted to look different and havea "1.5", but because it was the fastest one at the time that supported LTE. They surmissed, and rightly so, that the slight loss (only measurable by synthetic benchmarks) in cpu performance was worth the gain in mobile data speeds.

It was not carrier specific, it was a strategic move by Samsung. Even now we are still waiting for a exynos LTE chipset, and it has been what, roughly 6 months since the skyrocket release? It was very successful and well received, enter the galaxy note.

Last edited:
Reactions: uhhdoug

tomtommy306

Jun 23, 2009
Round Rock TEXAS
Since everyone has a take on this, here's my thoughts...

I bought the skyrocket only because they didn't have the i777 in stock. I knew the exynos was a better all around chip, and I liked the build of the i777 better.

I had to purchase in store because I used my wifes upgrade, so I was limited at what I could do.

Now that I have the skyrocket, I'm pretty happy overall with it.

There are a lot of things I would have rather had from it. Number one was the feel of the phone is a little cheap to me. It is a fairly sturdy phone, but it doesn't feel like that to me in the hand. Secondly is the exclusion of major development like CM or MiUi. Those were the main reasons I wanted the i777 to begin with.

All of this being said.... I get an upgrade again in a few months and already have plans to move on to something else. I may keep or sell my 727 but it has been a decent phone to toy with. I missed cm7 and now I have cm9 on an aria thats much older and would have liked to see it as well on the rocket.

So in the end I'll call it like I see it: The Skyrocket is the stepkid of the galaxy s II series and in being such has suffered in numerous ways.

These are all my opinions and should only be viewed in that way. Sorry for the EXTRA long post..... needed to vent.

chompy630

Apr 10, 2012
Honestly if I was you I would just wait for the galaxy s3 they are unveiling it soon from what I've read and it should be a better phone overall.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA

chappatti

Sep 3, 2007
Alright, let's rebutle your main points.

1.) I don't know where that site gots its information, but look here:
http://nena.se/nenamark/view?version=2

These are user submitted through the application. The adreno 225 and 220 stomp on everything, including the Mali-400. Please also remember that these benchmarks are run WHILE the gpu is constantly upscaling and rendering at a higher resolution.

Just to drive this point home, here is a link of video game rendering on a adren 220:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBBMVc9-fuk

Here are actual proof benchmarks:
http://www.phonearena.com/news/Samsung-Galaxy-S-II-Skyrocket-benchmark-tests_id23514

I did say that the exynos was faster, but i also challenged you to find proof that the exynos slaps the S3, meaning significantly faster... you did not.

Ok...since people like numbers: Here is a direct quote from the website in the above rebuttal: From http://www.phonearena.com/news/Samsung-Galaxy-S-II-Skyrocket-benchmark-tests_id23514

"However, we do notice that it’s only a notch down from the performance that’s exhibited by the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S II – though, it’s negligible."

Simply put: 1.5Ghz Snapdragon = 1.2 Ghz Exynos right?

Huh? :)

The defense rests its case !

Last edited:
N

nrm5110

My lte spanks the dog crap out of the 3.5g bahaha I've been as high as 40mb in Indianapolis guys "Indianapolis" come on the red headed stepchild state aside from maine

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

icenight89

Dec 18, 2010
And from both my original post and the one u JUST quoted, I succeeded that, I never claimed snapdragon to be faster. Quite the contrary, I did state exynos to be faster. I challenged u to prove it was significantly so, and u could not. My point was that the difference was negligable.

As for your lack of a rebutle for the rest of my arguments, and i guess u admit defeat? U are of course entitled to your opinion, but the majority votes in my favour my friend.

*#* Google dropbox, its useful.
https://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTcwNDE0ODUyOQ *#*

chappatti

Sep 3, 2007
And from both my original post and the one u JUST quoted, I succeeded that, I never claimed snapdragon to be faster. Quite the contrary, I did state exynos to be faster. I challenged u to prove it was significantly so, and u could not. My point was that the difference was negligable.

As for your lack of a rebutle for the rest of my arguments, and i guess u admit defeat? U are of course entitled to your opinion, but the majority votes in my favour my friend.

Admit defeat? NOOOOO way...:D

Firstly, let's face it, based on processor and graphics this is not a compelling reason to pay EXTRA for the "same" phones, right? So based on this criteria I should chose the SGS II and save a good amount of money. That we have agreed on..though indirectly. Even for the SGS II, is 480x800 really a resolution to go with ? F%%K, man, those days should have gone long ago.

So you say I should get the phone ONLY for LTE.....?????

Other things:

** Here is tomtommy306 quote from this thread:

"Number one was the feel of the phone is a little cheap to me. It is a fairly sturdy phone, but it doesn't feel like that to me"

When I first got the phone, I was seriously pissed that the back case "door" was a thin piece of plastic that has no locking mechanism. This is like a toy from toys'rus that I would get the kids. I have to use my finger nail to pull it up, and man I get scared it will just rip if I pull too hard. What the f%^&k, I say. I mean, the poor old Captivate is so much better in this regard.

HERE IS Endgadget's opinion: "and we felt right at home with the Skyrocket, with only one major exception: its battery cover is as smooth as a baby's cheek, making it incredibly slippery in our hands. We appreciate the textured back found on the other phones in the series because they add just enough friction to keep the device from getting dropped."

The SGS II has at least the textured cover.........

What are they going to gives us next? Saran Wrap? :rolleyes:

I maintain the build is not what I and lot of people expected from a supposedly "advanced" phone

** GPS function on Skyrocket decreases with the Qualcomm set up.....look it up on Google. I am tired of re-searching. I AM NOT SAYING IT SUCKS, it is pretty darn good, but has lost some performance.

** AUDIO chip: This is another sucky thing. OF course, SGS II is just as ****ty we the damn Yamaha chip. Going from Captivate to the Skyrocket they just dropped the ball.heavily, and on my foot. Ask Supercurio, the developer of Voodoo. I mean, the chip is probably not worth his time to develop anything.

HERE is Endgadget again: "As music player, Galaxy S II performance can be described as:

Average for a smartphone.
Below average for a high end smartphone.

Yamaha’s MC-1N2 codec has some nice theoretical specs, but the promised sound fidelity turns into a boring rendering affected by several outstanding issues, relegating Samsung flagship far from the audiophile category. Worse: only some of those issues can be remedied by using additional equipment like an attenuator or an active headphone amplifier."

** Why the heck are we getting screwed like this.....AND for this much more money? JUST FOR LTE ???????? What about the thousands of places where LTE is not enabled??

HERE'S MY FINAL TAKE: WITHOUT LTE, I CAN BE JUST AS HAPPY OR UNHAPPY WITH THE PLAIN SGS II. At least, its graphics will be better, and cost much less !!!!!

This thing is getting me heated up.....:( I am overall generally pissed that the Skyrocket is NOT soooooo much better than the previous version, - I MEAN IT BARELY SQUEEKS BY - that I should have gone and run to get it. With the new stuff coming from Sammy, THIS PHONE IS ONLY A "STOP-GAP COOK UP" TO SATISFY AT&T'S LTE needs. AT&T were so far behind on LTE, that this was the best Sammy could come up with, and we got stuck with it.

I'll say it again...between SGS II and Skyrocket WITHOUT LTE, THE SKYROCKET BARELY SQUEEKS BY....Do you feel happy about that??

GEEZ !!!

EDIT: This is not a personal rant against any member, just a philosophical argument !

EDIT AGAIN: To answer the OP, NO DO NOT BUY THE SKYROCKET.....WAIT FOR HE NEXT OFFERING FROM SAMMY. It will be more along what we expect from Sammy.

EDIT AGAIN AND AGAIN: AND now I have a headache....!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

icenight89

Dec 18, 2010
Admit defeat? NOOOOO way...:D

Firstly, let's face it, based on processor and graphics this is not a compelling reason to pay EXTRA for the "same" phones, right? So based on this criteria I should chose the SGS II and save a good amount of money. That we have agreed on..though indirectly. Even for the SGS II, is 480x800 really a resolution to go with ? F%%K, man, those days should have gone long ago.

So you say I should get the phone ONLY for LTE.....?????

Other things:

** Here is tomtommy306 quote from this thread:

"Number one was the feel of the phone is a little cheap to me. It is a fairly sturdy phone, but it doesn't feel like that to me"

When I first got the phone, I was seriously pissed that the back case "door" was a thin piece of plastic that has no locking mechanism. This is like a toy from toys'rus that I would get the kids. I have to use my finger nail to pull it up, and man I get scared it will just rip if I pull too hard. What the f%^&k, I say. I mean, the poor old Captivate is so much better in this regard.

HERE IS Endgadget's opinion: "and we felt right at home with the Skyrocket, with only one major exception: its battery cover is as smooth as a baby's cheek, making it incredibly slippery in our hands. We appreciate the textured back found on the other phones in the series because they add just enough friction to keep the device from getting dropped."

The SGS II has at least the textured cover.........

What are they going to gives us next? Saran Wrap? :rolleyes:

I maintain the build is not what I and lot of people expected from a supposedly "advanced" phone

** GPS function on Skyrocket decreases with the Qualcomm set up.....look it up on Google. I am tired of re-searching. I AM NOT SAYING IT SUCKS, it is pretty darn good, but has lost some performance.

** AUDIO chip: This is another sucky thing. OF course, SGS II is just as ****ty we the damn Yamaha chip. Going from Captivate to the Skyrocket they just dropped the ball.heavily, and on my foot. Ask Supercurio, the developer of Voodoo. I mean, the chip is probably not worth his time to develop anything.

HERE is Endgadget again: "As music player, Galaxy S II performance can be described as:

Average for a smartphone.
Below average for a high end smartphone.

Yamaha’s MC-1N2 codec has some nice theoretical specs, but the promised sound fidelity turns into a boring rendering affected by several outstanding issues, relegating Samsung flagship far from the audiophile category. Worse: only some of those issues can be remedied by using additional equipment like an attenuator or an active headphone amplifier."

** Why the heck are we getting screwed like this.....AND for this much more money? JUST FOR LTE ???????? What about the thousands of places where LTE is not enabled??

HERE'S MY FINAL TAKE: WITHOUT LTE, I CAN BE JUST AS HAPPY OR UNHAPPY WITH THE PLAIN SGS II. At least, its graphics will be better, and cost much less !!!!!

This thing is getting me heated up.....:( I am overall generally pissed that the Skyrocket is NOT soooooo much better than the previous version, - I MEAN IT BARELY SQUEEKS BY - that I should have gone and run to get it. With the new stuff coming from Sammy, THIS PHONE IS ONLY A "STOP-GAP COOK UP" TO SATISFY AT&T'S LTE needs. AT&T were so far behind on LTE, that this was the best Sammy could come up with, and we got stuck with it.

I'll say it again...between SGS II and Skyrocket WITHOUT LTE, THE SKYROCKET BARELY SQUEEKS BY....Do you feel happy about that??

GEEZ !!!

EDIT: This is not a personal rant against any member, just a philosophical argument !

EDIT AGAIN: To answer the OP, NO DO NOT BUY THE SKYROCKET.....WAIT FOR HE NEXT OFFERING FROM SAMMY. It will be more along what we expect from Sammy.

EDIT AGAIN AND AGAIN: AND now I have a headache....!!!!!!!!!!!

I have the phone in a case, so the smoot back doesn't affect me, but I can see what u mean by it possibly posing an issue.

I still disagree with build quality, when clasped in, the battery cover s solid and almost feels like one piece.

GPS on STOCK skyrocket AND gs2 is crap at best. Not so much a hardware issue as a software one. AGPS path fixe this problem.

I will also agree that the audio on both phones is crap. This is a known issue.

As I again state, your gpu isn't as good as ours, my benchmarks proved it. This will only become more obvious when an official Inc is released for our phone.

Let it be know that on some level, I understand that the skyrocket was released to fill a gap. Exynos LTE still hasn't been released, and the skyrocket has been out for months. But, the open NEVER posted a question about migration from s2 to skyrocket, it was atrix > skyrocket.

My advice, if want LTE and see none of the points of disagreement between myself and chappati an issue, get a skyrocket. If u do, wait for the S3, guaranteed to be bad ass.

Last edited:
Reactions: chappatti

chappatti

Sep 3, 2007
I have the phone in a case, so the smoot back doesn't affect me, but I can see what u mean by it possibly posing an issue.

I still disagree with build quality, when clasped in, the battery cover s solid and almost feels like one piece.

GPS on STOCK skyrocket AND gs2 is crap at best. Not so much a hardware issue as a software one. AGPS path fixe this problem.

I will also agree that the audio on both phones is crap. This is a known issue.

As I again state, your gpu isn't as good as ours, my benchmarks proved it. This will only become more obvious when an official Inc is released for our phone.

Let it be know that on some level, I understand that the skyrocket was released to fill a gap. Exynos LTE still hasn't been released, and the skyrocket has been out for months. But, the open NEVER posted a question about migration from s2 to skyrocket, it was atrix > skyrocket.

My advice, if want LTE and see none of the points of disagreement between myself and chappati an issue, get a skyrocket. If u do, wait for the S3, guaranteed to be bad ass.

Hey, ice, it was fun man !! :D:D Please don't take anything personal.....Big props to you for sticking with the debate. It was very informative for me, and I hope others will take some info from it.

FOR THE RECORD: I HAVE THE SKYROCKET, TOO, in white !! :D:D

Happy xda-ing !!

Reactions: icenight89

icenight89

Dec 18, 2010
Hey, ice, it was fun man !! :D:D Please don't take anything personal.....Big props to you for sticking with the debate. It was very informative for me, and I hope others will take some info from it.

FOR THE RECORD: I HAVE THE SKYROCKET, TOO, in white !! :D:D

Happy xda-ing !!

Dude, no worries! :D. I didn't take any of it as a personal attack, and I'm glad u didn't either. Its great to see someone else on these forums capable of having a discussion and sticking to it, focusing on arguments and points of contrast, rather than stooping to an online verbal pissing match.

I knew all along u had a skyrocket, from other posts you've made lol. After being here for awhile, u remember the more prominent members.

N

nrm5110

Dude, no worries! :D. I didn't take any of it as a personal attack, and I'm glad u didn't either. Its great to see someone else on these forums capable of having a discussion and sticking to it, focusing on arguments and points of contrast, rather than stooping to an online verbal pissing match.

I knew all along u had a skyrocket, from other posts you've made lol. After being here for awhile, u remember the more prominent members.

Hey winning pissing matches is an art bro lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

RubAnADUB

Sep 14, 2007
Fort Worth, TX.
Bro, I had the motorola atrix. its crap compared to the skyrocket.

I have a Motorola Atrix right now and was looking to buy the Skyrocket. I had the Samsung Captivate and really loved Samsung's Android devices.

Some questions I have about the phone:
-The Galaxy Nexus has a 720p screen, since the Skyrocket only has a WVGA screen, does that mean less icons on the screen?

-We don't have LTE in Seattle yet, but how is the battery life while on HSPA? And how is it on LTE?

-Since the processor that is in the Galaxy S II isn't compatible with LTE, is Qualcomm's dual-core as fast and smooth?

-Is the camera take good pictures, and is the video quality good?

Thanks for those who help! :)

vincom

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 5, 2011
GB
meettomy.site
just got my sg2 lte today on for rogers network, got it from costco, price $79.99 +13% tax= $90.39 , i get $100.00 in gift cards which can b used towards buying phone, meaning they give me almost $10 to get the phone.

regarding gps, i get a lock almost instantly (2sec) in my house with wifi and data turned off.
regarding screen, my son has sg2 non lte, side by side there us no diff except mine screen is bigger, he paid over 130 over 6months ago, i get 10 bucks in my pocket

regarding speed, mine is a little faster than my son's sg2 non lte phone

i could of waited for sg3, but would have to wait who knows how long for a canadian carrier to get it and then pay easily between $150-200 + %13 tax to get it . so for me a nobrainer in getting this phone.

we can always wait for a better advanced phone, but with technology, as soon as u buy it its outdated the next day

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have a Motorola Atrix right now and was looking to buy the Skyrocket. I had the Samsung Captivate and really loved Samsung's Android devices.

Some questions I have about the phone:
    -The Galaxy Nexus has a 720p screen, since the Skyrocket only has a WVGA screen, does that mean less icons on the screen?

-We don't have LTE in Seattle yet, but how is the battery life while on HSPA? And how is it on LTE?

-Since the processor that is in the Galaxy S II isn't compatible with LTE, is Qualcomm's dual-core as fast and smooth?

-Is the camera take good pictures, and is the video quality good?

Thanks for those who help! :)

Okay... Nexus is junk...next
    I get 24-28+ hours on my LTE..
    Snapdragon is more than capable for anybody's needs.. if all you want to do is do benchmarks, quadrants and play games all day.. Exynos is better. But we are in the real world so....
    Camera is awesome.. this phone is awesome.. buy the phone and have fun.
    I have the Skyrocket and overall I think I made a mistake getting it.

** The skyrocket is a hastily put together phone. The plain SGS II is actually a better built phone. Even the Captivate was a much better built phone.

**The only reason for the Skyrocket hardware is to enable LTE for AT&T. The plain SGS II gives you 4G which should be more than enough, since LTE IS NOT AVAILABLE at most areas.

** The plain SGS II has far superior screen resolution.

** The exynos processor in plain SGS II even at 1.2 GHz is so much better.

** Unless you ABSOLUTELY want LTE, Skyrocket has not shattering advantage.

** The Skyrocket HD of course is a different question altogether.

** AND the HTC One X has the same specs as Skyrocket, with a HD screen and may be something to consider. Check this phone out too. http://www.mobilenapps.com/articles/1769/20120420/htc-one-x-release-date-att-may.htm#

Good luck !

Okay... Nexus is junk...next
    I get 24-28+ hours on my LTE..
    Snapdragon is more than capable for anybody's needs.. if all you want to do is do benchmarks, quadrants and play games all day.. Exynos is better. But we are in the real world so....
    Camera is awesome.. this phone is awesome.. buy the phone and have fun.

Perfect, the short but to the point answers.

Thanks so much! :D
    Hell yes you should buy it chubby skunk

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA App
    Oops sorry how do I delete that?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA App