Upgrading and New Phone One Stop Shop and discussion

Search This thread

MДЯCЦSДИT

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 21, 2010
Personally, I could care less how my phone looks. I just care how productive i am with it.
----------------------------------------

In regards to the screen. If we can load voodoo and tweak the screen to improve just about every aspect of it, are the engineers at samsung that inept they can't do the same thing? They sell tv's for god's sake where you can tweak just about every possible setting to dial in the picture, but the phones leave the warehouse with unflattering settings that are only fixed by rooting and using voodoo. It's just baffling at this point of the game it takes rooting to properly calibrate a screen, and a phone with two year old tech can look better than a new one due to said calibration.

I hate voodoo color

Sent from my Samsung Epic 4G using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: dohturdima

MДЯCЦSДИT

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 21, 2010
it's stock settings or the concept of it? Because the app itself just shows it's possible to calibrate the screens and that stock isn't optimal even if voodoo's settings aren't optimal. It'd be nice just to have normal control over gamma and temp.

I dont care how I can tweak it. The blacks still look like crap and it is not vibrant.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

KennyG123

Senior Moderator / Mod Committee / Spider-Mod
Staff member
Nov 1, 2010
Right behind you!
I dont care how I can tweak it. The blacks still look like crap and it is not vibrant.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Didn't you make a thread all about the best settings for voodoo?:confused:

Maybe Marcusant took a hypocritical oath.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium

Last edited:
Reactions: jbadboy2007

BubZX

Jul 5, 2011
Well with a phone call to sprint and politley asking if ii could get my upgrade moved from september 1st to now, I will be moving to the GS3 tomorrow :)
I told them that my local at&t store was running a buy out this weekend and that I was thinking of going and checking it out so I could maybe jump on the GS3 thru them and after a little talking and one transfer to retentions they gladly moved my upgrade for me. Just gotta be nice and they will work for u to stay at sprint.
Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

Reactions: Speedin07si

BubZX

Jul 5, 2011
Just picked a 16gig GS3 at Wal-Mart for $148. Wow this thing is super fast and smooth!!

BubZX

Jul 5, 2011
Ain't it. I love this thing. It's a really nice device with a lot of refinements and the radio is pretty good to.

Here's a screening of a speed test. My epic never got even close at the same spot.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1341678814071.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1341678814071.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 209

xjayman

Sep 2, 2010
Sprint is offering 100 american express card with phones for new line of service. Tried to get it on an upgrade but no dice. I did find it funny that sprint sells almost all versions of iphones with a preowned option, thats allot of iphone assholes jumping ship it would appear.

Last edited:

hayzooos

Mar 10, 2011
Illinois
Because the we are accessing internal storage on these phones there is no USB mass storage mode so there is mtp its the way windows mounts the storage to transfer files as a portable device. It's really not that bad just new.

Thanked ;). So I'm assuming it's still pretty easy to transfer files from a PC to your phone through a USB cable? I don't care if it's different, I just hope I can still plug my phone into my laptop and move files!

jbadboy2007

Sep 22, 2010
Lansing MI
Thanked ;). So I'm assuming it's still pretty easy to transfer files from a PC to your phone through a USB cable? I don't care if it's different, I just hope I can still plug my phone into my laptop and move files!

Yes it's easy. I had to install kies first for the driver then you can uninstall it evolte is the same way as well.

Reactions: hayzooos

Top Liked Posts