tablet no longer seeing media on sdcard

Search This thread

lohtse

Apr 1, 2009
Where ever they send Me!!
As the title says...

for some reason my p3110 has stopped seeing photos and mp3s on the physical sd card...

can browse to the directory of mp3s and play them and quickpic sees photos fine(just not stck app)... If I move mp3s to internal tabs sees them just for some damned reason not on sdcard!!!

Have reformated the card and tried another card and still no joy...

on stock rom rooted and modified with agni kernel...

worked fine till yesterday.

bobkrum

May 24, 2009
As the title says...

for some reason my p3110 has stopped seeing photos and mp3s on the physical sd card...

can browse to the directory of mp3s and play them and quickpic sees photos fine(just not stck app)... If I move mp3s to internal tabs sees them just for some damned reason not on sdcard!!!

Have reformated the card and tried another card and still no joy...

on stock rom rooted and modified with agni kernel...

worked fine till yesterday.

About 6 months after I bought mine GT-P3113, it stopped reading the SD card (PNY) for no apparent reason, not just photos or music, any files. I could still read the card on my PC (Windows Vista). I backed up the files and reformatted the SD card (32 GB). The Tab 2.0 would not read that card even after reformatting. I copied the files to a new disk (Sandisk), and haven't had problems in over two years. I never modified the Stock ROM however. I recall reading complaints of spontaneous SD cards problems with Samsung products. My wife has a Galaxy Tab 3, and I have had a Galaxy S3 phone for around 2 years without any SD card problems. What I did learn from the experience was to back up the Tablet/Phone periodically. I do so about every month.

The only thing I can think of for the music and photos problem is that the apps need to "refresh" somehow.

lohtse

Apr 1, 2009
Where ever they send Me!!
About 6 months after I bought mine GT-P3113, it stopped reading the SD card (PNY) for no apparent reason, not just photos or music, any files. I could still read the card on my PC (Windows Vista). I backed up the files and reformatted the SD card (32 GB). The Tab 2.0 would not read that card even after reformatting. I copied the files to a new disk (Sandisk), and haven't had problems in over two years. I never modified the Stock ROM however. I recall reading complaints of spontaneous SD cards problems with Samsung products. My wife has a Galaxy Tab 3, and I have had a Galaxy S3 phone for around 2 years without any SD card problems. What I did learn from the experience was to back up the Tablet/Phone periodically. I do so about every month.

The only thing I can think of for the music and photos problem is that the apps need to "refresh" somehow.

I ALWAYS do back ups..All of my devices auto back up twice a week..

I agree with the refresh issue... But seem's no way to do it...Tried a few appsa on market but none work.

bobkrum

May 24, 2009
I ALWAYS do back ups..All of my devices auto back up twice a week..

I agree with the refresh issue... But seem's no way to do it...Tried a few appsa on market but none work.

I found this solution. Practical if it is discovering a new directory, not if you need to do it for every new file.

How to refresh the gallery in Android
Posted on December 22, 2012

I was facing a problem on my Samsung Galaxy S2 where the gallery was not showing the photos that were present in a certain folder. While trying to share some pics on Whatsapp I realized if Gallery cannot see them, you cannot share them. Well now I had to figure out what can be done.

While searching the net I found out the following steps to work properly for me.

Go to settings – apps – gallery
Clear cache, clear data, force close

Go to settings – apps – media storage
Clear cache, clear data, force close

Hard reset (cold boot) this will not delete any data

Next time you open Gallery it may not contain anything, but give it a minute while the system is still scanning the device & you will find that only the folders you want to be visible, are visible.

This has been quoted directly from this site

Props to janner43 for his solution / trick.

If you are not comfortable (or do not understand the steps) you might want to consult someone who knows more about Android or the reseller from whom you got your phone. I am not responsible in anyway if your device starts acting weird. Use at your own risk.

Shepguessed

Apr 9, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
I have had problems with photos too. I discovered that if I create new folders on the sdcard and copy the photos into the new folders I can see them. I know that it seems too easy but it has worked for me several times.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk