[index] Galaxy S4 mini i9195i

Which ROM is your i9195i currently running?

• Touchwiz 4.4

Votes: 12 20.7%
  • CM 11

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • CM 12.1

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • CM 13

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • LOS 14.1

Votes: 27 46.6%
  • LOS 15 (probably soon LOS 15.1)

Votes: 11 19.0%

• Total voters
Search This thread

DroidKing18

Jun 24, 2015
Johannesburg
Hi! This is an index and guide about the Samsung Galaxy S4 mini plus i9195i :)
Rooting guide:
I downloaded Kingroot and rooted it there (even though it said not supported, it still worked). I then downloaded Super me and let it do it's magic (delete Kingroot apps and install SuperSU apps). It takes about 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, you can get your refund from the Play Store.

Xposed guide:
I downloaded the Xposed installer, went to install/update, and it all went smoothly for me. Other users reported boot loop, but my phone was fine, so don't blame me if you get boot loop.

Custom Roms:
KitKat ROMS:
CyanogenMod 11

Lollipop ROMS:
CyanogenMod 12.1

Marshmallow ROMS:
CyanogenMod 13

Nougat ROMS:
LineageOS 14.1

Oreo ROMS:
LineageOS 15.1
dotOS 2.4
Resurrection Remix 6.0.0

Pie ROMS:
LineageOS 16
Pixel Experience
Credits to @Danil_e71 for the development on our device :)
As far as my testing went, all these ROM's are pretty stable and that includes LOS 16. This device is not my primary device though, so I don't test as well as I used to. LOS 16 doesn't seem to have any major bugs. (I didn't even find minor bugs either, but again, I don't test properly.). You need the latest TWRP to flash it though.

Custom Kernels:
Custom kernel by alexax66 for stock ROM 4.4
.zip file (v 0.1.7)(Flash via recovery)
.tar file(v 0.1.7)(Flash via odin)
(v 0.1.7) Disc image file
Source

It works well, normal features work and it seems to make the phone work faster. I found that all kernel features do work, while there are a few bugs (I've come across 2: the alarm clock doesn't work and I can't search for mobile networks/ put new apns in). To make sweep2sleep work, you must insert
Code:
su
echo 1 > /sys/sweep2sleep/sweep2sleep
into the terminal after adding code to the build prop (this worked for me, but after a reboot it stopped). I installed first via TWRP official and then via Odin. I'm not sure if you have to do it that way, but I can assure you that if you do do it that way, it will work.
I would not recommend this kernel, due to its instability, although I did used to use it daily.

Custom kernel for stock ROM 4.4 by Danil_e71
https://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3778847&d=1465586157
I could not get WiFi working on this kernel.

Custom kernel for CM 11 by Danil_e71
https://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3778501&d=1465562842
Overclocks to 1.4 Ghz, and works well.

Custom Recoveries:
I am only listing the most recent versions:

CWM
flash via recovery (v 6.0.5.1) by @alexax66
flash via odin (v 6.0.5.1) by @alexax66
Disc image file (v 6.0.5.1) by @alexax66

Philz
flash via odin (v 6.59.0) by @alexax66
flash via recovery (v 6.59.0) by @alexax66
Source

TWRP
flash via recovery (v 3.1.0-0) by @Danil_e71

Stock ROM:
Here

Stock Kernel:
Latest stock kernel (Disc image file)

Stock Recovery:
Stock recovery (Disc image file)

Last edited:
G

GuestD2690

Anyone else tryed this metod and can confirm that them devices is rooted ? :)

yeah I just rooted my device by installing the linked KingRoot apk. It failed the first try but I tried a second time and now it works :)
I don't have custom recovery, nor kernel nor Xposed framework yet though.

Last edited:

exzemat

Sep 16, 2013
Stagefright-Official Rom

Hello,
just to say that I upgrade (odin flash) to last Official rom yesterday, find on sammobile:

Model GT-I9195I
Model name GALAXY S4 mini LTE
Country Netherlands
Version Android 4.4.4
Changelist 5332500
Build date Mon, 11 Jan 2016 11:42:16 +0000
Product code PHN
PDA I9195IXXU1APA1
CSC I9195IPHN1APA1

good news : all Stagefright detector are green !

exzemat

Sep 16, 2013
What is Stagefright?

wikipêdia:
Stagefright is the collective name for a group of software bugs (or more specifically backdoors), that affect versions 2.2 ("Froyo") and newer of the Android operating system, allowing an attacker to perform arbitrary operations on the victim device through remote code execution and privilege escalation.[1] Security researchers demonstrate the bugs with a proof of concept that sends specially crafted MMS messages to the victim device and in most cases requires no end-user actions upon message reception to succeed, while using the phone number as the only target information.[2][3][4][5]

Reactions: LoScienzo

Bibabuzzel

May 26, 2015
Sorry, but I have a stupid question:
Can I use the Netherlands-version also on devices that are used in other countries / with other carriers?

Tonyco1

Nov 28, 2011
Sofia
www.tonyco.net
I use method described in the first post but with Super Sume v 9.1.9 and xposed installer from the first post and everything work like charm for the moment.

Jake285

Aug 12, 2010
I've done it via same route, it was bit of a hassle for trying to find information about this exact phone. Nice compilation here. Thumbs up.

jirkasirka

Jul 10, 2012
Hello,
just to say that I upgrade (odin flash) to last Official rom yesterday, find on sammobile:

Model GT-I9195I
Model name GALAXY S4 mini LTE
Country Netherlands
Version Android 4.4.4
Changelist 5332500
Build date Mon, 11 Jan 2016 11:42:16 +0000
Product code PHN
PDA I9195IXXU1APA1
CSC I9195IPHN1APA1

good news : all Stagefright detector are green !

Are there any noticable differences in this update?

DroidKing18

Jun 24, 2015
Johannesburg
I added a bunch of disc images of kernels and recoveries (no new releases :( ) I also added the newest stock kernel if anyone needs it. (Released 11 Jan 2016) :D Also, TWRP 3.0.0-0 is out for our device, links are there. Is anyone working on CM by the way?

Last edited:
Reactions: LoScienzo

nemuro

Apr 2, 2010
Anyone flashed any of the stock firmware in the original post?

Mine came with the stock firmware from another country, and I would like to flash the one for my country to see if the cell phone signal is any better.

Should I bother?

BTW, will doing that trip the knox meter?

OyyO

Aug 28, 2014
I tried to change Kingroot with SuperSUMe but can't do this, course can't brake Knox. I try to install SuperSU it also can't brake Knox. Wtf?
I need custom kernel without bugs for our i9195i.
I also can mention that the Rom for each country has special BB (baseband - drivers for radio module). But there is no any Rom for my country... So i have unstable signal...

---------- Post added at 05:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 PM ----------

How to disable Knox?

bartiest

Sep 30, 2009
Update: Got a custom ROM fully working (with small bus where and there). Check the first post :)

You've got a interesting thread here to stay up-to-date on info about our phone, but shouldn't you mention some credits to the guy(s) that found the cm11?
I think it's Chrisled2 talking about it on cyanogenmod-forum (i see he's active here also by the name of chrisled):
https://forum.cyanogenmod.org/topic/110203-gt-i9195i-supported/?page=2#comment-591554
There are mentions about problems with play store, and playing video files in browser.

But thanks again for keeping us up-to-date!
Could you maybe try and test the infrared-functions with the custom rom? I use it for my television and decoder.

Last edited:

DroidKing18

Jun 24, 2015
Johannesburg
You've got a interesting thread here to stay up-to-date on info about our phone, but shouldn't you mention some credits to the guy(s) that found the cm11?
I think it's Chrisled2 talking about it on cyanogenmod-forum (i see he's active here also by the name of chrisled):
https://forum.cyanogenmod.org/topic/110203-gt-i9195i-supported/?page=2#comment-591554
There are mentions about problems with play store, and playing video files in browser.

But thanks again for keeping us up-to-date!
Could you maybe try and test the infrared-functions with the custom rom? I use it for my television and decoder.
I thought OyyO found it first but I wasn't sure. I would've given creds to the devs but they don't seem to be on this site, if they are, tell me, but I've only seen them on 4pda, a Russian site. The truth is that I didn't test it enough to notice all the bugs. I lost a lot of interest when I found that I couldn't put Xposed on

Sent from my GT-I9195I using XDA-Developers mobile app

Top Liked Posts