Paying for some help

Search This thread

r0b126

May 12, 2011
I have a HTC Evo Design 4G from Sprint. It is GSM and CDMA capable. I bought an unlock code from some site that I am being told is useless because this phone is not designed to prompt for or accept an unlock code in any scenario.

I tried going through some steps using the htcdev app on the web page, but I have had no success in getting the phone to be truely unlocked. I have a SIM from AT&T that I would like to use with this phone.

I have the HTC drivers installed, the Android SDK, platform tools, and other tools installed, and I tried going through the steps on htcdev with no luck.

I am looking to send someone $15 USD via paypal for help getting this phone unlocked and working with the AT&T SIM card. The only thing I'm requiring in order to send payment is that I can make a call from my landline to this phone and it works with the AT&T SIM... that's it, not looking to try to install any new roms or make it do any fancy tricks.

PM or post if interested. Thanks.

Product F(RED)

Sep 6, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
I have a HTC Evo Design 4G from Sprint. It is GSM and CDMA capable. I bought an unlock code from some site that I am being told is useless because this phone is not designed to prompt for or accept an unlock code in any scenario.

I tried going through some steps using the htcdev app on the web page, but I have had no success in getting the phone to be truely unlocked. I have a SIM from AT&T that I would like to use with this phone.

I have the HTC drivers installed, the Android SDK, platform tools, and other tools installed, and I tried going through the steps on htcdev with no luck.

I am looking to send someone $15 USD via paypal for help getting this phone unlocked and working with the AT&T SIM card. The only thing I'm requiring in order to send payment is that I can make a call from my landline to this phone and it works with the AT&T SIM... that's it, not looking to try to install any new roms or make it do any fancy tricks.

PM or post if interested. Thanks.

A) The radio is programmed specifically to ignore any US GSM networks.

B) The "unlock" you saw on HTCDev refers to the bootloader, not the baseband (which is what holds the lock).

C) You'll likely never get it to work on any US GSM carrier.

r0b126

May 12, 2011
A) The radio is programmed specifically to ignore any US GSM networks.

B) The "unlock" you saw on HTCDev refers to the bootloader, not the baseband (which is what holds the lock).

C) You'll likely never get it to work on any US GSM carrier.

Does the phone have any resale value for any purpose? I started service with sprint specifically for the unlimited data and the 4G is great when it works, but it doesn't work in my office, or the clinic I provide IT support for. For this reason alone, the phone is useless to me. Would rather be back on AT&T's network, which I know works all over the town I live in.

All that said, I searched ebay for a bit to get an idea of the phone's value before I list it, but then I noticed a lot of people are selling them with "bad ESN" in the listing title. I'm not real sure what this is, but so far it seems to be a serial number or something Sprint might be using to keep track of the device so they can refuse service to anyone else if I didn't pay their early termination fee when I decided to cancel (which I didn't). I paid $160 for the phone/plan, then almost immediately paid another $88 bill I got 3 days later. So in less than a week I'd already shelled out $240+ and it didn't even work where I wanted it to. Am going to buy the HTC One X instead.

Does my Evo Design 4G have any resale value at all?