[Q] Soft-bricked, some help, please.

Search This thread

martis347

Hello, today I've bought a used HTC One. It's soft bricked (I guess), I don't know what was done with it before, but previous owner said it was running official KitKat, I don't know if that's true.
Phone's bootlooping but I can get into bootloader, fastboot. When I try to access recovery it says entering recovery mode... and then reboots. Same happens if I choose Factory reset from bootloader menu.
I can't get this phone working with ADB. I've installed all drivers a few times. When I connect phone to computer I can hear Windows USB input sound and phone says "FASTBOOT USB" but adb is not detecting it. When I type "adb devices" I get no devices. I guess that's because USB debugging is off and I can't enable it since phone is in bootloop.

What I could do with it?

Bootloader information:

***Tampered***
***Unlocked***
M7_UL PVT SHIP S-ON RH
HBOOT-1.55.0000
RADIO-4A.21.3263.04
OpenDSP-v32.120.274.0909
OS-3.62.401.1
eMMc-boot 2048MB
Oct 17 2013, 23:06:14.0

I would appreciate any help, thank you.

bored_stupid

Jul 10, 2011
Hereford
Hello, today I've bought a used HTC One. It's soft bricked (I guess), I don't know what was done with it before, but previous owner said it was running official KitKat, I don't know if that's true.
Phone's bootlooping but I can get into bootloader, fastboot. When I try to access recovery it says entering recovery mode... and then reboots. Same happens if I choose Factory reset from bootloader menu.
I can't get this phone working with ADB. I've installed all drivers a few times. When I connect phone to computer I can hear Windows USB input sound and phone says "FASTBOOT USB" but adb is not detecting it. When I type "adb devices" I get no devices. I guess that's because USB debugging is off and I can't enable it since phone is in bootloop.

What I could do with it?

Bootloader information:

***Tampered***
***Unlocked***
M7_UL PVT SHIP S-ON RH
HBOOT-1.55.0000
RADIO-4A.21.3263.04
OpenDSP-v32.120.274.0909
OS-3.62.401.1
eMMc-boot 2048MB

When you see fastboot usb in the bootloader, your in Fastboot mode. adb will not work. Type fastboot devices.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium HD app

Reactions: martis347

martis347

Now how I flash a new rom with only fastboot?
Maybe I should return to stock?
Edit: Can I flash RUU if I relock bootloader?

From image version: 3.62.401.1
To image version: 1.28.401.7

I've found somewhere, that it's okay to flash with diffrent image version, some guy in a video said, that you must have same image version numbers, so I don't know.

Last edited:

martis347

version: 0.5
version-bootloader: 1.55.0000
version-baseband: 4A.21.3263.04
version-cpld: None
version-microp: None
version-main:3.62.401.1
version-misc: PVT SHIP S-on
serialno: it's ok
imei: (it's ok, lots of numbers)
meid: 0000000000000000000
product:m7_ul
platform: HBOOT-8064
modelid: PN0710000
cidnum: HTC__Y13
battery...
voltage...
partition-layout: Generic
security: on
build-mode: SHIP
boot-mode: FASTBOOT
commitno-bootloader: dirty-bb768ae1
hbootpreupdate: 11
gencheckpt: 0

Last edited:

SaHiLzZ

Jan 19, 2011

I've found somewhere, that it's okay to flash with diffrent image version, some guy in a video said, that you must have same image version numbers, so I don't know.

No, you can't as you are S-ON. You can downgrade only if you are S-OFF.

Please try the following, even if you have tried it and paste your command prompt output.

- Connect the phone in fastboot mode.
- Downlaod stock recovery: http://d-h.st/WJ8

fastboot flash recovery stock_3.62.401.1.img
fastboot erase cache
fastboot reboot-bootloader

Try to enter recovery, you should see a triangle with android or a red exclamantion mark. Post back if your device can still NOT enter stock recovery

May have to try flashing couple times

martis347

Flashed twice, when I choose recovery in bootloader it only reboots and starts bootlooping.
I've uploaded log picture, it's faster than rewriting.

Attachments

• one.jpg
    one.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

SaHiLzZ

Jan 19, 2011
Flashed twice, when I choose recovery in bootloader it only reboots and starts bootlooping.

Interesting. You are having the same issue as another user right now. Try this please:

Download http://files.trjlive.com/android/htc/one/firmware/firmware_3.62.401.1.zip

Type: fastboot oem lock (if your device is not relocked yet)
Type: fastboot oem rebootRUU and wait for device to reboot
Type: fastboot flash zip firmware_3.62.401.1.zip and wait for process to complete
Sometimes flashing for the first time doesn't work, so flash firmware.zip again just to make sure.
Type: fastboot flash zip firmware_3.62.401.1.zip and wait for process to complete
Type: fastboot reboot-bootloader
Type: fastboot erase cache

Please select Bootloader and then select recovery to enter stock recovery. Post back your result.

martis347

I've done everything like you said.

Type: fastboot oem lock (if your device is not relocked yet) (Phone rebooted. Then in bootloader it said relocked)
Type: fastboot flash zip firmware_3.62.401.1.zip and wait for process to complete I got error both times. While flashing first time I renamed "firmware_3.62.401.1.zip" to "firmware.zip" When flashing second time I renamed it back to "firmware_3.62.401.1.zip"
Sometimes flashing for the first time doesn't work, so flash firmware.zip again just to make sure.

Now phone is same as it was. No recovery, when I'm trying to access it it just reboots and keeps bootlooping.

Attachments

• one2.jpg
    one2.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

martis347

Now somehow phone does not detect computer when I try plugging in. I mean when I connect it to pc, it's not responding. If i plug it to a wall charger it says Fastboot AC, if i plug it to computer it says only FASTBOOT. Didn't occur before...

SaHiLzZ

Jan 19, 2011
damn .. sucks if the official recovery is failing to boot as well. dont have any other suggestions.

SaHiLzZ

Jan 19, 2011
There is no RUU For 3.62.401.1 or higher. As you are S-ON, you can NOT flash the lower version RUU. You should pray for the day someone releases the RUU for 3.62.401.x or higher!

I am intentionally NOT suggesting you to run the 4.19.401.8 as that will most likely not help and if a month later someone releases the 3.62.401.x RUU, you wont be able to run it. Staying at a lowest possible version will help your odds, however small they are right now.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Jst check out for ur mobile's official stock rom & install it

What I could do with it?

Bootloader information:

***Tampered***
    ***Unlocked***
    M7_UL PVT SHIP S-ON RH
    HBOOT-1.55.0000
    RADIO-4A.21.3263.04
    OpenDSP-v32.120.274.0909
    OS-3.62.401.1
    eMMc-boot 2048MB

When you see fastboot usb in the bootloader, your in Fastboot mode. adb will not work. Type fastboot devices.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium HD app
    Can you post an output of fastboot getvar all (remove imei/sn) ?

No, you can't as you are S-ON. You can downgrade only if you are S-OFF.

Please try the following, even if you have tried it and paste your command prompt output.

- Connect the phone in fastboot mode.
    - Downlaod stock recovery: http://d-h.st/WJ8

fastboot flash recovery stock_3.62.401.1.img
    fastboot erase cache
    fastboot reboot-bootloader

Try to enter recovery, you should see a triangle with android or a red exclamantion mark. Post back if your device can still NOT enter stock recovery

May have to try flashing couple times

Interesting. You are having the same issue as another user right now. Try this please:

Download http://files.trjlive.com/android/htc/one/firmware/firmware_3.62.401.1.zip

Type: fastboot oem lock (if your device is not relocked yet)

Please select Bootloader and then select recovery to enter stock recovery. Post back your result.