E: Can't mount /cache in CWM, TWRP...

Search This thread

McIringer

Jun 10, 2012
Hello, I have N9005 with KK bootloader, yesterday I installed TWRP and got the message below. I still can flash ROMs (actually installed Omega with no problem). Later I tried CWM and Philz, but get the same message. Even if I try to manually mount cache it does not work. How to solve this issue? I would be glad if anyone can help. And another thing, when I installed Omega ROM in aroma and chose custom kernel, phone did not boot, with the message on boot screen was something about ''selinux kernel not ...''. Then I installed again with stock kernel and phone booted normally...

E: Can't mount /cache/recovery/command
E: Can't mount /cache/recovery/log
E: Can't open /cache/recovery/log
E: Can't mount /cache/recovery/last_log
E: Can't open /cache/recovery/last_log

Reactions: rustyjones

McIringer

Jun 10, 2012
Anyone with the same issue, how did you solve it? Is there a partition corruption involved?

nitrous²

Jun 4, 2010
The Grid
Anyone with the same issue, how did you solve it? Is there a partition corruption involved?

Flash latest TWRP

-Reboot into Recovery.
-Go to "Wipe".
-Go to "Advanced Wipe".
-Choose "Cache".
-Go to "Repair or Change Filesystem".
-Press "Change Filesystem".
-Press "EXT4".
-Reboot system and wait until Android completely boot up.
-Reboot into recovery to check if problem still persists.
-Go to "Wipe"
-Go to "Advanced Wipe"
-Choose "Cache"
-Press Wipe and when finished, post how long it took to finish cache wipe.

McIringer

Jun 10, 2012
Thank you very much for the instructions. Actually I somehow managed to solve the issue few minutes ago. I just used wipe cache function, left the phone for about 10 min and it did it. After that there was no message about can't mount cache anymore and wiping cache takes only few seconds from then on. Hope it is solved... Or should I still do what you suggested, fixing file system... Is it safer to use TWRP or CWM based recovery. Is it just personal preference?
One more thing if I may, Do you happen to know if there is problem with custom kernels and booting ROMs on Note 3... With custom omega kernel phone did not boot, when using stock kernel it did without problem...

nitrous²

Jun 4, 2010
The Grid
Thank you very much for the instructions. Actually I somehow managed to solve the issue few minutes ago. I just used wipe cache function, left the phone for about 10 min and it did it. After that there was no message about can't mount cache anymore and wiping cache takes only few seconds from then on. Hope it is solved... Or should I still do what you suggested, fixing file system... Is it safer to use TWRP or CWM based recovery. Is it just personal preference?
One more thing if I may, Do you happen to know if there is problem with custom kernels and booting ROMs on Note 3... With custom omega kernel phone did not boot, when using stock kernel it did without problem...

No, no need to to it anymore. Glad you got your phone working again. If it happens again, try the steps I mentioned in my first post. I'd be happy if you then could report whether it worked or not. I can only guess if it's just about personal preference. Both recovery systems do basically the same with TWRP being the most advanced and easy to use. I use TWRP because of the many options and most importantly password protection to enter recovery. But be aware that some ROMs are only flashable with certain recovery systems. I can't tell the reason behind it.
I'm sorry, I can't tell you why your phone didn't boot up on Omega kernel. The best thing you can do is re-read OP and ask in the dedicated threads for help.

BLiNKT

Jun 15, 2012
Velenje
Can anyone help i get error when try wipe dalvik cache & cache i get this E:Unable to mount '/cache im on latest version of TWRP

jeetchheda37

Feb 14, 2016
Thans for the solution

hey thanx.... this method worked for me.....!!! u know i was so tensed that i thought that now i have lost my chance to live.. !!!
but anyways thnx...

Syriochan

Sep 9, 2010
Pescara
Flash latest TWRP

-Reboot into Recovery.
-Go to "Wipe".
-Go to "Advanced Wipe".
-Choose "Cache".
-Press "EXT4".
-Go to "Wipe"
-Go to "Advanced Wipe"
-Choose "Cache"

Same issue, solved with this method, 2 secs for wiping after the method, thank you man

Reactions: nitrous²

aniketakre

Apr 5, 2012
Thank you, it works on TWRP YU Yuphoria.

:good:
Flash latest TWRP

-Reboot into Recovery.
-Go to "Wipe".
-Go to "Advanced Wipe".
-Choose "Cache".
-Press "EXT4".
-Go to "Wipe"
-Go to "Advanced Wipe"
-Choose "Cache"

Heelixx

Mar 14, 2016
Flash latest TWRP

-Reboot into Recovery.
-Go to "Wipe".
-Go to "Advanced Wipe".
-Choose "Cache".
-Press "EXT4".
-Go to "Wipe"
-Go to "Advanced Wipe"
-Choose "Cache"

Can you help me? TWRP is showing a message that no OS is installed. When I tried formatting cache or data, I'm getting a message saying "unable to mount /data"

Heelixx

Mar 14, 2016
Possibly because there is no OS installed, or correctly installed. Clean flash the latest stock ROM via Odin and repeat the process.

My fault. I should have clarified. Its an Alcatel phone, not a Samsung so Odin doesn't work. The phone was performing poorly so I decided to wipe the cache. It took really long to wipe. After 12 hours, it was still wiping so I decided to just reboot the device. After that, I saw the "No OS installed" in twrp. I didn't wipe the system partition, only the cache. At this moment I can't wipe anything because twrp is unable to mount any partition and I'm unable to mount any partition with adb. Debugging is turned on

nitrous²

Jun 4, 2010
The Grid
My fault. I should have clarified. Its an Alcatel phone, not a Samsung so Odin doesn't work. The phone was performing poorly so I decided to wipe the cache. It took really long to wipe. After 12 hours, it was still wiping so I decided to just reboot the device. After that, I saw the "No OS installed" in twrp. I didn't wipe the system partition, only the cache. At this moment I can't wipe anything because twrp is unable to mount any partition and I'm unable to mount any partition with adb. Debugging is turned on

Oh, ok. You're new here. That's ok. Welcome at XDA =)
First I'd like you to post in the appropriate forums. This thread and the steps I provided are meant for the international Galaxy Note 3. Applying a fix that was designed for a different device than you have may brick your phone. Always look for, and apply solutions dedicated to your specific device model and OS version. When asking for help, always tell your exact device model. There are many Alcatel devices out there, you know. They all have different hardware.

A cache wipe shouldn't take more than a few seconds. On certain devices minutes. Use google to learn how you can flash a clean, stock ROM on your device. I don't know anything about Alcatel phones. Sorry.

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
For the Alcatel phone, restore using alcatels mobile upgrade software with the phone in download mode.

Heelixx

Mar 14, 2016
For the Alcatel phone, restore using alcatels mobile upgrade software with the phone in download mode.

I'm getting a download error when it reaches stage 3 which is to format the userdata. Its strange because the Alcatel mobile upgrade worked on 2 different alcatel phones that I have. I think this phone is done for.

---------- Post added at 06:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 PM ----------

Oh, ok. You're new here. That's ok. Welcome at XDA =)
First I'd like you to post in the appropriate forums. This thread and the steps I provided are meant for the international Galaxy Note 3. Applying a fix that was designed for a different device than you have may brick your phone. Always look for, and apply solutions dedicated to your specific device model and OS version. When asking for help, always tell your exact device model. There are many Alcatel devices out there, you know. They all have different hardware.

A cache wipe shouldn't take more than a few seconds. On certain devices minutes. Use google to learn how you can flash a clean, stock ROM on your device. I don't know anything about Alcatel phones. Sorry.

Thanks for the tip :eek:

Amaanxdahelper

Nov 3, 2017
PLEASE HELP ME Using Twrp recovery

I have a yunique 4711
I had wiped my system and i dont have any backup
When i tried to flash my rom of android 7.1 resurrection remix
It gave me an error as- failed to mount cache(no such device)
And failed to found recovery.img
And i hve twrp recovery
Please help me
I also shows no os installed

---------- Post added at 10:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 AM ----------

Hii
I found a way to skip ir fix error e1001 or recovery.img is missing or FAILED TO MOUNT CACHE
FOE THAT FIX
SOLVE1
FIRST LEAVE YOUR PHONE UNUSED FOR 15 HOURS DONT TOUCH IT
THEN GO TO TWRP RECOVERY AND SELECT WIPE CACHE USING EXT4
THEN GOT TO WIPE DALVIKE OR ART CACHE THEN FLASH ANY ZIP ROM YOU WANT
KF IT WRKD PLEASE SUBSCRIBE ME ON YOUTUBE AS TECHNICAL BREECH

pingopower

Jun 17, 2017
For me the formatting still very long since that method, and i still have no wi fi. But theres no "unable to" anymore !

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Flash latest TWRP

-Reboot into Recovery.
    -Go to "Wipe".
    -Go to "Advanced Wipe".
    -Choose "Cache".
    -Press "EXT4".
    -Go to "Wipe"
    -Go to "Advanced Wipe"
    -Choose "Cache"

No, no need to to it anymore. Glad you got your phone working again. If it happens again, try the steps I mentioned in my first post. I'd be happy if you then could report whether it worked or not. I can only guess if it's just about personal preference. Both recovery systems do basically the same with TWRP being the most advanced and easy to use. I use TWRP because of the many options and most importantly password protection to enter recovery. But be aware that some ROMs are only flashable with certain recovery systems. I can't tell the reason behind it.
    I'm sorry, I can't tell you why your phone didn't boot up on Omega kernel. The best thing you can do is re-read OP and ask in the dedicated threads for help.
    Hello, I have N9005 with KK bootloader, yesterday I installed TWRP and got the message below. I still can flash ROMs (actually installed Omega with no problem). Later I tried CWM and Philz, but get the same message. Even if I try to manually mount cache it does not work. How to solve this issue? I would be glad if anyone can help. And another thing, when I installed Omega ROM in aroma and chose custom kernel, phone did not boot, with the message on boot screen was something about ''selinux kernel not ...''. Then I installed again with stock kernel and phone booted normally...

E: Can't mount /cache/recovery/command
    E: Can't mount /cache/recovery/log
    E: Can't open /cache/recovery/log
    E: Can't mount /cache/recovery/last_log
    E: Can't open /cache/recovery/last_log
    Thank you very much for being helpful!
    Greetings from Slovenia!
    Flash latest TWRP

-Reboot into Recovery.
    -Go to "Wipe".
    -Go to "Advanced Wipe".
    -Choose "Cache".
    -Press "EXT4".
    -Go to "Wipe"
    -Go to "Advanced Wipe"
    -Choose "Cache"

Same issue, solved with this method, 2 secs for wiping after the method, thank you man