How to set custom Notification Ringtone?

Search This thread

ultra spikey

Jul 5, 2006
I used to use an app called Rings Extended on my G1 to set my own Notification Ringtone(or incoming text). Doesnt seem to work on the Vibrant. Is there another way?

XfooYen

Mar 29, 2010
Lost Angeles
You can also create custom folders which android will recognize for custom sounds. Create a folder called "Media". In that, create a folder called "Audio". In the Audio folder create folders called "Ringtones", "Notifications", "Alarms". If you put custom sounds in those folders, you will be able to select them in your settings.

Reactions: D1358531

manticore1977

Jul 19, 2009
I used to use an app called Rings Extended on my G1 to set my own Notification Ringtone(or incoming text). Doesnt seem to work on the Vibrant. Is there another way?

You can only set custom ringtones for entries stored on the Phone (not GMail like it should be). Easiest way is to create a 2nd contact with the same exact name and set the ringtone there. The phone will automatically link them together. You just need to enter the name and set the ringtone, don't need to re-enter their phone number, etc.

ultra spikey

Jul 5, 2006
You can also create custom folders which android will recognize for custom sounds. Create a folder called "Media". In that, create a folder called "Audio". In the Audio folder create folders called "Ringtones", "Notifications", "Alarms". If you put custom sounds in those folders, you will be able to select them in your settings.

Cool thanks...that worked.

May 2, 2010

Great solution. No extra app needed.

HiKsFiles

Aug 7, 2010
Québec city

Noob question but... where do you create the original "Media" forlder?

ccherukuri

Aug 9, 2010
worked perfect

Wow,...have been searching on how to add custom ringtones for an hour now...such a simple thing to make it work...Thanks a lot OP...worked perfectly.

zumbahlenm

Aug 23, 2010
You can only set custom ringtones for entries stored on the Phone (not GMail like it should be). Easiest way is to create a 2nd contact with the same exact name and set the ringtone there. The phone will automatically link them together. You just need to enter the name and set the ringtone, don't need to re-enter their phone number, etc.

ya but then when you go to text message there are two of the same person with identical numbers...hence my prob that i cant figure out

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.