E:format_volume: rfs format failed on /dev/block/mmcblk0p2

Search This thread

HigherSensation

Aug 25, 2011
New York
Im having a problem when i try to format via Cwm i keep getting E:format_volume: rfs format failed on /dev/block/mmcblk0p2,also when i try to flash a rom it will get stuck on a bootloop...I can restore back to ARHD 3.6.1 and it will boot up and work fine but when i try to flash a new rom i always get the error message and get stuck can someone please help me...

pakraider

May 12, 2010
if i RUU back to stock do i have to Re-root and super CID all over? And how do i go back to stock RUU im on a T-mobile usa sensation 4g..sorry im a newbie and thanks for the help

If you have done super CID already, then all you would need to do is run the RUU of your choice (WWE would do nicely), then re-flash the recovery, and then flash any ROM you want.

Reactions: HigherSensation

HigherSensation

Aug 25, 2011
New York
fixed**
3. Open Rom Manager
4. Choose to Partition your sdcard, sdext 512, swap 0
5. Reinstall Recovery through Rom Manager
6. Reboot into Recovery
7. Wipe

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    RUU back to stock and start again
    if i RUU back to stock do i have to Re-root and super CID all over? And how do i go back to stock RUU im on a T-mobile usa sensation 4g..sorry im a newbie and thanks for the help

If you have done super CID already, then all you would need to do is run the RUU of your choice (WWE would do nicely), then re-flash the recovery, and then flash any ROM you want.