[GUIDE] Unlocking Bootloader with Unlock Allowed:NO!

Search This thread

Fantomas.

Jun 5, 2012
Unlock Bootloader Allowed:NO for all Sony Ericsson and most SONY!!!!

Ok, so I thought I could share this method because it's really easy and quite cheap as well.

I've seen many people on the forum not being able to unlock the bootloader, I gave them advice but it looks like there's too many of them.

The thing is...you cannot really unlock the bootloader when you have: "Bootloader unlock allowed: no"
( you can check by typing in dialer *#*#7372489#*#* then >service info> configuration.) (you won't be able to see it on JJ's ROM, he removed this feature)
This basically means that your carrier prevents your phone to get into fastboot mode. It's the carrier, so don't blame Sony! ;) The reason is obvious, with this configuration, you cannot use different carrier SIM cards.

So if you want to use another SIM or unlock the boootloader to be able to flash all the custom ROMs, you can either do it a pretty expensive way, or do it My Way which I'm gonna explain.
And if you don't give a **** about custom ROMs and just want to use different SIMs, I got good news! It shouldn't void your warranty! - the bootloader will remain locked and but now you will be able to unlock it yourself for free. EDIT: Apparently it unlocks the bootloader too. I haven't noticed this though, in the S1tool test, it showed me my BL is still locked, but one of the users (Patrol619) stated that it automatically unlocked his bootloader. ;) You can watch this video for some useful info. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sn-Vubgka1M&noredirect=1
Remember, if you have this configuration, you MUST PAY TO UNLOCK THE BL. So don't waste time looking for a free method.

But now to the point!​
Go to wotanserver.com and select your phone. You will pay only 7.99 Euros now (used to be 10, then 5 :confused: ) plus you can flash 2different ftf's

Go through the steps, you can use a metal wire or a pin instead of the test-pointers if you don't have them.
After you finish, you will be free to use ANY SIM and Unlock the bootloader without losing DRM keys or through SONY.
I think I could mention just one more thing...If you want to unlock your BL without losing DRM keys (there's a guide on the forums) and you get an error, it's probably because of your manufacture number, if it's older than 12w10, so you have to do it the official way by Sony.

I hope this will be helpful to you, I've used this method and it worked perfectly.

Obviously.....I'm not responsible for any damage you do to your device, computer or car or anything else :p

And last but not least: Press the Thanks button!! :good:

Last edited:

Fantomas.

Jun 5, 2012
So does the wotanserver website unlock the bootloader so I can put custom roms on my phone

No. It doesn't unlock the bootloader, it lets you unlock the bootloader. If you have a SIM locked phone, you cannot get into fastboot mode. If you can't get into fastboot, you cannot unlock the bootloader. ;)
But after doing the wotanserver unlocking, you can do it yourself. It's quite easy.

Ray!

May 28, 2012
Chicago
My phone is Unlock Allowed:NO but i can use every sim on my phone and it's work fine!

Fantomas.

Jun 5, 2012
My phone is Unlock Allowed:NO but i can use every sim on my phone and it's work fine!

Well, try getting into fastboot mode. If you can get into fastboot (turn off phone, hold volume up button and plug in to pc, wait until blue led appears) you don't need to do this. If you cannot get into fastboot mode, you need to unlock your phone first.

D

Deleted member 3493119

Nice, but is it risky unlockong using testpoints? And what do you need to do it?

Skickat från min ST18 via Tapatalk 2

Fantomas.

Jun 5, 2012
Nice, but is it risky unlockong using testpoints? And what do you need to do it?

I am pretty sure it's safe. I don't see why it shouldn't be. It's like service connectors if I'm not mistaken. You just need some kind of metal pin or piece of wire, computer, usb cable and the phone. There's short demonstration video before unlocking. BTW I already told you about this some time ago...:)

Sent from my Xperia Ray using xda premium

Reactions: GodOfRock
D

Deleted member 3493119

I am pretty sure it's safe. I don't see why it shouldn't be. It's like service connectors if I'm not mistaken. You just need some kind of metal pin or piece of wire, computer, usb cable and the phone. There's short demonstration video before unlocking. BTW I already told you about this some time ago...:)

Ok, but what kind of thing should i connect the testpoint with? A piece of copper or something? Or what do you recommend?

Last edited by a moderator:

Fantomas.

Jun 5, 2012
Ok, but what kind of thing should i connect the testpoint with? A piece of copper or something? Or what do you recommend?

You can use any kind of wire or pin. Try anything, if it doesn't work, it. Won't brake your phone. I used a pin.

Reactions: GodOfRock
D

Deleted member 3493119

You can use any kind of wire or pin. Try anything, if it doesn't work, it. Won't brake your phone. I used a pin.

Does this one work?
8usejuhy.jpg

Sent from my Xperia Ray powered by JellySandwich using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Yo guy

Yaax

Oct 8, 2012
It worked for me!

i unlock my not alowed boodloader unlock contacting Jinx (reference of this post) for those who are exceptical about it, it really works, now i can have Mods and Roms in my Xperia Ray! :laugh:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Unlock Bootloader Allowed:NO for all Sony Ericsson and most SONY!!!!

Ok, so I thought I could share this method because it's really easy and quite cheap as well.

I've seen many people on the forum not being able to unlock the bootloader, I gave them advice but it looks like there's too many of them.

The thing is...you cannot really unlock the bootloader when you have: "Bootloader unlock allowed: no"
    ( you can check by typing in dialer *#*#7372489#*#* then >service info> configuration.) (you won't be able to see it on JJ's ROM, he removed this feature)
    This basically means that your carrier prevents your phone to get into fastboot mode. It's the carrier, so don't blame Sony! ;) The reason is obvious, with this configuration, you cannot use different carrier SIM cards.

So if you want to use another SIM or unlock the boootloader to be able to flash all the custom ROMs, you can either do it a pretty expensive way, or do it My Way which I'm gonna explain.
    And if you don't give a **** about custom ROMs and just want to use different SIMs, I got good news! It shouldn't void your warranty! - the bootloader will remain locked and but now you will be able to unlock it yourself for free. EDIT: Apparently it unlocks the bootloader too. I haven't noticed this though, in the S1tool test, it showed me my BL is still locked, but one of the users (Patrol619) stated that it automatically unlocked his bootloader. ;) You can watch this video for some useful info. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sn-Vubgka1M&noredirect=1
    Remember, if you have this configuration, you MUST PAY TO UNLOCK THE BL. So don't waste time looking for a free method.

But now to the point!​
    Go to wotanserver.com and select your phone. You will pay only 7.99 Euros now (used to be 10, then 5 :confused: ) plus you can flash 2different ftf's

Go through the steps, you can use a metal wire or a pin instead of the test-pointers if you don't have them.
    After you finish, you will be free to use ANY SIM and Unlock the bootloader without losing DRM keys or through SONY.
    I think I could mention just one more thing...If you want to unlock your BL without losing DRM keys (there's a guide on the forums) and you get an error, it's probably because of your manufacture number, if it's older than 12w10, so you have to do it the official way by Sony.

I hope this will be helpful to you, I've used this method and it worked perfectly.

Obviously.....I'm not responsible for any damage you do to your device, computer or car or anything else :p

And last but not least: Press the Thanks button!! :good:
    Meh, I ain't paying for that ****, plus erry1 knows this.

Well as I said, I saw a lot of people not knowing about it. Anyway, I tried to help. I'm not forcing you to buy it. So keep your negative comments to yourself.

Sent from my ST18i using xda premium
    I just used this method, and worked very well. It was very quick, literally a few seconds. I now have a fully unlocked phone. :D Thanks for this thread :)

It's €7.99 now though, not €5.

Ok, thanks, I'll update the thread, I'm glad it helped after having many people complaining...:)
    So does the wotanserver website unlock the bootloader so I can put custom roms on my phone

No. It doesn't unlock the bootloader, it lets you unlock the bootloader. If you have a SIM locked phone, you cannot get into fastboot mode. If you can't get into fastboot, you cannot unlock the bootloader. ;)
    But after doing the wotanserver unlocking, you can do it yourself. It's quite easy.

Well, try getting into fastboot mode. If you can get into fastboot (turn off phone, hold volume up button and plug in to pc, wait until blue led appears) you don't need to do this. If you cannot get into fastboot mode, you need to unlock your phone first.