Phone Wont Recognize/Read SD Card.

Search This thread

CheeseFoMe

Mar 9, 2014
I want to start off by saying that I'm the type of person who likes doing things on my own before i get on the forums asking questions but Ive tried a lot of things and nothing seems to help.

So the issue I'm currently having is my phone doesn't recognize my SD card. When i go into the settings it says that the SD card is empty when in fact it's filled with my original files.

I know it's the phone cause I have tried several SD cards and it wont recognize them. Now if i have the SD card in the phone I can still scroll through the files using some kind of file manager but It wont load the apps on it like it used to. Another thing is if I connect the phone to my PC it will recognize the SD card and the files can be edited ect..

So the few things that i tried doing is removing the battery, removing SD card then inserting them both back in, formatting the SD card (killed my other one trying to format it btw) and still nothing. Wanted to go back to a date where the phone worked but since phone isn't reading the SD card it didn't let me.

Wanted to do a complete whipe so that at least I can get the phone to unrooted state but I'm afraid that the phone wont let me get into the files that are in the SD card to go back to stock ROM.

Don't know if the brand matters but i'll add the brand of the SD card anyways. It's SanDisk 1 GB. My other one that got burnt by some SD formatter was a Kingston. That one didn't work either. These SD cards worked on other phones BTW so i know it's either one the ROM or 2 the hardware.

Either way i have to get it to stock ROM to send it back to T-MOBILE so it can get fixed. Warranty is invalid when your phone is rooted. I am really in a tight situation.

If there is any advice that could lighten my day i'd greatly appreciate it.

D

Darth

Odin stock on it, see if it works after. You'll lose all user data. Also, sd cards fail/get corrupt. Happens all the time.

Sent from my N5 cell phone telephone....

CheeseFoMe

Mar 9, 2014
Odin stock on it, see if it works after. You'll lose all user data. Also, sd cards fail/get corrupt. Happens all the time.

Sent from my N5 cell phone telephone....

Thanks, I'll give that a shot to see if it works. Also, bought a SD card manager thing to connect to the computer and when it gets here going to try and see if it has any errors hopefully one of of these 2 things work.