I need the run down

Search This thread

TTLayland

Jan 10, 2013
Orlando
I'm a tad confused as to how I'm supposed to go from mf3 to kit Kat while keeping root. If anyone could help out it would be great. I'd also like to know if staying on mf3 BL is better incase the bootloader is exploited again. Or is the work being done on current BLs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

DeadlySin9

Sep 2, 2012
Google Pixel 8 Pro
I'm a tad confused as to how I'm supposed to go from mf3 to kit Kat while keeping root. If anyone could help out it would be great. I'd also like to know if staying on mf3 BL is better incase the bootloader is exploited again. Or is the work being done on current BLs.

Your best bet is to go to MK2. Work is taking place across different bootloaders, but a good amount of work is on MK2 including Hashcode's kexec exploit which functions on the root method for MK2 that allows the kernel memory to be modified. You can sideload the MK2 OTA or just flash the ODIN files if you don't mind wiping the internal data/storage. Once that's done, install Safestrap, and using the different guides you can either go to KeepRoot OTA to put yourself on the stock system with root or flash any 4.4.2 TouchWiz ROM with the KitKat Magic Toolkit.

TTLayland

Jan 10, 2013
Orlando
Links? I'm searching but would appreciate the help.

M3RS3

Jan 4, 2014
Añasco, PR
The magic tool doesnt trip Knox counter. You have to use PC odin

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

●●?Thanks, I appreciate for the reply to my question, I did saferoot on my I337 AT&T and still have the KNOX in 0x0 and would like upgrade to KK. But the KNOX Remain in 0x0.
●●Since you did it, what ROM you use?

jmjoyas

Apr 5, 2013
I have tested all the Roms given in the all things att thread (link given earlier) and all of them work. I am now using black box 3.0 for its AOSP look and feel.

Reactions: TheLentilFarmer

TTLayland

Jan 10, 2013
Orlando
Please understand I've gone from an atrix hd to this. While I understand adb and fast boot I am unfamiliar with Odin. I have downloaded the mk2 tar and extracted it.im I have odin 3.9.a tutorial on how to move from mf3 to mk2 without breaking my handset would be nice. I'm on mf3 with root nothing frozen no xposed.

M3RS3

Jan 4, 2014
Añasco, PR
I have tested all the Roms given in the all things att thread (link given earlier) and all of them work. I am now using black box 3.0 for its AOSP look and feel.

Ok men.. Thanks a lot.. ?

---------- Post added at 07:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 PM ----------

Please understand I've gone from an atrix hd to this. While I understand adb and fast boot I am unfamiliar with Odin. I have downloaded the mk2 tar and extracted it.im I have odin 3.9.a tutorial on how to move from mf3 to mk2 without breaking my handset would be nice. I'm on mf3 with root nothing frozen no xposed.

●●Sorry but my English is not very good and I do not know if this can help. Please read carefully I'm not responsible what happens to your Cell.

>>Search that: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2573080

jmjoyas

Apr 5, 2013

Since you have MF3, you have a locked bootloader and so lot of things are restricted. We do not have a direct root method for kitkat and so the only go is to install a pre-rooted kitkat rom.

Your best bet is to odin flash MK2, root, install safestrap and use the kitkat magic tool to install a kitkat rom.

Using Odin is simple.
  1. Run odin in admin mode (right click and select "run as administrator")
  2. Under options, only "Auto Reboot" and "F.Reset Time" should be selected.
  3. Click on "BL" button and select the "BL_I337UCUEMK2_1921628_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5" file from the MK2 extract.
  4. Do the same for AP, CP and CSC
  5. Put the phone in download mode
    • "adb reboot download" or
    • power-off the phone and press power, home and volume down buttons together. Hold it till you get the warning screen where you have to press volume up key.
  6. Connect it to the computer. Odin should recognize and you should see an "Added!!" message in odin.
  7. Hit the start button.
You should now have a clean stock MK2 firmware. Remember that this will wipe all your data.

Root: Use saferoot to root.

Safestrap: Install Safestrap v3.72 APK. Open the app and select install recovery.
Note: Safestrap is a special recovery that is available during the normal boot process. The stock recovery is still available and can be entered by pressing home and volume up when powering up the phone.

Entering safestrap recovery: Reboot the phone and when you see the safestrap screen, press the capacitive menu button (touch screen doesnt work).

Follow Kitkat magic tool and install the choice your rom from the All things AT&T MK2 and NB1 thread.

May 23, 2013

So you can use Black Box 3.0 on your AT&T i337? I saw on the list that it says "XXUFNB8 -- i9505" and figured that it would be risky to run it on my i337. Are there any extra steps that you have to take to get it to work?
I haven't made the jump from mf3 yet but Black Box 3 is looking pretty tempting.

TTLayland

Jan 10, 2013
Orlando
Error

So I downloaded the MK2 AIO Tar file and then placed each file into their respective slots.
I keep encountering this error:

Invalid Percent of Drawing download progress bar!

Now this is happening every single time I use Odin 3 V 3.09.
I am redownloading the MK2 files and instead picking the download with the 4 separate players.
Hopefully this is resolved with the new download but if you guys have any suggestions lets me know.

jmjoyas

Apr 5, 2013
So you can use Black Box 3.0 on your AT&T i337? I saw on the list that it says "XXUFNB8 -- i9505" and figured that it would be risky to run it on my i337. Are there any extra steps that you have to take to get it to work?
I haven't made the jump from mf3 yet but Black Box 3 is looking pretty tempting.

Any ROM listed in the All things AT&T MK2 and NB1 thread will work on ATT I337. The thread is for this phone.

You have to first upgrade to MK2 by flashing the full odin image from the thread and then use KitKat magic tool to install kitkat Roms.

TTLayland

Jan 10, 2013
Orlando
Wifi isn't working. I flashed the mk2 modules but Nada. Do I need nc1 modules and if so where do I download it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Your best bet is to go to MK2. Work is taking place across different bootloaders, but a good amount of work is on MK2 including Hashcode's kexec exploit which functions on the root method for MK2 that allows the kernel memory to be modified. You can sideload the MK2 OTA or just flash the ODIN files if you don't mind wiping the internal data/storage. Once that's done, install Safestrap, and using the different guides you can either go to KeepRoot OTA to put yourself on the stock system with root or flash any 4.4.2 TouchWiz ROM with the KitKat Magic Toolkit.

Any ROM listed in the All things AT&T MK2 and NB1 thread will work on ATT I337. The thread is for this phone.

You have to first upgrade to MK2 by flashing the full odin image from the thread and then use KitKat magic tool to install kitkat Roms.
    The magic tool doesnt trip Knox counter. You have to use PC odin

Since you have MF3, you have a locked bootloader and so lot of things are restricted. We do not have a direct root method for kitkat and so the only go is to install a pre-rooted kitkat rom.

Your best bet is to odin flash MK2, root, install safestrap and use the kitkat magic tool to install a kitkat rom.

Using Odin is simple.
    1. Run odin in admin mode (right click and select "run as administrator")
    2. Under options, only "Auto Reboot" and "F.Reset Time" should be selected.
    3. Click on "BL" button and select the "BL_I337UCUEMK2_1921628_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5" file from the MK2 extract.
    4. Do the same for AP, CP and CSC
    5. Put the phone in download mode
      • "adb reboot download" or
      • power-off the phone and press power, home and volume down buttons together. Hold it till you get the warning screen where you have to press volume up key.
    6. Connect it to the computer. Odin should recognize and you should see an "Added!!" message in odin.
    7. Hit the start button.
    You should now have a clean stock MK2 firmware. Remember that this will wipe all your data.

Root: Use saferoot to root.

Safestrap: Install Safestrap v3.72 APK. Open the app and select install recovery.
    Note: Safestrap is a special recovery that is available during the normal boot process. The stock recovery is still available and can be entered by pressing home and volume up when powering up the phone.

Entering safestrap recovery: Reboot the phone and when you see the safestrap screen, press the capacitive menu button (touch screen doesnt work).

Follow Kitkat magic tool and install the choice your rom from the All things AT&T MK2 and NB1 thread.