SDCARD hard brick recovery WIP, need dumps

Search This thread

ryanbg

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 3, 2008
movr0.com
I am working on getting a proper MJE SDCARD debrick image. I will need memory dumps of the boot partitions.

From ADB shell or terminal emulator run the following command

dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0 of=/sdcard/unbrick.img bs=512 count=524288

This will place a file called unbrick.img into /sdcard (not your actual memory card (extSdCard) but your internal device memory. All I need you to do is upload this file anywhere you see fit so I can download it. I greatly appreciate your time!

At this time, I am only looking for retail SM-N900V MJE dumps.

Last edited:

cam30era

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 20, 2010
Columbus, Indiana
I am working on getting a proper MJE SDCARD debrick image. I will need memory dumps of the boot partitions.
No sensitive data will be dumped with this command, and you will be helping the community out greatly if you have the time.

From ADB shell or terminal emulator run the following command

dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0 of=/sdcard/unbrick.img count=524288

This will place a file called unbrick.img into /sdcard (not your actual memory card (extSdCard) but your internal device memory. All I need you to do is upload this file anywhere you see fit so I can download it. I greatly appreciate your time!

At this time, I am only looking for retail SM-N900V MJE dumps.

Retail or DE? Or does it matter?

trevorcobb

Jun 14, 2008
OP: did you find or get a copy of a debrick img file for the SM-N900V? my retail edition is definitely hard bricked. :(

bftb0

Feb 5, 2010
Long time no see old friend.

@ryanbg

Sorry for not getting in touch - I know I disappeared as if I had died. Life - and work - intervened to the point of needing to drop something on the floor, and unfortunately that was my XDA involvement. (As it is, even this post is a little bit of hooky). But all is well; I see you are still fighting the good fight. Thanks for your efforts.

Top Liked Posts