Official AT&T Vivid source code from HTC

Search This thread

8125Omnimax

Jul 1, 2006
New York City
Here's the kicker, sources ain't worth a Damn unless the bootloader is unlocked, and otherwise you'll just be able to do emulation only... I'm trying the htc bootloader unlocker one last time

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using xda premium

8125Omnimax

Jul 1, 2006
New York City
Tried it but it didn't go through, and didn't give me an error code this time...

Tried three times same result

8125Omnimax

Jul 1, 2006
New York City
Usuallyyoull get an error code at this screen, now it leaves the fields blank

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1324434054052.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1324434054052.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 433

slapshot30

Feb 21, 2010
Nebraska
Hopefully this sparks something. This forum is looking like a ghost town :(. I suppose there isn't much to talk about without root, but I wonder how many people that would've contributed to the Vivid have already moved on.

Aus_Azn

Aug 14, 2010
Hopefully this sparks something. This forum is looking like a ghost town :(. I suppose there isn't much to talk about without root, but I wonder how many people that would've contributed to the Vivid have already moved on.

The only things I plan to use permaroot for is permanently killing the bloatware (including CIQ), AdFree, Nandroid backup, using an international Raider stock ROM and SetCPU underclocking for battery life.

Hmm, come to think about it, that's actually a reasonably long list.

Blah, HTCdev, Y U NO WORK? Maybe the removal of the message could be heralding that something is coming...

ronnie498

Retired Senior Moderator
Sep 22, 2010

Your probably right a bunch have moved on, I would love a vivid but will wait till we can root.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using xda premium

8125Omnimax

Jul 1, 2006
New York City
The only things I plan to use permaroot for is permanently killing the bloatware (including CIQ), AdFree, Nandroid backup, using an international Raider stock ROM and SetCPU underclocking for battery life.

Blah, HTCdev, Y U NO WORK? Maybe the removal of the message could be heralding that something is coming...

In AT&T's letter to Al Franken they mentioned CIQ was disabled on the Vivid and skyrocket because of performance issues when activated, even though it's dormant, and I still want it out. Having the source allows us to tinker with the rom ahead of time so we can build roms before bootloader unlock takes place

You figure most roms are tested via emulation before they are made flashable, these forums will be picking up real shortly, Therefore a bootloader unlock is not far away especially since they released source on the vivid.

I am currently "experimenting" with source. I hope to release a rom after the bootloader unlock and a stable method of permanent root has surfaced on AT&T Vivid Hardware.

Reactions: Masacrk

slimslim

Oct 14, 2009
Cool to release it so soon. It might be their way of saying "it's AT$T, not us" to unlocked bootloader.

Sent from my HTC Vivid via Tapatalk

Aus_Azn

Aug 14, 2010
The way it seems to be portrayed on that other dev site, GSLeon is making some pretty good progress; his last post was a few days ago saying that results are coming "in a few days".

Let's hope he's not trolling.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Didn't see it posted up but here it is

http://www.htcdev.com/devcenter/downloads

On the first page, wwe en source

In AT&T's letter to Al Franken they mentioned CIQ was disabled on the Vivid and skyrocket because of performance issues when activated, even though it's dormant, and I still want it out. Having the source allows us to tinker with the rom ahead of time so we can build roms before bootloader unlock takes place

You figure most roms are tested via emulation before they are made flashable, these forums will be picking up real shortly, Therefore a bootloader unlock is not far away especially since they released source on the vivid.

I am currently "experimenting" with source. I hope to release a rom after the bootloader unlock and a stable method of permanent root has surfaced on AT&T Vivid Hardware.