Anyone else a bit disappointed now they actually have the Z2 ?

Search This thread

skip24ftlb

Sep 27, 2006
Touching on battery life. I think the z2 is actually pretty incredible in that regard. My note 2 would not last the night from a full charge. I use a particular app that uses GPS all my shift. That and the phone being connected on Bluetooth and constantly searching for the next mobile transmitter whilst I drive 6-8 hrs would have the note 2 flat to the point of switching off if I didn't put it on charge. The z2 is at 48 % and that's including chatting on the phone and listening to an audio book. Very impressed with the z2 power management

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Have you had a change to play with other new smartphones? How do you feel about them?

I don't mean to be rude or anything, but I find your claim about battery life a little hard to believe. The Z2 has WAY bigger battery and your S2's battery has had plenty of time to deteriorate. Again, not to be hostile but rather interested, could you post screenshots of battery stats after a normal day of use (both phones)?

Now of course I know hardly anything about custom roms that prolong battery life, but still...
    I have to call your bluff regarding the S2 battery life. It cannot compare at all to the Z2. The S2 battery was horrible for me, even though mine was also rooted and all. In fact, it was the only phone I ever have to buy an extended battery and it still barely lasted me a day. Note2 was so much better than the S2 and Z2 beats the Note2. So no way I am going to believe your S2 can return a better battery life than the Z2.
    I find all the new flagships since last year disappointing, and that's why I haven't upgrade from my SGS3 yet.

They all have three or four negatives.

Z2: too big (going from a SGS3 to a Z2 would be hard), overheating issue, 3 minute limit in 4K video, waterproof (it's a negative point for me because I don't want the USB charging port sealed. It's annoying if I have to charge the phone every day), you lose Sony DRM stuff if you unlock the bootloader and root, little development, delays, Z3 in second half of this year, no blocking mode (S5, M8, iPhone and Moto X and G have them and it's an essential feature), etc.

The Z2 has a magnetic charging port, you never need to undo the flaps to charge it.
    The Z2 has a magnetic charging port, you never need to undo the flaps to charge it.

This. I feel like this is one of the best features of this phone. :D I've heard so many complaints about annoying USB-port cover.