[Q] Coolpad 9976A - ROOT

Search This thread

thor2001

Oct 3, 2010
Nuremberg
@qwero

If it's no system app, you can uninstall it like any regular app through /settings/apps/all.

Otherwise:
Once you're rooted, you can use Titanium Backup (or any similar app) to freeze/disable it, or uninstall it completely.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-04-20-21-21-19.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-04-20-21-21-19.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:

qwero

Jun 29, 2005
@Thor
After my holiday return (Egypt - I use Coolpad solely on holidays) and connected to high speed Internet Chrome apk. has been immediately upgraded. Since that Chrome does run OK, even simultanously with stock browser. That means Chrome was probably installed in Egypt not fully or correctly. Thanks for your unworldly effort to help.

Reactions: thor2001

qwero

Jun 29, 2005
Let me one more question:
is there some way how to get out chine bookmarks and priority of Baidu internet search in stock browser? I like it, mainly for easy way to save web pages.
Danke in voraus.

thor2001

Oct 3, 2010
Nuremberg
@qwero

As far as I know, no.
I've just unfrozen it, took a look in the settings, but there are not a lot of options it.
Long tap on the chinese quick links doesn't do anything either.
about:config, which works for Firerox didn't do a thing.

As I already said, I prefer Firefox and CM-Browser. :)

Regards

Last edited:

qwero

Jun 29, 2005
@Thor
if I have fixed file for the purpose as in my previous query (it is not .apk just file with subfiles : assets, res, smali) would you advice me how to replace origin file with name CP_BrowserUI (again any .apk, just content subfile smali).?? Would you have, based on your experiences, any idea how to make desired substitution?

Last edited:

qwero

Jun 29, 2005
Any idea why suddenly does appear problem to send SMS? (setting dual sim cards always the same, messagging allowed for desired sim card, receiving ok)

Last edited:

seraser

Jun 28, 2011
@thor2001 and all people with this phone.....

please, can anybody provide me a preloader backup, mine coolpad is now bricked, no preloader and I cant find in internet.

Thank you.

seraser

Jun 28, 2011
@seraser

If you tell me the partition name, I'll look for it in my backups... and up them somewhere.

Regards

Thank you @thor2001

Finally my phone has present preloader but is impossible flash with sp flash tools because always ended with the error:

PMT changed for the ROM it must be download

This mean the partition table inside the phone do not match with preloader table and only a firmware upgrade, not download mode can solve this with ALL partitions.

Im looking factory image for sp flash tools with all partitions but no luck, If you can send me all partitions from mtkdroid, obviously no data or factory data, and no nvram, Ive got from recovery backup I think I can solve the situation.

Best regards, really thanks.

Last edited:

FilipZivanic

Jul 1, 2016
Please can someone help me! I have Coolpad Porto *E560*
I tryed editing build.prop and pfffffff phone can't boot up now... i don't have USB-debugging enabled!
I have build.prop.bak in memory but i can't access it via ADB because USB debugging is turned off!
PLEASE someone give me update.zip with original build.prop in it for E560 or tell me how to fix issue!

nickyip123

Apr 25, 2014
Nokia 8.1
Realme X
I've ported a ZP998 CM12.1 rom to 9976A...
Camera okay, NFC okay, volume up/volume down/power/home/back/menu okay,
but can't make the mute switch at the side to work... lol

---------- Post added at 03:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 AM ----------

I really want to know how to make the hardware mute switch work or I'd move to the official rom and do clean up again...

---------- Post added at 03:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 AM ----------

The mute switch on/off function is really too convenient to me which I can't lose. lol

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Manual: Backup and Rooting of 9976A

Step 1 is crucial and the rest of this manual depends on both VCOM and ADB-drivers correctly installed!

0) Make sure, that your phone is fully charged (it's only precautionary) and copy "9976A_056_ROOT_xiping.zip" to internal SD
    1) Download and install the ADB and VCOM drivers on your windows pc.
    The VCOM-installation is kinda tricky, because you only have a really short timespan for that after plugging in the powered-off 9976A.
    I did that, with the windows hardware manager opened. For a short time span, you can click on the phone after you plugged it in an do
    the "update driver"-option pointing to the VCOM-driver. If you're using windows 8.x, it's possible that you may have to deactivate "only signed drivers".
    2) Download and extract MtkDroidTools v253.
    3) Download and extract "SP_Flash_Tool_v5.1343.01.zip"
    4) Activate USB debugging in your 9976A (settings, developer options).
    4.5) If you can't see Debugging, click/touch several times on "Build number" in "About phone"
    5) Fire up MtKDroidTools, plug the powered-on phone in.
    6) If all drivers are installed correctly, you should be able to see your phone informations in the program.
    7) Use button "Blocks Map" and "Create scatter file" to create the scatterfile, which is like a partitiontable
    telling your phone where all the data lays in it. Keep that file in a save place.
    8) Write down the address for "18 cache" in the Scatter-column, should be something like "0x57000000"
    9) Unplug phone, close the tool and fire up flash_tool.exe (SP_Flash_tool)
    10) In the flash_tool, load your generated scatterfile and check that every chechbox in the window below is unticked.
    11) Switch to the tab "Read back", "Add" and doubleclick on the filepath, choose a filename and where to store it.
    12) Now copy and paste the address from 8) into "length"-field, than "OK"
    13) Hit "Read back"-button and plug-in the powered-off phone.
    14) A progress bar should be filling up and after quite a while there should be a green tick shown.
    15) Close flash_tool.exe, because we're done with that for now.
    16) Start MtkDroidTool once again, plug-in the powered-on phone.
    17) Switch to tab "Root, Backup, Recovery" and use "file ROM_ ..."-button and point it to the file you've chosen in 11)
    18) When the prompt "automatic CWM recovery creation" pops up, choose "yes"
    19) After completing the whole thing, close DroidTools again
    (or if it prompts you, to write the modified recovery than click okay and skip step 20)
    20) Use flash_tool again, with your scatterfile and this time tick "recovery" and choose the modified file named "Coolpad-9976A_XXXXX__recovery_XXXXX.img" in your backup-directory.
    21) Hit Download-button for flashing the cwm recovery
    22) In windows, look for the file (inside the mtdroidtool-folder) named files_for_delete.txt and put a ";" before the lines "/system/media/..." and save it
    (otherwise your bootup and shutdown-tones will be gone soon)
    23) Start MtkDroidTools, plug-in the phone...if it's powered on, hit the "Reboot" and later "Recovery"-button, bottom right
    24) Switch tab to "Root, Backup, Recovery" and push "SuperUser"-button and choose your poison/Superuser-app
    25) Usually it should finish of it own, mine didn't so I let the progress-bar run some times from 0 to 100%
    26) Hit the "Del.China App"-button, otherwise your old (3e-recovery) will be put back in place
    27) Unplug and now you should be able to boot into the cwm-recovery by holding vol+ and power-button,
    or if you are still in cwm-recovery use the "install update.zip"-function with the "9976A_056_ROOT_xiping.zip"
    (for navigation use vol+ = up | vol- = down | power = execute)
    28) You just finished the backup and rooting of your 9976A

Recommended additional steps (to backup IMEI/NVRAM),
    which is normally done automatically when you use the readback-feature:

29) Use MTKDroidTools "IMEI/NVRAM"-button, and hit "Backup"
    30) You should get two files, one .bin and .tar

If you prefer SuperSU, install it (give it root-rights) and update it over playstore.
    Choose "uninstall other superuser application" in its setting.
    Freeze the VRoot-app in TB and restart. If you're still rooted, like you should be, you can uninstall VRoot.
    SuperSU handles the root from now on.

Files:
    9976A_056_Root_xiping.zip
    MtkDroidTools_v253_ML.zip (removed due to false virus claims, use google or any other searchengine to get it)
    Also read post #358 in this thread.
    SP_Flash_Tool_v5.1343.01.zip
    UniversalAdbDriverSetup6.msi
    USB VCOM Driver.zip

If ADB and/or VCOM-drivers don't work for you, use this "all in one"-driver:
    MTK6592_PdaNET_ADB_VCOM_Drivers.zip

If you want to restore your system, just choose the scatter.txt and SP-Flashtool will automatically use the files, which are in the same folder.
    The preloader shouldn't be checked.
    Don't flash the Pre-loader, because a faulty one will brick your device (at least temporary, if not permanent).
    The one in the folder is from your device and should be save, but use it only if everything else fails!
    Playstore Workaround

Attachted are the two files you need to get your paid playstore apps staying after reboot.

1. Install both apps
    2. Start Xposed Installer, Framework, Install
    3. Back one screen
    4. Modules, tick "Playstore Disable Encryption"
    5. In Coolmanager enable the autostart of Xposed Installer and the module if it's listed there
    6. Reboot

Every paid app you install from now on should be staying, even after reboot.
    It should even work without Root, cos I haven't got any entry of that in SuperSU.

[update 29iii2014]
    Root is required, you'll be prompted when installing the framework inside Xposed Installer.
    Let me know how it goes as my phone comes in 2 weeks - I emailed the seller and they claim that it works with Google Play Store and will come rooted with 16GB storage..can you PM me the specs you see on your device? Thanks...

Yes finally got it to work :D

_________
    Well since you need to install USb drivers on the PC, I write a little instruction.

Drivers are easily installed. All you need is to enable USB debugging.

Settings -> About phone -> tap on the Build number several times to unlock the developer options.

The settings -> Dev options -> tick USB debugging.

Now you can connect the tablet / phablet to the PC. It auto matically install the drivers. If not there is a virtual CD rom drive under Computer -> Coolpad driver

_______

Then you can copy the root files onto your device.

Did it like here: http://bbs.coolpad.com/thread-1920081-1-1.html

Well translated with google translate:

1, the root package into the root directory of the external SD card
    2, press the volume key + power button to boot into recovery mode, red exclamation robot interface appears, click the power button to the menu interface
    3, click the volume down key to select "applay update from sdcard", click on the volume key to enter
    4, click the volume down button to select the root package, click on the volume button to install
    5, after the key is complete, click on the volume button "reboot system now" boot

Now the device is rooted.

Finally I installed the Google play services like this: http://bbs.coolpad.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=1917346&fromuid=3110832

(Translated with google)

(for me that download host didnt work, but found a different one with baidu. http://dl.dbank.com/c0bjjioeqw )

Many ask about how to use oil, as follows:
    1, the attachment downloaded on the phone memory root directory / storage/emulated/0 below (the root directory of phone memory, do not put any folder)
    2, into the system settings - About phone - mad click the version number - the phone prompts to enter developer mode after pressing return, and click developer mode
    3, into developer mode, down to finally find "GMS package preinstalled" option and click, the system prompts "GMS phone will restart makeup bag", click OK to install
    4, after the installation is complete the phone will automatically restart, boot can be seen after the application installation package GMS

Well seems to work now. I mean even Google says that the device is supported :)
    https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/1727131?hl=en#C

Ill upload the .zip files to the Google drive

Root: https://docs.google.com/uc?export=download&id=0B_zcMr2cMNjZSXBrc0Z5cEtzX2s
    Google play : https://docs.google.com/uc?export=download&id=0B_zcMr2cMNjZQy00YjV2eVNzY28

and will come rooted with 16GB storage..can you PM me the specs you see on your device? Thanks...
    Well it has 8GB internal storage , not 16GB. But you can install apps on the external SD drive. I have a 60GB MicroSD in it.
    @networkdood

Nah, it's still microUSB.
    The Chinese charger puts 1A out, so as long as you use something similar it shouldn't matter.

@sassinapoli

Found the lockscreen-picture, it's attached/linked asap

default_keyguard_wallpaper.png

I found it in \system\framework\framework-res.apk\res\drawable-nodpi
    Not sure if this helps or is necessary, but, I created a Facebook page for the coolpad 9976A here:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Coolpad-9976A/1411615859099814

Also, we can HANGOUT using Google+ and share info, if anyone wants to...
    I hope I get this device this week.
    Merimobiles shipped me the F1 model, then I find out that it never shipped as UPS has no info, except for label creation date. '
    Merimobiles assured me it will reship Monday, and they are supposed to give me a free flip case for this fiasco, so we shall see....