Capacitive key backlight timeout

Search This thread

ftgg99

Account currently disabled
Mar 20, 2010
What do i need to edit to increase the timeout of the capacitive buttons? Im sure everyone is in this boat - the backlight switches off after two seconds or so of inactivity...

Last edited:

TrashX

Mar 31, 2007
What do i need to edit to increase the timeout of the capacitive buttons? Im sure everyone is in this boat - the backlight switches off after two seconds or so of inactivity...

Hi,

Thats an interesting one...I have no idea (until now I was a WM user), but I would be glad to kwno how to increase the timeout. Shouldn't it be locked to the display timeout? Would make sense in my opinion...

regards
TrashX

AlienCraB

Nov 25, 2009
This is nothing about development... please post in General instead of Development forum, you'll find your answer faster there next time.

ftgg99

Account currently disabled
Mar 20, 2010
oh really? i would say a) editing core android files is development and b) am i really getting advice from a noob? ;)

djbrutale

Jun 3, 2008
Linz
There's this... Blinker - Button LED Notification

Still early days, but if he's got direct control over those buttons he might be able to change the timeout, and the app answers zyborg's post in any case.

I can't find the timeout... I guess its the same timeout like for the Lockscreen 5000ms.
I could only do a workarround, something like everytime when the light turns off... my app turns it on. But thats a little bit dirty ;-)

Last edited:

jeebspawnshop

Feb 6, 2008
I imagine that this will not be easy, as there is a development thread over in the SGS forum about Back Light Notifications (BLN).

It can only be achieved through flashing a modified kernel - and as I understand it, the dev tried many different methods to get it to work until deciding on the current method.