[Q] HTC ONE won't power one. Blinking home and back button

Search This thread

Erv92

Jun 9, 2014
I recently installed the newest update for my HTC ONE. My phone is not rooted nor running a custom ROM. It was running well with the newest update for about a day, I turned it off one night after updating it and now it will no longer turn on. Whenever I press the power button the back and home button flash. Any clue to what's happening? The phone is charging and it shows me the charging screen. e

andybones

Retired Forum Moderator / Inactive RD
May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
I recently installed the newest update for my HTC ONE. My phone is not rooted nor running a custom ROM. It was running well with the newest update for about a day, I turned it off one night after updating it and now it will no longer turn on. Whenever I press the power button the back and home button flash. Any clue to what's happening? The phone is charging and it shows me the charging screen. e

Broken power button?

durgis

Feb 12, 2010
I should have also said that when I press the power button I can get the battery charging display on the scree to turn on and off. So I'm not sure if the power button is the issue.

I believe that there is battery protection circuitry that will not allow you to turn on the phone until it's charged. Leave it on the charger for a few hours, up to 24, and try again.

Reactions: Erv92

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I should have also said that when I press the power button I can get the battery charging display on the scree to turn on and off. So I'm not sure if the power button is the issue.

I believe that there is battery protection circuitry that will not allow you to turn on the phone until it's charged. Leave it on the charger for a few hours, up to 24, and try again.