[ROM] [i9195] Impacted ROM v1 - TouchWiz with CM-like customisation

Search This thread

lofty5

Mar 2, 2012
Seriously impact this rom is ****ing great. Will you be keeping it up to date etc?

Last edited:

rpgdev

Jul 31, 2011
I like to thank this rom for making me realize that I didn't need custom roms, just xposed framework. Thanks! :cool:

Reactions: alessa

sean222

ROM is working great, thanks! It DID bootloop for me, until I flashed Vikinger kernel. Flashed this on my wife's phone for her since TW works better on this phone for the camera and she has the flip cover with the window which is crappy on AOSP/CM Roms. Now that I think of it...I didn't even notice the Xposed app anywhere...not that it matters...flashed this ROM for the core tweaks, working great. Thanks again!!!

impactor

Jan 6, 2011
Kraków
Some News claim, that Galaxy S4 Mini will be upgrade to KK 4.4.2, possibly even in June. Do you have intentions to upgrade Imnpacted ROM when this is available?
In fact, 4.4.2 from Samsung already is available.

The answer is yes - I will most likely update the ROM to v2 (and I will also want to include F2FS support). In any case, we have to wait until new custom kernels are released. f4ction already expressed strong inclination to work on it, so it should not be long.

alessa

Jul 5, 2008
ok good .

the f4ction kernel is not stable to the 4.2.2 ....the phone is most hot with this kernel ...

Loulou-13

Aug 24, 2013
Marseille
hi !

An update is useless for the moment because the member "themer" named rrgrrg have said that it's too hard or impossible to "play" with this new hight encryption system ...

And no custom kernel avalaible too .... F4K have promised a new kernel for stock KK when it will be released "correctly" with more countries ,versions ...

rrgrrg

Aug 31, 2012
Alexandria
rrgrrgofficial.wordpress.com
hi !
An update is useless for the moment because the member "themer" named rrgrrg have said that it's too hard or impossible to "play" with this new high encryption system ...
And no custom kernel available too .... F4K have promised a new kernel for stock KK when it will be released "correctly" with more countries ,versions ...
"for now" okay :D ... right now im searching how to mod it but it seems its a "ShadowProtect Incremental Image" .. its a sort of compressed bitmap with encryption to make it lighter :rolleyes: ..still digging :p

also there is a all-root just released by famous jailbreaker geohot :D .. its called towelroot and its a donation project to root all androids for free :D ... the tool is here u can use it on kitkat and it should work :cowboy:

rpgdev

Jul 31, 2011
Weirdest rom. I posted a few months back because BLN didn't work on my phone using this ROM, now I'm on it and it works (I bought another phone since the last one was stolen). So far so good. Thanks!

As a side note guys, why do you want stock KK so badly? Right now there's a lot of community development not yet available for it. For example BLN which I personally can't live without it. I come from stock KK, my phone came with it, and as it is right now I rather JB until the community catches up.

impactor

Jan 6, 2011
Kraków
After six months, these are the download statistics for the Impacted ROM.
These are statistics for the download page, not this XDA thread. Therefore, it is much more accurate a measure.

Total downloads: 1402

Downloads per country

NiNLTOs.png

jKEtmJZ.png
JOqLNlj.png
B0gofk5.png

Downloader's Operating System
ywbihMB.png

YDbHpUM.png

Downloader's browser
MYPHw9l.png

I am glad my work found this many users :)

pedromms86

Mar 21, 2013
offical 4.4.4

Can we expect a 4.4.4 version when samsung release ? witch will be in this month

impactor

Jan 6, 2011
Kraków
Can we expect a 4.4.4 version when samsung release ? witch will be in this month
Not until there is a decent custom TouchWiz kernel available. And by decent, I mean supporting:
  • f2fs
  • useful governors (intellidemand, for example)
  • undervolting and overclocing
  • BLN

The only person who releases decent, full-featured kernels for i9195 is f4ktion. He makes superb kernels for CyanogenMod, and he even released a TW 4.4.2 kernel, too, but that one was just a proof of concept and lacks any of the aforementioned features.

I suggest you start nagging him ( for example in his main kernel thread here ) about compiling a TW kernel with features he puts into his CM kernels.

Until such a kernel is available, it is not worthwhile for me to work on KitKat TW rom.

Last edited:
Reactions: Whitest

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Impacted ROM

version 1
    Will there be a KitKat update of this ROM?
    Read here.

Latest JB Samsung TouchWiz
    XXUBNB3 (28th February 2014), Android 4.2.2

Why this ROM?

I was using CM-based ROMs since ever, because of their customisability and poweruser options I required. However, I always missed the better camera quality of the TW rom.
    Finally, I decided to quit compromising and so I put this ROM together.

Features:
    • Knox kicked to the curb, along with its apps
    • rooted
    • BusyBox and init.d
    • Zipaligned
    • odexed (for better performance)
    • compatible with modern recoveries (like PhilZ)

Extras included:
    • Xposed framework + Wanam + XuiMod - enables customization of TouchWiz rom on the level comparable with custom AOSP/CM roms. But make sure you know how to use it!
    • GPS modified for faster lock and better performance
    • AdAway

How to flash:
    1. Get into recovery (I use PhilZ, but any should work)
    2. Flash the ROM
    3. Reboot and let it bootloop for a minute. It will not boot, and this is normal.
    4. Force reboot into recovery
    5. Flash Vikinger kernel (for BLN support) or f4ktion kernel (for overclocking/undervolting). Warning: f4ktion kernels has a bug - read here. Let me know if it is not affecting you, should you decide to try f4ktion kernel.
    6. Reboot.

Steps 3 and 4 might not be necessary. See for yourself and report back if skipping them works for you.
    First proper boot may take several minutes as the phone comes to grips with how awesome ROM it will now run.

Extra steps for those who want to get max performance out of their phones with f4ktion kernel:

7. Edit file /system/etc/init.d/90hardlimit - change HARDLIMIT_VALUE to 2052000
    8. Use program like Trickstermod to overclock and/or undervolt. My i9195 works on 2052 MHz with all voltages lowered by 150mV

In terms of looks, it starts just as regular TouchWiz,
    Samsung-Galaxy-S4-Mini-screenshot-1.jpg

and then you can make it look what you want.

This is mine:
    Screenshot_2014-04-05-21-46-43.png
    Screenshot_2014-04-05-21-46-53.png
    Screenshot_2014-04-05-21-47-30.png

Yes, it has battery bar.

Enjoy and prosper.

ROM DOWNLOAD

UPDATE:
    ROM usage statistics since publication: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=56442984&postcount=73

Some News claim, that Galaxy S4 Mini will be upgrade to KK 4.4.2, possibly even in June. Do you have intentions to upgrade Imnpacted ROM when this is available?
    In fact, 4.4.2 from Samsung already is available.

The answer is yes - I will most likely update the ROM to v2 (and I will also want to include F2FS support). In any case, we have to wait until new custom kernels are released. f4ction already expressed strong inclination to work on it, so it should not be long.
    Is there a 9190 version in the works? :p
    No.

good job, I missed TW on CM
    Wilk you make kitkat version of impacted rom?
    If Samsung ever releases TouchWiz based on KitKat, then it will be possible.
    hi !
    An update is useless for the moment because the member "themer" named rrgrrg have said that it's too hard or impossible to "play" with this new high encryption system ...
    And no custom kernel available too .... F4K have promised a new kernel for stock KK when it will be released "correctly" with more countries ,versions ...
    "for now" okay :D ... right now im searching how to mod it but it seems its a "ShadowProtect Incremental Image" .. its a sort of compressed bitmap with encryption to make it lighter :rolleyes: ..still digging :p

also there is a all-root just released by famous jailbreaker geohot :D .. its called towelroot and its a donation project to root all androids for free :D ... the tool is here u can use it on kitkat and it should work :cowboy:
    it's possible to have a completely "debloated" version ...and "XS" Gapps ( Strict necessary ) ? ...but by preserving some interestings functions (dlna...)
    Yes, it's possible but a bit pointless because as it is now, everyone can remove what he/she wants after the room is installed by using Titanium Backup, SDMaid or any other program of this sort.