[GT-I930x/T/N][SHV-E210*][SHW-M440S] CF-Auto-Root

Search This thread

avanteuser

Apr 6, 2016
Hello, noob user here but have just flashed stock 4.3 Optus Australian rom to my 19305 after soft bricking it. I need to get root access or find at least find a carrier unlocked australian compatible rom. Any ideas where to go or what to do?. Thx in advance

Altair571

Nov 26, 2015
Hi i have a samsung galaxy s5 with INS csc(specs below) tring to get root on stock marshmallow 6.0.1

MODEL: SM-G900I
ANDROID VERSION: 6.0.1
AP: G900IDDU1CPD1
CP: G900IDDU1CPC1
CSC: G900IODD1CPC3 (INS)(INDIA)

jijit

Sep 27, 2016
Hi, I have an Samsung Galaxy SIII Mini and could not find any solution, Cydia does not work :( I have Macbook os x yosemite. Cydia says not found any exploit to jailbreak your device. Please any suggestions? Thank you :)

spiritflare01

Sep 19, 2015
Toronto
Survive root though monthly security updates?

Hi

I have rooted and installed SuperSU on Nexus. Every month Google updates the security patch level. Do I have to re-root, (reflash SuperSU from recovery) every month?

ZB_69

Apr 11, 2010
hi Chainfire,

had a break this afternoon to launch Illustrator to tweak a little the red droid displayed when rooting. hope you like it.

thanks for your hard work.

Attachments

• cfautoroot.png
    cfautoroot.png
    22.3 KB · Views: 109

MaxLiberty

Sep 16, 2016
Error Error Error

Dear Doctor,

I really wanted this to work on the first go, but as i learned in kindergarten: A noob stays a noob. At least for a while.

In ODIN, after I did EVERYTHING Master Chinfire said to do, I hit "Start", but the proccess stops and says "Succeed 0/ Failed 1".
So i couldn't finish with the download +
The Galaxy sims to be stuck on "Downloading" +
I can't figure how to attach a screen shot of th error for you +
Im crying over here!!!

Please help.
TNX.

---------- Post added at 01:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 AM ----------

(I Figured how to exit Odin mode) Back to Square one: How to root, after that FAILED message???

MaxLiberty

Sep 16, 2016
Still no root for me. I have watched all the Utube videos.
:(

Guys have i reached the right place to solve me prob? Cant you redirect me if in the wrong place?
TNX

djs2571

Jan 17, 2017
newark,ny
SM-G900R4 works with V6.0.1

First time rooter here, have a US cellular galaxy S5 (SM-G900R4), unlocked from the network before I bought the phone, no SIM installed, recently updated OTA with V6.0.1 dec 1, 2016 patch level.
Ran the CF-auto root, and it ran without bricking the device. I do get a "set warranty bit" message on the first boot screen though.
I'm mentioning this since it was only guaranteed for android V5.0, and it looks successful on 6.0.1.
Link was through androidcentral.us/2014/04/how-to-root-us-cellular-galaxy-s5-sm-g900r4
linked to download.chainfire.eu/404/CF-Root1/CF-Auto-Root-klteusc-klteusc-smg900r4.zip
Ran it with the included ODIN software and it worked fine. Installed titanium backup and it did get superuser permissions... so this version worked.

Reactions: jeanesyue@gmail.com

SocrasPt

Jul 3, 2017
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> CF-Auto-Root-m0-m0xx-gti9300.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/007> Added!!
<ID:0/007> Odin engine v(ID:3.1005)..
<ID:0/007> File analysis..
<ID:0/007> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/007> Initialzation..
<ID:0/007> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/007> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/007> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/007> recovery.img
<ID:0/007> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/007> cache.img
<ID:0/007> FAIL!
<ID:0/007>
<ID:0/007> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Please Help

ringetje

May 5, 2009
2013.05.20 --- CF-Auto-Root

SuperSU: v1.30

Download:

GT-I9300: CF-Auto-Root-m0-m0xx-gti9300.zip
GT-I9300T: CF-Auto-Root-m0-m0du-gti9300t.zip
GT-I9305: CF-Auto-Root-m3-m3zh-gti9305.zip
GT-I9305T: CF-Auto-Root-m3-m3dv-gti9305t.zip
GT-I9305N: CF-Auto-Root-m3-m3swexx-gti9305n.zip

SHV-E210K: CF-Auto-Root-c1ktt-c1ktt-shve210k.zip
SHV-E210L: CF-Auto-Root-c1lgt-c1lgt-shve210l.zip
SHV-E210S: CF-Auto-Root-c1skt-c1skt-shve210s.zip

SHW-M440S: CF-Auto-Root-m0skt-m0skt-shwm440s.zip

--- History ---

2013.05.20: SuperSU v1.30
2013.02.20: SuperSU v1.05
2012.12.02: SuperSU v0.98
2012.10.26: SuperSU v0.96

Hi, when I click the link for GT-I9300: CF-Auto-Root-m0-m0xx-gti9300.zip I get an warning that there is a problem with this website’s security certificate. I tried with 2 different browsers. Could you check this please?
Thanks in advance.

Ringetje

Reactions: hartonok

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Check your device model ! Settings -> About device -> Model number. See the third post for exact supported model numbers. If your device is a totally different model, it will not work (may even brick) !

CF-Root is the root for "rooting beginners" and those who want to keep as close to stock as possible. CF-Root is meant to be used in combination with stock Samsung firmwares, and be the quickest and easiest way for your first root.

Donate
    CF-Root has been available for many devices and has clocked over 8 million downloads. This is not even counting custom ROMs that already include it. Don't be a leech, buy me a beer (and use the "Thanks" button!). Imagine if every CF-Root user has donated me $1...

What's installed
    - SuperSU binary and APK
    - Stock recovery

Installation and usage
    Flash the CF-Auto-Root package as PDA in ODIN (details on how to do that are in next post), and your device should reboot into a modified recovery (signified by a large red Android logo) and it will install SuperSU for you and restore the stock recovery, and reboot back into Android.

If you don't get to the red Android logo, boot into recovery manually ("adb reboot recovery", or boot while holding Power+VolUp+Home).

Using this root increases your flash counter. You should run Triangle Away (see below) after rooting to reset the counter. Note that if you want to run custom kernels or custom recoveries, your flash counter will be set to 1 at every boot. Either configure Triangle Away to reset the counter at every boot (Play version only) or only reset the counter when you need to go into warranty.

Did you see the red Android logo during rooting, but SuperSU does not appear? This may sometimes occur due to left-over files and settings, however, you can usually install SuperSU from Google Play at this stage and it'll just work.

Not included - Triangle Away
    Triangle Away can be used to reset the flash counter after installing CF-Root. The flash counter keeps track of how many custom firmwares you have flashed, as this voids warranty. (No idea what this about ? Read up on it, you will want to use this !)

Not included - adbd Insecure
    As this CF-Root does not include a custom kernel, adb shell does not have root access by default (you can still get it by typing su inside the shell), nor is adb remount supported, nor will adb push and adb pull work on system files. adbd Insecure can be used to remedy this situation. (No idea what this is about ? Don't worry about it !)

CF-Auto-Root homepage
    http://autoroot.chainfire.eu/

CF-Auto-Root main thread
    [CENTRAL] CF-Auto-Root
    For requests for new roots and generic discussion - please keep device specific discussion in the thread you are viewing now.

No CWM and such ?
    I have personally moved away from permanent custom recoveries, and I am no longer supporting them. On newer devices they cause flash counter and OTA flashing issues. If you really want one, others do provide versions of CWM and TWRP for most devices. Personally I just use Mobile ODIN to install ZIPs and Titanium Backup for my backup/restore needs. I do always want root though, and as such I'm still supporting CF-Auto-Root as quick way to root.
    ODIN Installation (detailed)

- Follow these instructions to the letter. Do not touch any buttons or checkboxes that are not listed below to touch!
    - Unzip the attached Odin3-vX.X.zip file
    - Download and unzip the CF-Auto-Root-....zip file (see posts below this one)
    - If you end up with a recovery.img and cache.img file, you've extracted twice. You need to end up with a .tar.md5 file - don't extract that one
    - (USB) Disconnect your phone from your computer
    - Start Odin3-vX.X.exe
    - Click the PDA button, and select CF-Auto-Root-....tar.md5
    - Put your phone in download mode (turn off phone, then hold VolDown+Home+Power to boot - if it asks you to press a button to continue, press the listed button, or run adb reboot download command)
    - (USB) Connect the phone to your computer
    - Make sure Repartition is NOT checked
    - Click the Start button
    - Wait for Android to boot
    - Done (if it took you more than 30 seconds, you need practise!)

- NOTE: Sometimes the device does *not* boot into recovery mode and root your device. Just do the entire procedure again if this happens. If it still will not install root and such, make sure that in Odin "Auto Reboot" is not checked. Then after flashing, pull the battery, and boot with VolUp+Home+Power button to boot into recovery manually. This will start the install process.

New to Samsung? Unfamiliar with Odin? Think all the above is a hassle? Get used to it. It's very simple, and us Samsung folk use Odin (or Mobile ODIN ;)) for everything! It's so very very convenient once you get used to it. Notice the 30 second comment above? For experienced users, the entire process indeed takes only 30 seconds!

You may now optionally want to install and run Triangle Away to reset the flash counter.
    2013.05.20 --- CF-Auto-Root

SuperSU: v1.30

Download:

GT-I9300: CF-Auto-Root-m0-m0xx-gti9300.zip
    GT-I9300T: CF-Auto-Root-m0-m0du-gti9300t.zip
    GT-I9305: CF-Auto-Root-m3-m3zh-gti9305.zip
    GT-I9305T: CF-Auto-Root-m3-m3dv-gti9305t.zip
    GT-I9305N: CF-Auto-Root-m3-m3swexx-gti9305n.zip

SHV-E210K: CF-Auto-Root-c1ktt-c1ktt-shve210k.zip
    SHV-E210L: CF-Auto-Root-c1lgt-c1lgt-shve210l.zip
    SHV-E210S: CF-Auto-Root-c1skt-c1skt-shve210s.zip

SHW-M440S: CF-Auto-Root-m0skt-m0skt-shwm440s.zip

--- History ---

2013.05.20: SuperSU v1.30
    2013.02.20: SuperSU v1.05
    2012.12.02: SuperSU v0.98
    2012.10.26: SuperSU v0.96
    I've updated the I9300 download with the ELLC recovery.
    All CF-Auto-Root's have been updated with SuperSU v1.05 today !