[APP] Localized Apps

Search This thread

thiagolr

Mar 25, 2011
www.thiagorosa.com.br
Download: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.wiirecords.localizedapps

This app allows you to create shortcuts and choose which language each shortcut will use.

Extremely useful for people who like to use the phone in english and want to use a specific app on another language!

EXAMPLE: android system in english and run google maps in portuguese

Using a localized shortcut is slower because it has to change the language and then change it back after exiting the app. Please be patient!

The localization depends on the 3rd party app, this app will not translate it!

Android does not have support to launch applications on different languages. The workaround is to change the system language during the app execution.

You should use ISO639 languages (en, pt, fr, es, de, it, etc) and ISO3166 countries (US, BR, FR, ES, DE, IT, etc).

screenshot_480x854_en_main-168x300.png
screenshot_480x854_en_select-168x300.png
screenshot_480x854_en_shortcut-168x300.png

Dave-Kay

Feb 24, 2011
Düsseldorf
Now that's a nice one! YAY :)
Though not fitting my needs :(
Tried to tell Navigon to speak to me in german, but it won't. Everything is the UI is german, but the voice keeps telling me the stuff in english. Am i doing anything wrong?
i entered de an DE
THX anyway!

thiagolr

Mar 25, 2011
www.thiagorosa.com.br
Dave,

If you go to settings -> languages and change it to german. And then open navigation (NOT from my app's shortcut), does it speak in german?

Did you create a shortcut for maps or for navigation?

Thanks!

Reactions: Dave-Kay

jfmart

Jan 12, 2008
Huawei Mediapad M3
I've tried it with Navigon from spanish to english and it works (both menus and speech), but doesn't go back to spanish when I exit the app. Is that the expected behavior?

Last edited:

Dave-Kay

Feb 24, 2011
Düsseldorf
Dave,

If you go to settings -> languages and change it to german. And then open navigation (NOT from my app's shortcut), does it speak in german?

Did you create a shortcut for maps or for navigation?

Thanks!

OK, that fault was up to me! I checked Language settings and they were messed up. i switched back to english and made a new icon which works fine till now.
THX!

So ehm, isnt this supposed to restore back to default lanuage after you are done with an app ? I just tried Localized Apps and it doesnt restore it :(

Ok I noticed this did work for maps but not for Navigon, I am not sure if its Navigon fault or if its because I use tasker to increase media sound and brightness when running the app and then lower them back to default afterwards.

Last edited:
I did some more testing, I disabled tasker and created a new shortcut to NAVIGON, and still it did not swap back to correct language afterwards. It do work with other apps but just not navigon for some odd reason.

I do have a feature request:
Can you implement so that your app appear on the list of supported shortcuts making apps ? eg when you long press on the home screen and select shortcuts then your app will be on that list. This means that apps like Folder Organzier can create a shortcuts using your app.

rodak

Apr 8, 2010
Landskrona
Don´t work with Google Navigation.
I want my phone language to be in english but navigation in swedish.
When i try to launch navigation it just FC´s
Maps works in swedish, but when i launch it that way and want it to navigate for me tha launguage is changed back to english since Maps launches Navigation and your app registers it as i have quited maps.
Any solution?

Galaxy S2

lukesan

May 1, 2009
I did some more testing, I disabled tasker and created a new shortcut to NAVIGON, and still it did not swap back to correct language afterwards. It do work with other apps but just not navigon for some odd reason.

I do have a feature request:
Can you implement so that your app appear on the list of supported shortcuts making apps ? eg when you long press on the home screen and select shortcuts then your app will be on that list. This means that apps like Folder Organzier can create a shortcuts using your app.

Same issue here.
I am using MIUI on my DHD and would love to have Navigon (wish I knew thise before I bought it) in my own language.
It works perfectly going into my language but when I close Navigon everything is in MIUI language which I am not to good in (except for eating the food)

thiagolr

Mar 25, 2011
www.thiagorosa.com.br
all,
thanks for the feedback! i will check what's wrong with navigation! i will update this thread once I find the issue!

ghazkul
about the feature request, I will check what I can do!

thanks!

thiagolr

Mar 25, 2011
www.thiagorosa.com.br
A new version is available!

News:
* Navigation fixed
* Feature: now this app is a shortcut installer (it will appear on the shortcuts menu)
* Bug fixes

Known Issues:
* Navigation search by voice is not working (it is changing the language back to original), i will try to fix it on the next version!

lukesan

May 1, 2009
A new version is available!

News:
* Navigation fixed
* Feature: now this app is a shortcut installer (it will appear on the shortcuts menu)
* Bug fixes

Known Issues:
* Navigation search by voice is not working (it is changing the language back to original), i will try to fix it on the next version!

Still not working on my DHD with miui

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Download: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.wiirecords.localizedapps

This app allows you to create shortcuts and choose which language each shortcut will use.

Extremely useful for people who like to use the phone in english and want to use a specific app on another language!

EXAMPLE: android system in english and run google maps in portuguese

Using a localized shortcut is slower because it has to change the language and then change it back after exiting the app. Please be patient!

The localization depends on the 3rd party app, this app will not translate it!

Android does not have support to launch applications on different languages. The workaround is to change the system language during the app execution.

You should use ISO639 languages (en, pt, fr, es, de, it, etc) and ISO3166 countries (US, BR, FR, ES, DE, IT, etc).

screenshot_480x854_en_main-168x300.png
    screenshot_480x854_en_select-168x300.png
    screenshot_480x854_en_shortcut-168x300.png
    Guys, if you are rooted, the best solution is Xposed Framework + App Settings MOD which allows you to override (not only) language settings per app. It works well, the rest of the system stays in your original language. Recommended.
    It will only work up to 4.1.2! =(
    Google changed some permissions and the app is not allowed to change the phone settings anymore...

I created another APK to be used on rooted devices:
    1) Remove the previous APK (this is important, you shouldn't have any apk installed)
    2) Copy the attached APK to /system/app/
    3) Reboot

Thanks!
    New version released with a few bugs fixed! =)
    Sure!

You should try MoreLocale2:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.co.c_lis.ccl.morelocale

This app sets the defaul language to anything you want!