Telstra One XL Thread - RUU Added to OP

Search This thread

vangoogle

Aug 1, 2007
Since moving to Android I've been trying to find a way of buying music on my phone but i haven't been able to find anything. Does anyone have a suggest for me to try?

I don't want any streaming services either

thanks

If you are paying for it cant u just get it from Bigpond music, which would be shortcut on the phone I assume since u are in the Telstra RUU thread.

00Scott00

Jul 26, 2011
Brisbane
Does anyone have a working link to a one XL Telstra ruu? The links in the OP are not working for me...

Oops, sorry, just found them a couple of pages back...

Last edited:

w0tha

Jun 30, 2012
I've seen one successfull Telstra S-OFF without changing their CID from TELST_001 to 111111111.

Anyone else managed to do it?

Reactions: r_usty

pablo11

Jun 23, 2007
Down Under
I tried without super cid and it failed. Hex edited mine and it worked first time :)

If you check the s-off thread you will see someone has posted that "fastboot writecid *******" works. Make sure you check there before you try it!!!

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Reactions: w0tha

ken bentley

Nov 2, 2011
Tasmania
I tried without super cid and it failed. Hex edited mine and it worked first time :)

If you check the s-off thread you will see someone has posted that "fastboot writecid *******" works. Make sure you check there before you try it!!!

Mine was already cid11111111111 don't remember super cid. I just unlocked through HTC DEV.

w0tha

Jun 30, 2012

So you went through this method to get your CID reading 11111111? Then ran the S-OFF scripts?

If so then I'll give this a whirl tonight and if it works i'll update my Telstra guide with these steps.

agbart

Feb 20, 2011
So you went through this method to get your CID reading 11111111? Then ran the S-OFF scripts?

If so then I'll give this a whirl tonight and if it works i'll update my Telstra guide with these steps.

You can do it that way or just use Root Explorer to copy the mmcblk0p4 file out, hex edit it and then put it back in replacing the original. Just make sure to set the permissions right.

Danthemanz

Jul 23, 2010
Sydney
Gaining S-off under Hboot 2.14

I have a Telstra One XL, its running Hboot 2.14 as it was updated to JB OTA before I got it :(

EDIT: I have now performed the following and ive got superCID and S-Off :victory:
I really thought i was going to be stuck on S-On 2.14 for ever...

Since I have unlocked the bootloader through HTC already and have root/recovery, I believe I need to perform the following ordered tasks to gain SuperCID and Full S-Off, can someone please confirm ive come up with the right steps and havent missed anything?
From what ive read I shouldn’t need to re-flash any other RUUs, perform any wipes or anything since im HTC unlocked and rooted and although de-bloated, im on a stock rom.

You can use the following as a rough guide if you are a Telstra user looking to gain S-Off in a similar situation as above.
Please read the linked threads in their entirety, this post isnt a guide, its more of a check list.

1. Go here, use Hex editor to gain SuperCID using steps 1-11
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1671396

2. Confirm SuperCID
There are references to people using “fastboot writecid 1111111” instead of using the hex editor, I would prefer this, but will do more reading before trying it, suspect Hex editing is required. Edit. I believe this might just be for people who have SuperCID but it isnt detecting it.

Start the S-off process linked below:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2155071

3. Download Soffbin3.zip and OneX.zip from the thread.
4. Reboot into fastboot, then rebootRUU
5. flash OneX.zip
6. fastboot oem boot
7. Boot into Android and issue the following commands

adb push soffbin3 /data/local/tmp/
adb shell chmod 744 /data/local/tmp/soffbin3
adb shell su -c "/data/local/tmp/soffbin3"

8. Boot into bootloader and check S-off.

You should now have SuperCID and S-off. Let the kernel hacking begin!

Now we can downgrade the Touchpanel’s firmware I can start with AOSP once im SuperCID and S-Off.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2159863

-Daniel

Last edited:

juicejuice

Jul 15, 2007
Gold Coast
I believe it need to perform the following ordered tasks to gain SuperCID and Full S-Off, can someone please confirm ive come up with the right steps and havent missed anything?

What you listed sounds about right. I don't know about SuperCID on Hboot 2.14, you might have to read up on that. Worst case, use the JET method to downgrade your bootloader so you can achieve SuperCID.

JET: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1982442

So just to reconfirm, for full S-OFF you will need:
  1. unlocked bootloader
  2. SuperCID
  3. Facepalm S-OFF

---------- Post added at 12:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 AM ----------

For the benefit of the thread, I achieved S-OFF on my Telstra One XL using the facepalm method with SuperCID. I had to use the mmcblk0p4 method for SuperCID, as the "fastboot writecid 11111111" did not work for me.

FWIW my phone is on CyanogenMod 10.1 with Hboot 1.11.

Danthemanz

Jul 23, 2010
Sydney
Thanks. I havent managed to find anything about SuperCID and 2.14, ive seen people who have upgraded to 2.14 after having SuperCID, so we know it works in that order. Im thinking it will be ok, i may have to go first...:p

I have read that Jet wont work for downgrading from Hboot 2.14, i remember reading that long before S-off was an option.

Edit. Success! S-Off and no more boot loops when flashing kernels :)

Last edited:

pablo11

Jun 23, 2007
Down Under
Ok guys,

Has anyone flashed back to stock with S-Off yet?

I'm planning to flash back to stock and OTA the JB update.

I know it sounds silly but I have my reasons :D

agbart

Feb 20, 2011
Ok guys,

Has anyone flashed back to stock with S-Off yet?

I'm planning to flash back to stock and OTA the JB update.

I know it sounds silly but I have my reasons :D

Yep, I did it to remove the tampered text on my bootloader screen. It works fine, I ran the 1.89 RUU and you don't even need to relock the bootloader.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Telstra have released the One XL. But unlike the Americans, we get 32GB :cool:

All custom ROMs work on the Aussie One XL :good:

RESOURCES

[GUIDE] Telstra One XL - Root/Unlock/Recovery/ROMs/APN/Tweaks

Telstra One app

1.81 RUU
    1.89 RUU

Rooted & Deodexed Stock Telstra ROMs by radavs
    One Click Unlock (ozjubb has modified the One Click Unlock to work with our Telstra One XL)

------------------------------

Build.prop Edits
    Most custom ROMs are not optimised for Telstra. Edit these values in your build.prop to get the best HSPA+ speeds and HD Voice:

Code:
    ro.ril.hsdpa.category=24
    ro.ril.enable.amr.wideband=1

Telstra APN Settings

Most custom ROMs won't have the correct APN due to the ATT crap, so you'll need to enter these manually.

(Internet)
    Name: Telstra Internet
    APN: Telstra.wap
    Proxy: 10.1.1.181
    Port: 80
    APN type: default
    Leave other fields unchanged

(MMS)
    Name: Telstra MMS
    APN: Telstra.mms
    MMSC: http://mmsc.telstra.com:8002
    MMS proxy: 10.1.1.180
    MMS port: 80
    APN type: mms
    Leave other fields unchanged
    I remembered at one stage I downloaded a zip called 'Telstra Customisations', which I think contained the changes to a cooked rom to enable the Telstra stuff. Maybe it will provide some answers or clues?
    Thanks, looks like its editing the same files we've been playing with. Didn't see any extra config in them that would help :(

Edit: PROGRESS!!! It is 100% the User Agent settings that I thought before.

A stock telstra build will report the following (used http://useragentstring.com/):
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.3; en-au; HTC EVA_UL Build/IML74K) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30
    CleanROM 4.5 shows the following:
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.4; en-us; PJ83100/1.82.502.3 Build/IMM76D) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30

So I installed Dolphin Browser which allows you to configure a custom User Agent and pasted in the stock Telstra one.....low and behold. The correct bigpond webpage is shown, you can access Foxtel, watch V8 Supercars content etc. Now to retry building a 4.0.4 ROM with build.prop and whatever xml config is required to have the UA string generated to be exactly the same as the stock one!

My wild stab in the dark is that the most critical bit of info is HTC EVA_UL Build/IML74K. But the only part that seems to come from the build.prop is IML74K. The EVA_UL part isn't sourced from build.prop but does show up in system/customize/MNS/default.xml. Maybe I stuffed up cooking a ROM for the RUU after I made those changes...

And one more edit... SOLVED! Changes don't take effect even after clear cache/dalvik and reboot. BUT if you make the below changes, wipe data, reboot and then add APN.....bigpond portal works.

system/customize/MNS/default.xml
    Code:
          <function name="ua_string">
            <set name="single">
              <item name="value">[COLOR="Red"]HTC EVA_UL[/COLOR]</item>

<function name="ua_profile">
            <set name="single">
              <item name="value">[COLOR="red"]http://www.htcmms.com.tw/Android/Telstra/PJ831/ua-profile.xml[/COLOR]</item>
            </set>

And attached build.prop, key items were:
    Code:
    ro.build.id=[COLOR="Red"]IML74K[/COLOR]
    ro.build.display.id=[COLOR="red"]IML74K[/COLOR]
    ro.build.fingerprint=htc_asia_wwe/evita/evita:4.0.4/[COLOR="Red"]IML74K[/COLOR]/82475.2:user/release-keys

Sucks that the changes don't work on the fly, can't be stuffed setting everything up again right now lol.
    Telstra Stock Rooted De-odexed

being uploaded atm

Will post in Dev and here when ready(approx. 4/5 hrs)
    hey guys, got a question has anyone been able to get mobile foxtel to work running cleanrom ?? the foxtel app or m.bigpond.com errors about un supported device, yet stock standard one xl works fine. could it be before the phone comes up as a htc one x instead of one xl in info section ? this should be possible to change in the build.prop ?

thanks david

woohoo it worked! How about that, first time I ever tried anything like that.

I changed everything I mentioned in my previous post, but I also changed a few other bits and pieces, like the wide bandwidth for call setting on, as well as all the cid's back to TELST001

This is my edited build prop, based on Scott's CleanRom 4.0 DE (all credit to him , I changed nothing except stock telstra lines)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8757068/HTC/build.zip

This is a list of all the changes

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8757068/HTC/Build Prop Changes CleanROM 4 for Telstra.txt

The usual disclosure I guess, I am only just running around the phone now, and it appears fine, but I certainly backed it up first!! Don't yell at me if it breaks ya phone!

Foxtel now works :laugh:

use the dropbox links above, attached files not working