Bugs or defective Phone?

Search This thread

Mr_Jay_jay

May 8, 2012
Chi-Town!!
Alright guys I've been having issues with my phone for quite some time now, I think they started since the release of JB 4.3, I don't recall havving issues with 4.2.2 but who knows, ever since I upgraded to 4.3 I had the following I'm almost certain that it my device that is defective cause I read thru quite a few threads and I didn't see people complaining about the same issues as me, so Here's what's going on maybe someone out there is going thru the same.

Please know that I had the same issues wether I use TW or any google or AOSP rom.

1.- Phone calls, somewhat often when making/answering calls I cant hear the other person, it seems that they cant hear me neither, so I just hang up and re-call again and it goes thru, this happens both during wi-fi calling or just using regular signal.

2.-Camera won't focus I open my camera and and the image is blurry, I tap on the screen to focus but it won';t do it, so I just close it and open it again sometime I do this couple of time and then the camera works fine.

I guess all I'm looking for is a confirmation more than anything, since I have insurance, I can always take my phone into a t-mo store and get it replaced for $5 and get it replaced within 24hrs...

Currently running Darthstalker X1 with latest Modem...

Thank you guys and appreciate any info, opinion, or whatever u can offer!! :D:D:D

Mr_Jay_jay

May 8, 2012
Chi-Town!!
Have you tried just going to plain stock with Odin to see if it also happens?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

You know that's about the only thing I haven't tried, I just don't want to deal with the Knox Security.. but I guess that I have to do it to find out for sure...

Or should I try to odin back to 4.2.2??
\
I think I'm going to try that...

serio22

Jul 1, 2012
Houston
If you're still on 4.2.2 bootloader then yeah Odin to 4.2.2 otherwise do 4.3

serio22

Jul 1, 2012
Houston
what happens if I'm on 4.3 and I downgrade back to 4.2.2?? I hope I don't get a brick because I got odin started!! LMAO!!

Edit No brick LOL.. booting back up!!

You were able to downgrade to 4.2.2 via Odin? That was pretty risky, I was on the s3 forums before my s4 and quite a few people kept bricking their phones attempting to downgrade to 4.1.2 in Odin from 4.3.. Don't know how it is with s4 though

Mr_Jay_jay

May 8, 2012
Chi-Town!!
You were able to downgrade to 4.2.2 via Odin? That was pretty risky, I was on the s3 forums before my s4 and quite a few people kept bricking their phones attempting to downgrade to 4.1.2 in Odin from 4.3.. Don't know how it is with s4 though

Weird.. I also had the s3, well mi wife still has it.. I didn't know, but If I have to guess if would have something to do with Knox Security.. I upgraded my s4 the XDA way... not OTA, I flashed a knox free Rom, and later I odin the modem.. so probably that's why... any way.. it worked I downgraded successfully, now about my issues I think it's the phone, I opened my camera to a blurry screen and it wouldn't focus.. so I'm stoppin by T-mo store to get it exchanged...

serio22

Jul 1, 2012
Houston
Weird.. I also had the s3, well mi wife still has it.. I didn't know, but If I have to guess if would have something to do with Knox Security.. I upgraded my s4 the XDA way... not OTA, I flashed a knox free Rom, and later I odin the modem.. so probably that's why... any way.. it worked I downgraded successfully, now about my issues I think it's the phone, I opened my camera to a blurry screen and it wouldn't focus.. so I'm stoppin by T-mo store to get it exchanged...

Oh then yeah you still had the 4.2.2 bootloader so that's why it was ok.. Sounds like the problem is with the phone so yeah you need to exchange it

Reactions: Mr_Jay_jay

xdapowerapps

Jul 16, 2008
ever since I upgraded to 4.3

If you're going to exchange it anyways, why not Odin back to a 100% completely stock 4.3 TW and see if you are having those issues. Just remember, it's better to figure this out and learn from it just in case this ends up happening to you again. See, because if you go Odin back to 4.3 TW, and you still have this issue, then you can confirm it is a hardware issue. But if you Odin back to 4.3 and you don't have those issues, then you know something in your ROM or services was modified or corrupt. My suggestion, go back to stock and test it out. :good:

Mr_Jay_jay

May 8, 2012
Chi-Town!!
If you're going to exchange it anyways, why not Odin back to a 100% completely stock 4.3 TW and see if you are having those issues. Just remember, it's better to figure this out and learn from it just in case this ends up happening to you again. See, because if you go Odin back to 4.3 TW, and you still have this issue, then you can confirm it is a hardware issue. But if you Odin back to 4.3 and you don't have those issues, then you know something in your ROM or services was modified or corrupt. My suggestion, go back to stock and test it out. :good:

I did actually... I went full on Knox included restore stock 4.3.. I havent had any issues with phone but then again I don't call too many people during the day.. however I did encounter the same camera issue..so this phone is out of here.. I got the order in today with phone arriving tomorrow.. I hope I get a 4.2.2 JB phone...i

xdapowerapps

Jul 16, 2008
I did actually... I went full on Knox included restore stock 4.3.. I havent had any issues with phone but then again I don't call too many people during the day.. however I did encounter the same camera issue..so this phone is out of here.. I got the order in today with phone arriving tomorrow.. I hope I get a 4.2.2 JB phone...i

Yeah, definitely a HW issue. Good thing it was under warranty. And in most cases, they update the FW before shipping it out, so here's to hoping. :highfive:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Have you tried just going to plain stock with Odin to see if it also happens?

Oh then yeah you still had the 4.2.2 bootloader so that's why it was ok.. Sounds like the problem is with the phone so yeah you need to exchange it