How to bypass sprint activation screen in new 4.4 rom

Search This thread

xxmaleficxx

Mar 3, 2009
I installed the new 4.4 roms like renovate and viper but during htc home setup i am not able to bypass sprint activation step. I am using my phone outside US. Can any one please help me to bypass the screen

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

elvisypi

Nov 11, 2010
Düsseldorf
I installed the new 4.4 roms like renovate and viper but during htc home setup i am not able to bypass sprint activation step. I am using my phone outside US. Can any one please help me to bypass the screen

After installing the rom go to recovery, mount system and using file explorer delete /system/app/htcsetupwizzard.apk

Gesendet von meinem HTC One mit Tapatalk

Reactions: rockytruelyrox

v1ral

Oct 24, 2010
HTC One (m7)
HTC Droid Incredible
After installing the rom go to recovery, mount system and using file explorer delete /system/app/htcsetupwizzard.apk

This.
I had to do this on stock Rom, viper Rom and rage Rom.. it's annoying.
What happens with me after flashing is, it'll go through its thing then after it's done press exit. Then go to recovery and find those files and either delete it or change the .apk to .bak.
Hope that helps .

indy1811

Jul 19, 2008
Bangalore
You can also go to the dialer, type *#*#4636#*#* to get to the Phone information menu. There, change your network to GSM or WCDMA only. That should make the Sprint wizard fail and you'll be allowed to proceed.

Soker

Sep 12, 2006
You can also go to the dialer, type *#*#4636#*#* to get to the Phone information menu. There, change your network to GSM or WCDMA only. That should make the Sprint wizard fail and you'll be allowed to proceed.

Have exact the same problem! HTC One from Sprint which i was using in Europe without any problem, but after factory reset i got activation screen.

I tried *228, four corners, i was trying to make it by CDMA Workshop but im unable to put my HTC in diagnostic mode.
I was also trying method from first post but it seems that my recovery is crashed because nothing happens.

Any ideas guys? Thanks! :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.