Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Kellwa

Jan 16, 2013
That's not a proper way to install it
Follow these steps ..
Q
1.flash your viper ROM normally through twrp 2.8.5.3 and use fastboot flash boot boot.IMG
Let your viper boot up normally
2.Then go to fastboot and flash the Zeus .img
3.Then go in the recovery and flash the aroma kernel flasher and inside aroma select your viper ROM.zip and just deselct the option to flash the ROM just select the option to flash the boot.IMG
4. Then flash multirom v31 not v32
5.reeboot your phone
6.you will get the multirom popup ..select cancel
7.select the twrp option (this is your multirom twrp..from here you will flash all your secondary ROM)
8.go in the twrp and select advance and then go to add ROM select aicp.zip and flash it
9.reboot and cancel the multirom popup and select aicp
10. BOOM you will boot lollipop
Thanks For Replay
i followed all the steps
but when adding AICP i get error executing updater binary in zip
then faild to install zip
P.S: am on new layout

Tanuj97

Jun 7, 2014
Mumbai
Thanks For Replay
i followed all the steps
but when adding AICP i get error executing updater binary in zip
then faild to install zip
P.S: am on new layout
There has been a change in the cm update-script so in order to flash the ROM successfully you will have to change the update-binary of previously working. for eg I wanted to flash Resurrection remix ROM v5.4.3 but i got the same error as you got so I changed the updates-binary and replaced it with the from resurrection remix 5.4.1 which flashed properly on multirom and then it booted to lollipop
For aicp latest build you will have to replace the update-binary of AICP-NL-20150425/any latest version with the older update-binary from AICP-NL-20150420

Last edited:
Reactions: Kellwa

Kellwa

Jan 16, 2013
There has been a change in the cm update-script so in order to flash the ROM successfully you will have to change the update-binary of previously working. for eg I wanted to flash Resurrection remix ROM v5.4.3 but i got the same error as you got so I changed the updates-binary and replaced it with the from resurrection remix 5.4.1 which flashed properly on multirom and then it booted to lollipop
For aicp latest build you will have to replace the update-binary of AICP-NL-20150425/any latest version with the older update-binary from AICP-NL-20150420

Ok >>>downloading AICP 20150420 to replace the update binery ..... just to be sure :
replace all the files in /META-INF/com/google/android/(update-binery & update-script)
or just the file update-binery ????
Edit:
tried both ways and tried replacing all META-INF folder .....still the same error when addin it to MultiRom

Last edited:

Thunder07

Inactive RC / RD
Sep 22, 2007
Ok >>>downloading AICP 20150420 to replace the update binery ..... just to be sure :
replace all the files in /META-INF/com/google/android/(update-binery & update-script)
Edit:
tried both ways and tried replacing all META-INF folder .....still the same error when addin it to MultiRom

The binary is enough, and you don't have to use one from the same Rom, the the most part it would work with most other ROMS, just make sure it's from a lollipop one, as older ones don't have certain commands.

Sent from my A0001 using XDA Free mobile app

Tanuj97

Jun 7, 2014
Mumbai
Edit:
Don't replace the update-script just replace the update- binary. You could try the Resurrection remix ROM ..I am running it as secondary ROM via multirom I replaced the update-binary of version 5.4.3 from 5.4.1 and flashed it

Last edited:
Reactions: Kellwa

jarb5ly

Sep 16, 2010
@Thunder07 are you going to update the multirom coz we keep getting the /tmp/mr_update.zip error while flashing new roms and have to change the update-binary of the previous working rom

Hi folks,

Just been playing with the latest MR and after updating to the fixed Aroma FM (and re-flashing my main ROM kernel) I've got LP secondary ROMs working just fine with no more boot loops (and none of this updater binary issue that everyone else seems to be hitting!).

I'm now trying out installing a sense ROM (unboxed) as another secondary ROM and am hitting this:
E: Failed to sysMapFile '/realdata/media/0/0/Download/BiG_Unboxed+ROM+4.0+Sense+5.zip'

The "0/0" in there looks suspicious. Note that I'm on the new layout, and in case it's relevant my main rom is CM12.0.

Any ideas?

Thunder07

Inactive RC / RD
Sep 22, 2007
Hi folks,

Just been playing with the latest MR and after updating to the fixed Aroma FM (and re-flashing my main ROM kernel) I've got LP secondary ROMs working just fine with no more boot loops (and none of this updater binary issue that everyone else seems to be hitting!).

I'm now trying out installing a sense ROM (unboxed) as another secondary ROM and am hitting this:
E: Failed to sysMapFile '/realdata/media/0/0/Download/BiG_Unboxed+ROM+4.0+Sense+5.zip'

The "0/0" in there looks suspicious. Note that I'm on the new layout, and in case it's relevant my main rom is CM12.0.

Any ideas?

Never seen that error, and ya that 0/0 does seem off....
But start by removing all the + from the zip name, either remove them or replace them with .

jarb5ly

Sep 16, 2010
Never seen that error, and ya that 0/0 does seem off....
But start by removing all the + from the zip name, either remove them or replace them with .

Soon as I sent that, I thought to check back through the logs and noticed that right at the start MR claimed it was trying to install a zip from "/sdcard/0/Download" which is clearly wrong. I then went back to the zip file chooser in MR and re-navigated to the zip file via /data/media/0/Download/ instead. Lo and behold, this time it got the paths right and installed fine!

Kellwa

Jan 16, 2013
Don't replace the update-script just replace the update- binary. You could try the Resurrection remix ROM ..I am running it as secondary ROM via multirom I replaced the update-binary of version 5.4.3 from 5.4.1 and flashed it
Tried with old AICP and with RR update-binary and no one worked still the same error
Forget it am going back to only one rom until multirom gets updated to fully support lollipop
Thank You all for helping

Tanuj97

Jun 7, 2014
Mumbai
Tried with old AICP and with RR update-binary and no one worked still the same error
Forget it am going back to only one rom until multirom gets updated to fully support lollipop
Thank You all for helping
Why don't you leave aicp and try other lollipop ROMs like slimpLP , xenonHD ,resurrection remix

Thunder07

Inactive RC / RD
Sep 22, 2007
Alright Everyone,

As I mentioned few weeks earlier, I can no longer maintain this project as such I've closed this thread and discontinued development.
Should anyone like to continue on the development, they can check my github and Tassadar's work, all which are linked to in OP.

Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Whats MultiROM
    Multirom is a ROM manager created by Tasssadar with the ability to load multiple ROMs without the need to remove your older one, giving you the ability to test/run multiple ROMs at once, you can also restore TWRP backup as Secondary ROMs allowing you to look at your backup to choose the right one, or maybe just have 2,3,4,5,6 working OS on your phone... just because it's cool.​

Warning!
    It _is_ dangerous. This whole thing is basically one giant hack.
    I Nuked my SDCard twice in porting this tool over, I'm not entirely sure what caused it, but I reverted few changes which might have been the reason, so I hope it wont happen again.
    Still, I'll highly recommend you make backups and keep them on your computer. Always.
    I've been using this for 2 weeks now with no serious problems, but just as well, don't be blaming me if anything goes wrong.

keep the "i cant get this to work" messages out of my PM i wont bother replying to them,
    as almost anyone on this thread can help you.
    you have a problem, read the main OP and if you still cant get it to work... post your problem here...
    and be specific... "this is not working" will get you nowhere and no answers.

Special Thanks:
    @Tasssadar: For The MultiROM Source.

Sources:
    MultiROM
    Modified TWRP

Download is one post below.
    Requirements:
    • S-off/Unlocked Bootloader
    • Understand How KL Zeus Work*

By Flashing That Kernel, you'd need to flash a 2nd kernel to go along with it..
    if you don't follow those instruction, the main ROM wont boot.

To Install MultiROM:

1. Flash Zeus Boot.img
    2. Flash Multirom-20141228-v30-UNOFFICIAL-endeavoru.zip normally trough recovery.
    3. Flash Multirom-20150430-v32-UNOFFICIAL-endeavoru.zip normally trough recovery (New Layout ONLY).
    4. Reboot

To Fix Write To SDCard issue(flash on secondary ROM only):Not Needed with New Layout

1. Flash UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.40.zip(possible only needed on Lollipop, if no, no harm in switching to SuperSU)
    2. Flash SDFix.zip

To Remove ROMs:
    1. Reboot Into MultiROM
    2. Boot Into TWRP --> Advanced -- > MultiROM --> List ROM --> Select the ROM To Remove --> Delete
    To Add ROMs:
    1. Reboot Into MultiROM
    2. Boot Into TWRP --> Advanced -- > MultiROM --> Add ROM

To Remove ROMs:
    1. Reboot Into MultiROM
    2. Boot Into TWRP --> Advanced -- > MultiROM --> List ROM --> Select the ROM To Remove --> Delete

To Change Kernels:

1. Boot TWRP --> Advance --> MultiROM --> List ROMs --> Flash Modules Zip*
    2. List ROMs --> Remove boot.img
    3. List ROMs --> Add boot.img
    * The Modules must be flashed 1st, as the boot.img is replaced with each flash.​

Failed Install & losing memory

1. MultiROM -> TWRP
    2. adb shell dosfsck -a /dev/block/mmcblk0p14

ToDo:
    1. -- Nothing as it stands
    Update:
    --MultiROM updated to mainstream v27
    ---Bug Fix and GUI Redesign
    --Fixed MultiROM not booting without a USB attached (with the help of Tassadar)(Zeus Update)

--MultiROM v27 zip must be flashed normally through Recovery
    --Zeus kernel has also been updated, make sure to flash Zeus B8 using fastboot flash boot Zeus.img

Get it in the 1st post
    Alright Everyone,

As I mentioned few weeks earlier, I can no longer maintain this project as such I've closed this thread and discontinued development.
    Should anyone like to continue on the development, they can check my github and Tassadar's work, all which are linked to in OP.

Regards.
    Update V31
    -- Fix sdcard mounting issue on secondary ROM (New Layout Only)
    -If you copied anything to Internal sdcard from a secondary rom before this update, you can retrieve it from /sdcard/multirom/roms/ROM_NAME/data/media/0/ from internal/secondary rom or even the recovery

http://d-h.st/wOg6
    @modest.young, @cappuccina
    Thanks guys for spotting this,
    the secondary rom created a new internal sdcard(just a folder) which was working an empty,
    and since when i tested this, my sdcard was empty I was fooled :p