Is it good as a phone?

Search This thread

Idiocity

Nov 28, 2010
Hello 7+ users. May I know if this tablet would be good to use as a phone instead of a tablet?

I am planning to get a new android device after my current phone contract expires. (Currently using a SGS). So I would like to know if anyone used this tab as a everyday phone. Thanks.

robyr

Dec 21, 2007
I use mine as a VoIP device with GrooveIP, and it works great for this. If I had a P6200 I wouldn't even have a normal phone. My phone has become a mere wifi hotspot.

aeon101

Jan 10, 2006
Prague
phone...

Using my Tab 7.Plus as a phone every day without any issues. It is really not so big to hold it at my ear. This machine is for me one of the best solutions ever, but definitely waiting for Asus PadFone...:)

Dan

Reactions: JohnnyPrimus

Noah321

Mar 19, 2011
I use it as a phone since I'm in college I try not to hold it against my face so I bought some iphone 4 headphones and It works just fine. The grooveip is a very good app that does sometimes drops out and it takes a while to reconnect to Google voice when the data connection drops to a bar or 2. But it's a good app and its a good phone the best is texting its so much better and easier to text. Someone even asked me if this was the ipad 3 it was kind of funny. And good batt life on my opinion.

Sent from my SGH-T869 using XDA Premium App

The_Double

May 10, 2010
Does anyone actually use it as a 3g GSM phone Not VOIP?

I'm planning to buy one for my mom with bad eyesight.
She currently uses a original galaxy tab, but she lost it. Can she use this tab as a big phone as well?

Last edited:

thghost

Jan 29, 2012
ive been using this tab since the day it was first launched. i think since november. i moved onto this from nokia, and till now, havent had a single issue using it as a phone. i pair it up with a bluetooth when im walking about, or else, when at home, use it just i would as any other regular phone. its pretty awesome. it serves me as a phone+tab+and sometimes as my laptop... :)

i would definitely recommend buying it, especially if u dont like carrying too many devices around. a simple and neat replacement for 3 devices.

[David]

Sep 18, 2011
Catanzaro
I use my P6200 just as a phone (about 2hr/day in calling) and the only "issue" may be people around you who smile or just stare at you asking if I'm kidding or that's just a "big" phone instead of a normal one :D

I like people who stare at me, and that's really funny 'cuz once they just smile seeing me talking with my Galaxy Note...now they just stuck into a strange face when I hold my P6200 on my ears :D

I love it and I didn't ever bought the old Tab 7 just 'cuz it has no speaker... I desired to talk with an unusual phone leaned on my ear :D

Sent from my Galaxy Note with DarkyROM 3.3

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    phone...

Using my Tab 7.Plus as a phone every day without any issues. It is really not so big to hold it at my ear. This machine is for me one of the best solutions ever, but definitely waiting for Asus PadFone...:)

Dan