[APP] "OpnMarket" Now "Omarket" Freeware Market/ AppStore [Version 1.1 has arrived!]

Search This thread

joel2009

Retired Senior Moderator
Oct 9, 2007
Oklahoma
[APP] "OpnMarket" Now "Omarket" Freeware Market/ AppStore [Version 1.1 has arrived!]

Due to Copyright infringement concern with a similarly named product ("OpenMarket") OpnMarket has changed its named to "O!market." It is the same great service (possibly even improved slightly with a release for bugfixes.)

Version 1.1 has arrived with various bugs fixes for 1.0

opnmarket.jpg

If you have a previous version of OpnMarket, simply run the program on your phone and you should be prompted for the auto-update. If you are new to OpnMarket, you can download the application here.

Last edited:

joel2009

Retired Senior Moderator
Oct 9, 2007
Oklahoma
The Old Client

point85.png
]​

This Program works by stepping through the Freewarepocketpc.net website to bring you access to almost *10,000* free applications for your Pocketpc. This is not yet complete, but will connect and download files. The Program was tested on QVGA, please report your testings on another device if you have another device to test on.​

Requirements:
.NET Framework
Internet connection (wifi, gprs, ect)
-ACTIVESYNC MAY NOT BE AN APPROPRIATE INTERNET CONNECTION-
You might receive lots of errors if you try and run this program through activesync. The first indicator that it is not, will be a Message which is displayed upon running the App.

ToDo:
Landscape (Complete)
Complete Search (Incomplete Basically there, just want to add an automated "advanced search")
GFX (Complete)
App2Date (not yet plausible)
Navigate pages (Complete)
Download status (Incomplete)
Read installed programs (Complete)

Thanks to:

Don Graham Who Started writing all the code for this project
George Dimoff of freewarepocketpc.net
Virt-host.com for their continued support

Other info:

This is a Winmoportal Project, you are welcome to visit the homepage at Winmoportal.com

Wanna see the screenshots of Windows official APP for yourself? Go Here

Error Messages? To help debug you can install this cab here. This cab will allow you to view the messages.

Version Change Log:

See Post 2

Download:

Version .30 [CAB] Version.37 [CAB] Version .55 [CAB]

Version .63 [CAB] Version .67 [CAB] Version .70 [CAB]

Version .75 [Auto-Update] Version .80 [CAB] Version .82[Auto-Update] Version .85 [CAB]

Version .88 [Auto-update] Version .89 [Auto-Update] Version .90 [auto-update]

► Version .91 ◄ [CAB]​

Last edited:
Reactions: Damyanof

joel2009

Retired Senior Moderator
Oct 9, 2007
Oklahoma
Version .91:
-Landscape
-xml skinning fixes

Version .90:
-Xml Verification (color codes)
-Click screenshot fix
-Back button while screenchot visible now = not visible instead of closing details page
-check boxes gone
-zip files fix?
-download button (download unavailable fix)
-file connection error fix
-details page exit/minimize fix (re-enable item list)
-VGA FIXES GALORE: "app installed" fix, item list fix, settings page fix, details page fix

Version 88:
-Settings xml [explanation]
-Validate internet connection
-Settings panel error corrected
-Now reads programs installed via this app

Version .85:
-Search results now show only as many results as found (instead of the same item ten times as before)
-Total Pages added to the back and forward arrows

Version 82:
-May the Power of Search be with you. (Search now does its job more robustly)
-Hopefuly fixed some Vga/Wvga Issues
-Version 80 fixes (such as items per page, page not changing)

Version 75:
-Start Page is now more similar to the MS Variant
-Sort by rating, downloads, newest, ect.
-Page arrows adjusted, current page number added

Version 70:
-Download Problem Fixed
-Page navigation added (hit the "search" soft-button to show)
-type "new" in search box to return newest programs {VERSION .70 ONLY}

Version 67:
-Auto Update Feature Added. (checks for updates to OpnMarket and asks if you would like to download)
-Added some new GFX

Version 63:
-Now Handles Zip files
-Fixed a centering problem with "loading please wait" text

Version 55:
-Search Function Now Works (kinda... its not complete)
-Cleaned up screen
-Made More compatible with all screen sizes
-Download button now says "download unavailable" when no cab file is available.
-Icon Added

Last edited:

mystyledx

Jan 17, 2008
Cebu
testing it on my samsung i900 omnia
it displays ok on portrait, not displaying gud in landscape though

but when i tried to download the iris browser and pocket uno it did connect and said downloading
then an error occured :
an error message cannot be displayed because an optional resource assembly containing it cannot be found
i pressed continue
it downloaded the cab just fine

selecting another categories return error also

very nice program, very handy on downloading freewares! waiting for the final version of this one

Last edited:

Dr4g0n75

Mar 6, 2008
Raleigh
seems pretty cool... i can see the idea has some potential

dosent seem as easy to use as jak.. kind of confusing...

what are the check boxes for? installed? app to date?

perhaps needs a progress bar? there are times it seems unresponsive but it actually doing something...

most of what i tried to dl was unsuccesful, error message "your download and installation was unsuccesful" dosent leave much for troubleshooting.. i did have two dl's work out of the bunch i tried

themes folder is all kinds of stuff... tsk, m2d and tf3d... takes a while to figure out what is what

all in all it feels like a step back fom jak, which was smoother, nicer to look at, and had more content, but i can see where this step back was needed to get this program to where you want it(search button, pie conficts,etc...)

using on an att tilt with a hyperdragon rom

santod040

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Nov 7, 2008
NorCal
Love the idea. VGA needs a little work to fit screen properly. "Applications" at the top is a little cut-off. The search bar is squished looking and I cannot download. I will be anxiously awaiting each new improved version. Many people will use and support this app. if it can become stable and perhaps give brief description of each file available for download, as well as a release date and/or version number. Thanks for all you efforts and keep up the good work!

joel2009

Retired Senior Moderator
Oct 9, 2007
Oklahoma
Love the idea. VGA needs a little work to fit screen properly. "Applications" at the top is a little cut-off.........

Can you upload some screenshots i can look at to make the adjustments?

seems pretty cool... i can see the idea has some potential

dosent seem as easy to use as jak.. kind of confusing...

what are the check boxes for? installed? app to date?

perhaps needs a progress bar? there are times it seems unresponsive but it actually doing something...

most of what i tried to dl was unsuccesful, error message "your download and installation was unsuccesful" dosent leave much for troubleshooting.. i did have two dl's work out of the bunch i tried

themes folder is all kinds of stuff... tsk, m2d and tf3d... takes a while to figure out what is what

the check boxes arent for you to check... they will let you know if you already have that program installed or if has app2date support.

I'll look into the download problem.... it was more than likely an installation error. Not all files on the site are cab files.... and i'm still working on how to deal with other file types.

i'm gonna talk to the site owner about themes (as this program more or less just steps through the html of his site Freewarepocketpc.net)

I was able to install one .cab, but not the rest won't let me download...

Like button is disabled?

testing it on my samsung i900 omnia
it displays ok on portrait, not displaying gud in landscape though

but when i tried to download the iris browser and pocket uno it did connect and said downloading
then an error occured :
an error message cannot be displayed because an optional resource assembly containing it cannot be found
i pressed continue
it downloaded the cab just fine

selecting another categories return error also

very nice program, very handy on downloading freewares! waiting for the final version of this one

Thats correct... landscape is not yet done. Like i just explained... the progrm can only handle cab files right now and might have had a error otherwise.

Can you guys with VGA and WVGA upload me some screenshots so i can make any adjustments?

santod040

Nov 7, 2008
NorCal
Here are 2 screenshots of how it appears in VGA on my Touch Pro. As you can see the word Application at the top is cut-off and the search bar is squished. The search bar also does not allow me to input text at all. Can't search. Thanks for any help and all progress on this project!

Sorry, the upload feature here doesn't always cooperate with me, so I had to upload these elsewhere for you. Sorry for any hassles.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/i65kdx

http://www.sendspace.com/file/t7g9el

joel2009

Retired Senior Moderator
Oct 9, 2007
Oklahoma
Here are 2 screenshots of how it appears in VGA on my Touch Pro. As you can see the word Application at the top is cut-off and the search bar is squished. The search bar also does not allow me to input text at all. Can't search. Thanks for any help and all progress on this project!

Sorry, the upload feature here doesn't always cooperate with me, so I had to upload these elsewhere for you. Sorry for any hassles.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/i65kdx

http://www.sendspace.com/file/t7g9el
Thanks i'll take a look....

joel2009

Retired Senior Moderator
Oct 9, 2007
Oklahoma
New Version Posted, hopefully this will take care of some of the download problems and the problems with any screen size beside QVGA.

(please uninstall previous versions before installing this one)

santod040

Nov 7, 2008
NorCal
I definitely appreciate the efforts on the quick update, however nothing appears to be any different for me.

* the word "Application" squished at the top (not a big deal)

* the search bar is squished and nonfunctional, cannot activate it or input text

* clicking on download and install on any application receives no response at all

Thanks again for your efforts!

joel2009

Retired Senior Moderator
Oct 9, 2007
Oklahoma
I definitely appreciate the efforts on the quick update, however nothing appears to be any different for me.

* the word "Application" squished at the top (not a big deal)

* the search bar is squished and nonfunctional, cannot activate it or input text

* clicking on download and install on any application receives no response at all

Thanks again for your efforts!
I changed how cab files were opened for installation and how some objects were "streched" or aligned or the different screen sizes.

*I'll try something different

*the search bar shouldn't work

*The program does a check to make sure the download is a cab file, and if the files isn't a cab file the button is disabled.

Thanks for testing ;)

santod040

Nov 7, 2008
NorCal
"*the search bar shouldn't work" you said. Why is that? Not enough apps in the database yet or is it not ever gonna work?

Will it eventually support downloading of other file types, such as .rar or .zip files. Most of us have the software needed to decompress these file types on our devices.

Please keep us posted on any progress, even if I am one of the few who has said what a great idea this is. I personally would rather have a fully functional mobile market for freeware, than have a over-hyped, Microsoft, marketplace full of overpriced software.

joel2009

Retired Senior Moderator
Oct 9, 2007
Oklahoma
"*the search bar shouldn't work" you said. Why is that? Not enough apps in the database yet or is it not ever gonna work?

Will it eventually support downloading of other file types, such as .rar or .zip files. Most of us have the software needed to decompress these file types on our devices.

Please keep us posted on any progress, even if I am one of the few who has said what a great idea this is. I personally would rather have a fully functional mobile market for freeware, than have a over-hyped, Microsoft, marketplace full of overpriced software.
I actually just got a working search function finished.... but it is restricted to using only one word.

yes it will eventually support rar and zip, i still need to automate the process of download and atleast opening the file. (i'll post the file here in awhile)

GreenOmnia

Apr 19, 2009
Ok, I think, I could try this one :) .. but it would be really cool, if you would tell me, what this app does.
Thanks

joel2009

Retired Senior Moderator
Oct 9, 2007
Oklahoma
Version .55 posted, check post 2 for change log.
The Final name will not be OpenMarket, i just googled it and found out an application already has that name.

joel2009

Retired Senior Moderator
Oct 9, 2007
Oklahoma

.....You should also be able to download rar zip and cab files by clicking the "installed" check box instead of the download button.... just a work around for you right now......

Downloaded files are stored in the programs directory in a file called cabs

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The Old Client

point85.png
    ]​

This Program works by stepping through the Freewarepocketpc.net website to bring you access to almost *10,000* free applications for your Pocketpc. This is not yet complete, but will connect and download files. The Program was tested on QVGA, please report your testings on another device if you have another device to test on.​

Requirements:
    .NET Framework
    Internet connection (wifi, gprs, ect)
    -ACTIVESYNC MAY NOT BE AN APPROPRIATE INTERNET CONNECTION-
    You might receive lots of errors if you try and run this program through activesync. The first indicator that it is not, will be a Message which is displayed upon running the App.

ToDo:
    Landscape (Complete)
    Complete Search (Incomplete Basically there, just want to add an automated "advanced search")
    GFX (Complete)
    App2Date (not yet plausible)
    Navigate pages (Complete)
    Download status (Incomplete)
    Read installed programs (Complete)

Thanks to:

Don Graham Who Started writing all the code for this project
    George Dimoff of freewarepocketpc.net
    Virt-host.com for their continued support

Other info:

This is a Winmoportal Project, you are welcome to visit the homepage at Winmoportal.com

Wanna see the screenshots of Windows official APP for yourself? Go Here

Error Messages? To help debug you can install this cab here. This cab will allow you to view the messages.

Version Change Log:

See Post 2

Download:

Version .30 [CAB] Version.37 [CAB] Version .55 [CAB]

Version .63 [CAB] Version .67 [CAB] Version .70 [CAB]

Version .75 [Auto-Update] Version .80 [CAB] Version .82[Auto-Update] Version .85 [CAB]

Version .88 [Auto-update] Version .89 [Auto-Update] Version .90 [auto-update]

► Version .91 ◄ [CAB]​