[App] Hero Notifications - Removed LEDs 10/12/2009

Search This thread

jinx10000

May 2, 2009
Sounds like Fictionles worked the bugs out. You should try his version, it is fully functional LEDs for Hero. They work almost exactly the same as on cupcake.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=569586

HeroNotifier: 10/12/2009
-NO LEDs on this version.
-Repeatedly Vibrates and Plays Default Notification Sound after missed call, incoming text message, gmail, or calendar event.
-Set the time between notifications
-Options to turn off vibrate or sound notification
-Obeys silent and vibrate mode
-Will not conflict with Fictionles awesome new HeroLED.

Attachments

• BeepingHeroLED.zip
    20 KB · Views: 137
  • HeroNotifier.zip
    14.3 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:

Dror520

May 28, 2009
if I installed HeroLed.apk do I need to uninstall that before installing this? thanks! great work!

joe v

Feb 22, 2009
Jinx could you give a little more info on how to drop this in.. would i just flash this ,adb or somthing other?

jinx10000

May 2, 2009
In the zip file is a file with an .apk extension.

You can either copy it to the sdcard and install with a free program like Astro file manager from market, or you can ADB install it.

One way to ADB install if you use adb.
- Copy file to c drive.
- open cmd prompt
- type adb install c:\BlinkingHeroLED.apk

Should be all there is to it.

joe v

Feb 22, 2009
In the zip file is a file with an .apk extension.

You can either copy it to the sdcard and install with a free program like Astro file manager from market, or you can ADB install it.

One way to ADB install if you use adb.
- Copy file to c drive.
- open cmd prompt
- type adb install c:\BlinkingHeroLED.apk

Should be all there is to it.

ok let me give it a go with astro since i already have it on the card..

ccyrowski

May 20, 2009
Lansing, MI
Attached app provides a bright blinking purple LED for HERO.

The LED begins blinking after a missed call or incoming text message.

It also has charging LEDs.

Must click on the created notification or the app shortcut to kill the flashing LED. The blinking LED will auto kill itself when the phone is answered or a new call is made.

Most of the thanks for this goes to Fictionles, Zillode, and Shafty. A lot of the code in this program comes from them.

I will probably clean up the code a little later. It appears to be fully functional but has not gone through much testing. Obviously, use at your own risk.

Reboot after install for charge LEDs.

Sorry for double posting but thought this may deserve its own thread.

Source and app in included zip.

First file posted did not have the blinking text messages. I don't think anyone downloaded it.

I was just testing a new beta that I cooked up with BLAZING purple lights. I think they are pretty cool. Will probably include this if it's OK with the author! ? :)

jinx10000

May 2, 2009
I was just testing a new beta that I cooked up with BLAZING purple lights. I think they are pretty cool. Will probably include this if it's OK with the author! ? :)

Absolutely. As I said in the first post, much of the code came from others.

Keep in mind, code is still rough because I haven't had time to polish it or really test it.

joe v

Feb 22, 2009
its working !! im using it with smspopup still needs mothers shinola but hey it blinks and then sends a kill text. it worked when i called,and texted myself thanks !!

amack10

Aug 4, 2009
This works awsome. I dont know if this can be done at all but could you make it so when you hit the kill led notification you go to your messaging app

opasha

Jul 2, 2009
it works for me on my g1 but my friend who has mytouch says it doesnt work for him. is this only g1 compatible? thanks

Fictionles

Aug 16, 2009
Philadelphia
I'll need to flash back to a Hero ROM to try this. The code looks like its everything that was swirling in my head about how I think it should work, but could never get the code figured out.

Excellent job! Oh and the app probably won't work on a MT3G; its a completely different architecture than the G1.

jinx10000

May 2, 2009
This works awsome. I dont know if this can be done at all but could you make it so when you hit the kill led notification you go to your messaging app

I will think about this. If you want a version that always opens messaging whether LED is blinking for phone or text then this change would be very simple. I will look at this when I wake up?