[Q] Microphone issues

Search This thread

sageki

Sep 28, 2008
Jacksonville
So i bought a tmo t999 with stock 4.0.4 on it baseband t999uvlem.

I Downloaded ODIN 3.0.7 put cwm 6 on it and loaded up the s3rx 3.0 TW 4.3 bootloader, modem, and ROM.

Get it booted up and the mic doesn't work now. All i get on sound recorder is static and a kinda beep every 1/2 second or so and no voice. I did try cleaning the mic out very carefully but that did not work.

So I Odin'd Root66 and that did not work so I Odin'd the stock FW from root66 post. and that still did not fix the mic.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks Rian

serio22

Jul 1, 2012
Houston
I have the 4.3 modem and stock Rom on my phone.
Can I flash another modem and stock Rom even though I have the latest bootloader?

Yes, but not with Odin.. Since you already returned to stock with Odin and keep getting the same issue, its likely hardware related

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

sageki

Sep 28, 2008
Jacksonville
Yes, but not with Odin.. Since you already returned to stock with Odin and keep getting the same issue, its likely hardware related

Just to confirm, I have the 4.3 firmware from root66 post, and I can then go to recovery and flash any of the OTA updates, any Modem, or any other custom rom?

I just can not Odin any other firmware except for the 4.3 Stock and 4.3 root66 correct?

Thank you for your help :)

serio22

Jul 1, 2012
Houston
1) Only 4.3 modems, any other won't work, ota updates maybe if they make them to be flashable with recovery

2) yupp

sageki

Sep 28, 2008
Jacksonville
So my mic will work when I record a video through the camera, but it will not work while on a call, for voice dialer, voice search, or any other sound recorder except for the Camera.

Is there some firmware/OS registry type setting that is messing with routing the mic to the other softwares?

sageki

Sep 28, 2008
Jacksonville
So no ideas on why the mic works for the camera but not for anything else?
Does the camera use the top mic and the bottom mic? And I'm just picking up the audio from the top mic possibly?