[Toolkit] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v2.1.4 [Updated 01/16/16]: Nexus 9 Thread

Search This thread

WugFresh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 28, 2010
Unlocking, rooting, relocking and unrooting simplified! (and much more!)

VERSION 2.1.4 - This program will automatically bring together all the files you need to unlock and root your device in a few clicks, or flash it back to stock and re-lock it. You can also use this program to backup/restore all your important data, flash zips, set file permissions, push and pull files, install apps, generate logcats/bugreports, and much more! With the included file association options, you can perform tasks like flashing zips, installing apps, restoring android backup files, and flashing/booting img files with just a double click! The program includes a full featured interface for automating tasks in TWRP, enhanced restore features, an in-built auto-updater/notification system, ‘any build’ mode, advanced restore features,’NRT- Live Log’ for viewing the adb/fastboot cmds that are run in the background, quick tools utilities, and tools for taking screenshots/screen-recordings. All the latest official Android builds and Nexus devices are supported. The program intelligently and selectively downloads the files it needs for your device and makes sure you are using the latest files available. The program can even auto-detect your device and build. This release brings full Marshmallow root support plus all automated features by utilizing a new system that no longer requires modified boot.imgs. Check out the updated changelog for a more comprehensive breakdown of the feature set and changes in this release.

~ my goal for this project is make the entire process as smooth and simple as possible ~

GDhJYE8.jpg

q1o1kav.jpg

Please read the FAQs before posting questions: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/faqs/

Looking for a walk-through? >> Excellent Instructional/How-To Videos: http://www.wugfresh.com/videos/

More information & Download Links: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/

Changelog: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/changelog/

Enjoy! ^_^

{{ WugFresh }}

Last edited:

nrage23

Yes, it will auto update on first run and it will know twrp is out. Full root support. And everything.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I usually flash my recovery the old fashioned way lvia fastboot like I did yesterday with the first version of TWRP but I decided to flash the newer version of TRWP with the Tooolkit. I was unencrypted prior to using the Toolkit and when it did the modified boot.img my device rebooted and encrypted itself. I assume I can just restore my backup from yesterday to go back to unencrypted.

WugFresh

Oct 28, 2010
I usually flash my recovery the old fashioned way lvia fastboot like I did yesterday with the first version of TWRP but I decided to flash the newer version of TRWP with the Tooolkit. I was unencrypted prior to using the Toolkit and when it did the modified boot.img my device rebooted and encrypted itself. I assume I can just restore my backup from yesterday to go back to unencrypted.

This makes no sense. Yes to your question. But how did you come to that conclusion? Can you add me on Google hangouts chat.

berendspruijt

Sep 8, 2012
Tnx for this tool.

I did something wrong(fix permission) in twrp and i got boot-looped.
then i thought it would be smart o delete everything on the device...(not my brightest moment)

used the tool to flash stock + unroot.
Worked fine but:
When finishing it couldn't connect to the network when it was setting up.
I resolved this by rebooting.
Then when i put my backup back from Google play the navigation bar was missing and the notification tray was missing too.
I resolved that by doing a factory reset.

tnx again.

WugFresh

Oct 28, 2010
Tnx for this tool.

then i thought it would be smart o delete everything on the device...(not my brightest moment)

Worked fine but:
Then when i put my backup back from Google play the navigation bar was missing and the notification tray was missing too.

tnx again.

Thats a lot of rando weirdness, you may want to flash stock again. Glad to hear its helped you.

{{ WugFresh }}

Reactions: snipe2nite

prdog1

Mar 10, 2012
Houston, Texas
Tnx for this tool.

Worked fine but:

tnx again.

Should never need to fix permissions. If needs permissions fixed it means have bad deved rom or dirty flashed over different rom base. This breaks the uids and is just a bad way to fix things. Will bite you again sooner or later. :cool:

Reactions: WugFresh

berendspruijt

Sep 8, 2012
Should never need to fix permissions. If needs permissions fixed it means have bad deved rom or dirty flashed over different rom base. This breaks the uids and is just a bad way to fix things. Will bite you again sooner or later. :cool:

jep i was being stupid...

I wanted to flash the new update LRX21R manually.
so i got a zip file from the ota thread.
tried to flash it in twrp
but it failed.
so i tried fixing permissions.
why i chose that option i dont know.
i should have read up on that function before using it.

corkiejp

Sep 27, 2012
Cork
www.boards.ie
Tested the tool today to Flash 5.0 (LRX21R).

The flash stock(with option not to wipe enabled) command failed to update my Nexus 9! Problem more likely with the factory image.

Had to manually flash each image and there was no option for vendor image in the advance tools.

Successfully Flashed TWRP, but root didn't work as this method doesn't install SU binaries.
Had to use chainfire's root method instead.

The toolkit hadn't been updated to Include LRX21R when I was using it.

Last edited:

prdog1

Mar 10, 2012
Houston, Texas
jep i was being stupid...

I wanted to flash the new update LRX21R manually.
so i got a zip file from the ota thread.
tried to flash it in twrp
but it failed.
so i tried fixing permissions.
why i chose that option i dont know.
i should have read up on that function before using it.

It's a fix for a bad rom flash with apps that FC. It just a work around, flash is still bad. I used it in testing years ago just to see what broke. Should never be used. I have flashed tens of thousands of times and have never needed. Update won't flash if you are rooted or have anymodded files. It is only for pure stock. Have to flash back to stock unrooted to flash it. Might as well just flash the new full image. :cool:

Reactions: berendspruijt

WugFresh

Oct 28, 2010

The flash stock(with option not to wipe enabled) command failed to update my Nexus 9! Problem more likely with the factory image.

Had to manually flash each image and there was no option for vendor image in the advance tools.

Successfully Flashed TWRP, but root didn't work as this method doesn't install SU binaries.

Just an FYI for future use, the option "Force Flash Mode" does just that. It extracts the package further and flashes the images individually.

And yes, google seemed to mess these packs up a bit where that is necessary.

Root will work now on that build now that its listed. And when Chainfire releases the kernel autopatcher zip, Any Build mode will work on Lollipop, so you won't have to wait on me adding builds - although I am pretty quick! ;)

{{ WugFresh }}

WugFresh

Oct 28, 2010
Thanks for the Tip on using "Force Flash Mode" from the settings.

What about vendor.img, still not available in the advance mode.

oh snap. I forgot to add that. It takes care of it in the flashstock.bat and force flash, but it deff needs a button in adv utils. Will add in v1.9.9 which may be ready later tonight, or tmrw the latest.

sad face for having to rearrange buttons now! Lol.

{{ WugFresh }}

Joe_6pak

Dec 27, 2012
NE Ohio
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

You are the MAN! I was having a helluva time rooting my N9 until this beauty came along. Even an idiot like me can root with this great tool. Thanks again!

With that in mind, I have a couple of questions...

1. I did not flash a custom recovery when I rooted. Can I still get OTA updates?
2. Can I flash TWRP at a later date using the tool?

Once again, mucho thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Unlocking, rooting, relocking and unrooting simplified! (and much more!)

VERSION 2.1.4 - This program will automatically bring together all the files you need to unlock and root your device in a few clicks, or flash it back to stock and re-lock it. You can also use this program to backup/restore all your important data, flash zips, set file permissions, push and pull files, install apps, generate logcats/bugreports, and much more! With the included file association options, you can perform tasks like flashing zips, installing apps, restoring android backup files, and flashing/booting img files with just a double click! The program includes a full featured interface for automating tasks in TWRP, enhanced restore features, an in-built auto-updater/notification system, ‘any build’ mode, advanced restore features,’NRT- Live Log’ for viewing the adb/fastboot cmds that are run in the background, quick tools utilities, and tools for taking screenshots/screen-recordings. All the latest official Android builds and Nexus devices are supported. The program intelligently and selectively downloads the files it needs for your device and makes sure you are using the latest files available. The program can even auto-detect your device and build. This release brings full Marshmallow root support plus all automated features by utilizing a new system that no longer requires modified boot.imgs. Check out the updated changelog for a more comprehensive breakdown of the feature set and changes in this release.

~ my goal for this project is make the entire process as smooth and simple as possible ~

GDhJYE8.jpg

q1o1kav.jpg

Please read the FAQs before posting questions: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/faqs/

Looking for a walk-through? >> Excellent Instructional/How-To Videos: http://www.wugfresh.com/videos/

More information & Download Links: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/

Changelog: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/changelog/

Enjoy! ^_^

{{ WugFresh }}
    v1.9.9 is live. :)

Wish you all a happy turkey day.

{{ WugFresh }}
    Cool :D
    btw twrp is out.

Yes, it will auto update on first run and it will know twrp is out. Full root support. And everything.

for some reason, I can't unlock my bootloader, I reboot to bootloader and go thru the unlock script, all it does it reboot my n9

Enable "Enable OEM unlock" in developer options on your device first. Will include this info in next version.

Just an FYI for future use, the option "Force Flash Mode" does just that. It extracts the package further and flashes the images individually.

And yes, google seemed to mess these packs up a bit where that is necessary.

Root will work now on that build now that its listed. And when Chainfire releases the kernel autopatcher zip, Any Build mode will work on Lollipop, so you won't have to wait on me adding builds - although I am pretty quick! ;)

{{ WugFresh }}