NuVision TM800A510L- General Info (Root, Recovery, Unbrick)

Search This thread

kirito9

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 30, 2013
This thread intends to be a general thread for all things about the NuVision Tablet. The aim is to help other users of this tablet to be able to root their device, get a temporary recovery and to unbrick their device. I will add the guides for the following posts below in time. This would not have been possible without help from @andrei_kr.

Technical Specifications:

Display: 8-inch IPS HD capacitive touchscreen
Resolution: 1280 x 800
Operating System: Android 4.4 Kit Kat
Processor: Intel® Atom Processor
Memory: 1GB DDR
Storage: 16GB
Micro SD Card Slot: Yes, expandable up to 64GB
Camera - Rear: 2MP
Camera - Front: 2MP
Audio: 3.5mm stereo jack with microphone
Wireless: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.0
Battery Type: Rechargeable lithium-ion
Battery Life: 6+ hours; results will vary based on usage and settings
Port: Micro USB
Sensor(s): Accelerometer

Last edited:

kirito9

Oct 30, 2013
Backup/Root/Recovery

DISCLAIMER:
Rooting your phone and using custom Recoveries and ROM's have risks and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers. In case of any mishap I am not responsible if you brick/ruin your phone in any way.
Basic computer skills are required and minimal knowledge about the phone and phone utilities also.
Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.

How to backup of your stock ROM, install CWM and Root your device.

Requirements

Steps
  1. Download and unpack IntelAndroid-FBRL-07-24-2015.7z
  2. Power off tab.
  3. Hold Vol+ and press Power on the tab 5-10 seconds
  4. You can see logo about 10 sec and after that DROIDBOOT will load
  5. Connect USB cable to PC
  6. Run launch.bat from IntelAndroid-FBRL-07-24-2015 folder
  7. Type ACCEPT and press Enter
  8. Type 5 and ENTER (cwm.zip)
  9. Type T3 and ENTER (or T4)
  10. CWM will load after 10 sec.
  11. Select backup to external sd card.
  12. After the backup is complete, copy it to the PC to ensure it's safe.
  13. Follow steps 1-10 again and go to install zip from sdcard or external and select the SuperSU zip file and flash it.
NOTE: DO NOT FLASH ANY ROMS WITH THIS RECOVERY IT IS ONLY TEMPORARY. I DID NOT TEST XPOSED SO BE CAREFUL.

Credits
@andrei_kr
@social-design-concepts
@vampirefo
@Chainfire

Last edited:

kirito9

Oct 30, 2013
How to fix touch!

If you unbricked your tablet and your touch isn't working, there is no need to worry. @andrei_kr has provided a guide on how to fix that touchscreen. Credits to him.

NOTE: If your touch is working then do not try this, it will mess up your touch!!

You probably got this touchscreen issue by flashing a different kernel with incorrect drivers.

Now your configuration is likely to differ from the native. You can view the konifig in command prompt or in the terminal :
Code:
cat /proc/gt9xx_config
(only mtk) or using the gtp_tools apk (it is in the attached file below).

It starts with the byte sequence: 0x41 0x1C 0x02 0xC0 0x03

0x41 - 65 version
0x1C 0x02 - 540 horizontal resolution
0xC0 0x03 - 960 vertical resolution

Touch must somehow work to press the button, if there is support otg, then it's easier, you can connect a mouse.

1. Install the gtp_tools_v2.6_20140126_special.apk
2. Go to the option Firmware update. Click refresh, see IC Version: 913_1020 then touch GT913 firmware and 1020.
3. Go to the option Config Settings, press read, the data were considered. Under Normal Config we have:
65 version
540 horizontal resolution
960 vertical resolution

4. Click browse, select click browse to the native config.
5. Native configuration take from your device, in the same paragraph, press the save (saves the backup config file). Native configuration for Fly IQ446 in the attached file. Press send.
6. If nothing has changed, look at the version you have and native config. Then change the version of the file in the native config in your hex.
Example: 0x41 = 65 home, a stranger 0x49 = 73 => replace the 0x41 to 0x49.

Attachments

• gt911_config.zip
    10.4 MB · Views: 1,283
  • Love
Reactions: MyXelf

max0r4axor

Dec 22, 2008
Xposed does work
Make sure you're rooted and have a working backup.
Download and install Xposed but don't run yet.
Version name:
Release type:
Stable (low risk of bugs)
Download:
de.robv.android.xposed.installer_v32_de4f0d.apk (711.77 KB)
Number of downloads:
11,141,690 in total · 8,610 in the last 24 hours
MD5 checksum:
de4f0dc569f96dbcc5668d40fa76040b
Uploaded on:
Tuesday, May 20, 2014 - 21:59
Changes:
- Fixed a crash with some apps (Disa, Rdio)
- Some minor UI improvements
- A few translation updates

Now either use an android terminal emulator or ADB and run these commands
1. su
2. echo 148 > /data/data/de.robv.android.xposed.installer/conf/jit_reset_offset
3. chmod 664 /data/data/de.robv.android.xposed.installer/conf/jit_reset_offset

Now you can install the Xposed framework.

Reactions: kirito9

kirito9

Oct 30, 2013
Xposed does work
Version name:
Release type:
Download:
de.robv.android.xposed.installer_v32_de4f0d.apk .

Thanks for report.

Jingbadguy

Oct 10, 2016
First want to say much thanks for this thread, it was getting frustrating trying to find a solution.

I have encountered a slight issue trying to unstuck 2 of these devices.
neither have been rooted and are stock devices.
i cant seem to get cwm to locate the backup that you supplied.
do i need to copy it to the cwm backup folder on my sd card?

kirito9

Oct 30, 2013
First want to say much thanks for this thread, it was getting frustrating trying to find a solution.

I have encountered a slight issue trying to unstuck 2 of these devices.
neither have been rooted and are stock devices.
i cant seem to get cwm to locate the backup that you supplied.
do i need to copy it to the cwm backup folder on my sd card?

Yes you do. Copy it to your sd card. Btw if your device is stock why do you want to restore this one?

williamglick

Dec 10, 2016
NuVision TM101A510L

Will this method work with the NuVison TM101A510L. It seems like a lot of work to do if I'm not sure about this model. Also I have a problem with this model overheating and crashing when I play Pixel Gun 3d and it's pissing me off. I just fired off a curse filled missive to NuVision support. They don't even list this model on their registration page and it seems they have no faith in this model. I will never buy this brand again, in fact I would recommend against it to my customers. I've used Azpen tablets with no problem rooting or playing Pixel Gun 3d. I took a chance and I'm so damned sorry I did.

;angry

Jingbadguy

Oct 10, 2016
ok so a minor problem... I cant seem to flash the recovery... Not sure if ive placed the recovery file on my sd card properly or not cause i locate a few backup files none of which have any effect. I gave up in frustration untill now. ( Currrently working on a few androids one rooting one imea changing so figured id take a crack at these devices again. THe layer of dust on these things are getting a bit thick.)

kirito9

Oct 30, 2013
Will this method work with the NuVison TM101A510L. It seems like a lot of work to do if I'm not sure about this model. Also I have a problem with this model overheating and crashing when I play Pixel Gun 3d and it's pissing me off. I just fired off a curse filled missive to NuVision support. They don't even list this model on their registration page and it seems they have no faith in this model. I will never buy this brand again, in fact I would recommend against it to my customers. I've used Azpen tablets with no problem rooting or playing Pixel Gun 3d. I took a chance and I'm so damned sorry I did.

;angry

I think the models numbers are specific so I can't say for certain that this will work with your tab. Try the fastboot/rooting procedure first and then maybe you can just restore the system partition only not corrupting the boot/kernel.

kirito9

Oct 30, 2013
ok so a minor problem... I cant seem to flash the recovery... Not sure if ive placed the recovery file on my sd card properly or not cause i locate a few backup files none of which have any effect. I gave up in frustration untill now. ( Currrently working on a few androids one rooting one imea changing so figured id take a crack at these devices again. THe layer of dust on these things are getting a bit thick.)

You are using the fastboot method correct? If the recovery script says finished as in no errors show on the screen then it could be the device itself. What do you see?

Jingbadguy

Oct 10, 2016
You are using the fastboot method correct? If the recovery script says finished as in no errors show on the screen then it could be the device itself. What do you see?

ill let you know just as soon as i can get back to working on those devices... im prety sure if memory serves correctly, that I was getting some errors regarding unable to mound sd or ext sd. I could be wrong but thats what comes to mind.

Im up to my neck in jobs on other devices. (rooting galaxy S5, changing imei on another S5, IMEI change on a LG Stylo 2 plus, Galaxy Tab 2 system issues need to diagnose, and several screen and lcd replacments)

Reactions: kirito9

Jingbadguy

Oct 10, 2016
STUCK

ok so i have a little time to work on these....

When i run the launch.bat and get to fastboot, it goes through the instalation and everything checks ok till the very end where it says failed cause too many links.

included the screenshot so you can see.
At this point im unsure if i just need to try flashing the supersu zip like it instructs but having tried befor it had no luck.
can I not just flash twrp on this thing then su like with most root methods?

Jingbadguy

Oct 10, 2016
after ive flashed super su, when i go to restor the working backup i see a list of backups... including yours but when i select it i always get :

checking md5 sums...
md5 mismatch!
what now?

(i tried just flashing the boot but even that comes back with same error)
I know on other devices the recovery is an img file any the one you provide is a rar... i extracted to my desktop and was gonna try flashing with abd/fastboot but since its not an img file, im thinking it wont work...
any thoughts?

Im still unsure how to flash the recovery that u supply in the section for fixing bootloop....

Last edited:

kirito9

Oct 30, 2013
ok so i have a little time to work on these....

When i run the launch.bat and get to fastboot, it goes through the instalation and everything checks ok till the very end where it says failed cause too many links.

included the screenshot so you can see.
At this point im unsure if i just need to try flashing the supersu zip like it instructs but having tried befor it had no luck.
can I not just flash twrp on this thing then su like with most root methods?

The too many links error is common for this device. Touch doesn't work with TWRP on this device so CWM is out only go. You can root and using cwm like any other root method.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Backup/Root/Recovery

DISCLAIMER:
    Rooting your phone and using custom Recoveries and ROM's have risks and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers. In case of any mishap I am not responsible if you brick/ruin your phone in any way.
    Basic computer skills are required and minimal knowledge about the phone and phone utilities also.
    Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.

How to backup of your stock ROM, install CWM and Root your device.

Requirements

Steps
    1. Download and unpack IntelAndroid-FBRL-07-24-2015.7z
    2. Power off tab.
    3. Hold Vol+ and press Power on the tab 5-10 seconds
    4. You can see logo about 10 sec and after that DROIDBOOT will load
    5. Connect USB cable to PC
    6. Run launch.bat from IntelAndroid-FBRL-07-24-2015 folder
    7. Type ACCEPT and press Enter
    8. Type 5 and ENTER (cwm.zip)
    9. Type T3 and ENTER (or T4)
    10. CWM will load after 10 sec.
    11. Select backup to external sd card.
    12. After the backup is complete, copy it to the PC to ensure it's safe.
    13. Follow steps 1-10 again and go to install zip from sdcard or external and select the SuperSU zip file and flash it.
    NOTE: DO NOT FLASH ANY ROMS WITH THIS RECOVERY IT IS ONLY TEMPORARY. I DID NOT TEST XPOSED SO BE CAREFUL.

Credits
    @andrei_kr
    @social-design-concepts
    @vampirefo
    @Chainfire
    Unbrick your Tab!

To unbrick your device all you simply have to do is go back to the CWM and restore your backup that you created earlier. If you don't have one, here is a copy of a working backup ---> Google Drive. Credits to @andrei_kr, say thanks!
    This thread intends to be a general thread for all things about the NuVision Tablet. The aim is to help other users of this tablet to be able to root their device, get a temporary recovery and to unbrick their device. I will add the guides for the following posts below in time. This would not have been possible without help from @andrei_kr.

Technical Specifications:

Display: 8-inch IPS HD capacitive touchscreen
    Resolution: 1280 x 800
    Operating System: Android 4.4 Kit Kat
    Processor: Intel® Atom Processor
    Memory: 1GB DDR
    Storage: 16GB
    Micro SD Card Slot: Yes, expandable up to 64GB
    Camera - Rear: 2MP
    Camera - Front: 2MP
    Audio: 3.5mm stereo jack with microphone
    Wireless: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
    Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.0
    Battery Type: Rechargeable lithium-ion
    Battery Life: 6+ hours; results will vary based on usage and settings
    Port: Micro USB
    Sensor(s): Accelerometer
    How to fix touch!

If you unbricked your tablet and your touch isn't working, there is no need to worry. @andrei_kr has provided a guide on how to fix that touchscreen. Credits to him.

NOTE: If your touch is working then do not try this, it will mess up your touch!!

You probably got this touchscreen issue by flashing a different kernel with incorrect drivers.

Now your configuration is likely to differ from the native. You can view the konifig in command prompt or in the terminal :
    Code:
    cat /proc/gt9xx_config
    (only mtk) or using the gtp_tools apk (it is in the attached file below).

It starts with the byte sequence: 0x41 0x1C 0x02 0xC0 0x03

0x41 - 65 version
    0x1C 0x02 - 540 horizontal resolution
    0xC0 0x03 - 960 vertical resolution

Touch must somehow work to press the button, if there is support otg, then it's easier, you can connect a mouse.

1. Install the gtp_tools_v2.6_20140126_special.apk
    2. Go to the option Firmware update. Click refresh, see IC Version: 913_1020 then touch GT913 firmware and 1020.
    3. Go to the option Config Settings, press read, the data were considered. Under Normal Config we have:
    65 version
    540 horizontal resolution
    960 vertical resolution

4. Click browse, select click browse to the native config.
    5. Native configuration take from your device, in the same paragraph, press the save (saves the backup config file). Native configuration for Fly IQ446 in the attached file. Press send.
    6. If nothing has changed, look at the version you have and native config. Then change the version of the file in the native config in your hex.
    Example: 0x41 = 65 home, a stranger 0x49 = 73 => replace the 0x41 to 0x49.
    Xposed does work
    Version name:
    Release type:
    Download:
    de.robv.android.xposed.installer_v32_de4f0d.apk (711.77 KB)
    Number of downloads:
    11,141,690 in total · 8,610 in the last 24 hours
    MD5 checksum:
    de4f0dc569f96dbcc5668d40fa76040b
    Uploaded on:
    Tuesday, May 20, 2014 - 21:59
    Changes:
    - Fixed a crash with some apps (Disa, Rdio)
    - Some minor UI improvements
    - A few translation updates

Now either use an android terminal emulator or ADB and run these commands
    1. su
    2. echo 148 > /data/data/de.robv.android.xposed.installer/conf/jit_reset_offset
    3. chmod 664 /data/data/de.robv.android.xposed.installer/conf/jit_reset_offset

Now you can install the Xposed framework.