[Stock] [ROM] Karbonn Titanium S5 plus / S5+

Search This thread

shobit nair

Feb 18, 2014
i have downloaded that rom and installed it ..........................
it is the upgrade of sony xperia v2 xtreme customized ......................
do not install it coz not a stable rom as my karbonn s5 plus now i cannot do a system format as well and there is no menu also..........................
if ur installing see to that after installing the rom switch off ur device install gapps and the restart it or ur device will hang .......................
point is that it has no keyboard and only voice typing so be beware and then install:D

hey bro...im really sorry fr the bug of keyboard nd launcher ss i didnt notice about that.....
ill fix tht
or u cn fix that by jst taking a backup of a keyboard and launcher
u cn go to filemanager through settings....
i have been using since 2 months after installin keyboard and launcher....
and i guess its the best by faar....

i have used xperia v2 meta inf files (its nt a themed xperia v2)
rom is ported from canvas 2.2

there is no known developer as it is ported as well.

shobit nair

Feb 18, 2014
yees i have tried all new roms

I have been trying al new roms and i have ported 4 roms till now.....
Im losing hope for ur carbon rom now....can u please gaurantee a date for the release of
Carbom rom ......it has been long time since u are not talking about it.....just upload it....ill try to fix any errors if any.....we have a whatsapp community of all karbonn s5 plus users....it would be good if u give ur number....and please upload the caebon rom...u can keep at night if u internet is slow as u said before.

I have been trying al new roms and i have ported 4 roms till now.....
Im losing hope for ur carbon rom now....can u please gaurantee a date for the release of
Carbom rom ......it has been long time since u are not talking about it.....just upload it....ill try to fix any errors if any.....we have a whatsapp community of all karbonn s5 plus users....it would be good if u give ur number....and please upload the caebon rom...u can keep at night if u internet is slow as u said before.
Okay... It still has a few flashing errors, and sometimes doesn't boot up properly, but if anybody is willing to test and/or fix such errors, I would upload it at the earliest. Starting the upload of CarbonForKarbonn ROM now...
I'll try and finish MIUI v6 today or tomorrow. Then, Lollipop (CyanogenMod 12) would be done before mid January. I can't go on any more after that as I have my ICSE exams in February. Maybe after that, I would take development up again in April or later. Too many special classes, preparatory exams, etc. have made me unable to spare time for ROM development. I don't like to keep you waiting for too much time, so... sorry for the delay !

---------- Post added at 10:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 AM ----------

Although now many ROMs are coming up, they are all kinda outdated. The world is progressing ... i.e. Jelly Bean (4.1,4.2,4.3) -> Kitkat (4.4) -> Lollipop (5.0, 5.1, etc.) and we are still using Jelly Bean ROMs? Why are we stuck in 2009? Start Kitkat or Lollipop ROM development! A new UI is okay, but don't you experience the frustration when you find out that a much needed app of yours does not install on your device running Jelly Bean? Start porting Lollipop ROMs! Come back to the future! Anyone thinking of dumping CyanogenMod for good? I hate them, now that they are commercializing the product of the hard work of Android developers all around the world.

Uploading for the third time... Power cuts ... What can I do ?
It is at 220/506 mb now.
Well, here is the deal.
It isn't ready to flash. Sorry.
There are a few flashing errors, but hopefully, it can be worked around by using the xperia rom v2's meta inf files.
I added most init.d tweaks i could find, and also tried to integrate the xposed framework into the rom. Tell me if that works or not.
Many build.prop tweaks were added. If, by chance, I had lessened the wifi supplicant scan interval, and you got wifi signal drops frequently, change its build.prop value accordingly.
i also included the boot animation of android lollipop. guess you like it.
Since it is a kitkat rom, i doubt many unknown errors could pop up. If that happens, notify me.
The rom is signed, compressed at the highest level (ultra), zipaligned, deodexed, etc. But, due to its large number of apps, it stands at 506 mb. I could trim it down, but i havent tried it out at all, owing to a looooooooooooong quarrel between me and my father about the topic of him almost missing an important interview while i was messing about with his phone. yeah, it isn't my phone at all, it is my father's.I guess that explains why i don't give my whatsapp number.
i was not able to continue rom development when my father didn't allow me access to his phone. so, that explains the delay for most of the roms, especially xperia rom v3 and the stock rom. telling the truth. honestly.
thanks to ajinkya mishra for uploading the stock rom. saved me a few hours of my time. and a few scoldings, maybe.
it is at 239 mb now.
another thing i noticed is that we may not be able to port roms created for the android one devices, because of the fact that it is the only phone, as far as i know, which has a locked bootloader.
on the other side, i was thinking of releasing flashable ringtone albums of linkin park, you know. all songs of a particular album of linkin park in the ogg format made into a flashable zip which can be flashed onto any device. i can make such packs of any other band's album, on request. it works, 100% sure. i tried it out when my father was sleeping.
i'll do one thing. since i may not be able to create new roms, i'll just try my best to help others out.
another thing, i am also thinking about creating new recovery images, i.e with the new patches released for flashing lollipop roms and all that.
i'll also create some flashable tweak packages for this device like a collection of init.d tweaks or build.prop tweaks or something. that wouldn't involve me using my father's phone, so he'll be happy. hope you'll be too.
sorry for making you read my long story. i'll post the link soon.
it is at 285 mb now.
i completed a century ! this is my 100th post ! yaay !

Last edited:

akshayh

May 31, 2009
help

Can any 1 giv me original s5+ cwm recovery coz i am unable to install the zip given on first page i changed the rom now i have a range problem si want to switch back i tried taking backup first but it was unable to take backup

Here they are :
Preferred, Tested : Philz Touch Recovery 6.57.9 ( based on ClockWorkMod Recovery v6.0.5.1 )

gta6xDc.jpg

https://tr.im/2eae8
TWRP Recovery 2.7.1.0 ( Touch )

2YhsiKu.jpg

https://tr.im/1757c

ClockWorkMod recovery for Karbonn Titanium S5 Plus : ( Non - Touch )
tr.im/RWOT

ClockWorkMod - based recovery for Karbonn Titanium S5 Plus ( Modded by carliv @ xda )
tr.im/f2c21

The original one you are looking for is the non-touch ClockWorkMod recovery. All of the recoveries have been tried and are reported to work successfully. You have to flash these using the fastboot method. This needs the phone to be connected to the computer.

Go to the folder containing the recovery.img file you just downloaded.

Shift + Right Click on any empty space in the folder and Select Open Command Window Here

Connect the phone to the computer and make sure you have USB Debugging enabled and not USB Storage

Type these into the Command Window :

adb devices -- This should show the Device attached as KarbonnTitaniumS5Plus-xxxx or any such line.

adb get-state -- This is to ensure USB Debugging works. It will show device, recovery or offline, but here, we would be looking for device

adb reboot bootloader -- This reboots the device into Fastboot mode, also called as HBOOT or Bootloader. This mode is necessary for flashing the recovery.img file

fastboot oem unlock -- This is to ensure that you can flash xxxx.img files to specific partitions of the device.

fastboot flash <<partitionname>> <<nameofrecoveryimagefile.img>> -- This flashes the specific partition image file to the specified partition. Here, we would be looking for something like fastboot flash recovery philzrecoverys5plus.img for the PhilZ Touch Recovery and fastboot flash recovery twrprecovery.img for the TWRP Recovery and fastboot flash recovery cwmrecoverys5plus.img for the.... Well, you understand what I mean. This should show some text on the device like Transferring Flash or Writing Flash and the Time and Speed of it, that would confirm your flashing.

fastboot reboot -- This command reboots the device into the normal system, and lo, you're ready to go !

shobit nair

Feb 18, 2014
thanx for effort brothere

It flashs well using meta inf of xperia v2....

But it has a bootloop problem
Gets stuck in boot.img.........
The boot video doesnt load up....only stuck at the start
Page.....

This was the same situation happening when i tried to port
Cm12 of androidone devices.....
I think its because our sdk and kernal version needs to flashed....
Eith the kitkat or android l kernal...plus no soirce codes are available from
Karbonn...so its hard to say whether c4k would be a success....ill try to fix....

Thanx for effort

cybercrawler

Jan 8, 2014
Intencity PS 3 hub,Pune
Is it booting or not(The C4k ?)Heck I want a custom ROM.Getting boared of stock ROM.Will it work if we replace the boot.img of working ROMs with that of c4k?

Sent from my Karbonn Titanium S5 Plus using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Precisely the problem I was trying to fix from so many months. But, I know why this is happening. After so many days, I found the solution : port a Kitkat boot.img from another Mediatek device to our device. But, not from the Android One devices, as they have locked bootloaders, and we do not. To continue development, I have asked for help from @superdragonpt in porting a Kitkat kernel to this device. Let us hope he helps us. I'm trying all I can on my side, and you try what you can, too. Hopefully, we come to a solution.

shobit nair

Feb 18, 2014
ohhk.. ill try to get kitkat boot

Ill get it from micromax unite 2 or xolo q1010i..
Ill speak to mayank girdhar...
Let us hope

cybercrawler

Jan 8, 2014
Intencity PS 3 hub,Pune
Precisely the problem I was trying to fix from so many months. But, I know why this is happening. After so many days, I found the solution : port a Kitkat boot.img from another Mediatek device to our device. But, not from the Android One devices, as they have locked bootloaders, and we do not. To continue development, I have asked for help from @superdragonpt in porting a Kitkat kernel to this device. Let us hope he helps us. I'm trying all I can on my side, and you try what you can, too. Hopefully, we come to a solution.

I flashed the android L ROM .As comments by user said that the camera is not working.It force closes.So is their any workaround for this thing.Also apps like gallery and video player also have the same problem.

Sent from my Titanium S5+ using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I flashed the android L ROM .As comments by user said that the camera is not working.It force closes.So is their any workaround for this thing.Also apps like gallery and video player also have the same problem.

Sent from my Titanium S5+ using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Try fixing the permissions through recovery. That might help. I dunno as I have my exams coming up, and can't spare any time at all for ROM development. The same goes for fixing your troubles. Sorry.

---------- Post added at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 PM ----------

Ill get it from micromax unite 2 or xolo q1010i..
Ill speak to mayank girdhar...
Let us hope
MT6582 Kitkat Kernel Source code is here !
https://github.com/kashifmin/MT6582-KK-KERNEL
Make the full use of it.

Reactions: viber.ua

gsb12

Feb 27, 2015
now working plz post accurate method

I have followed your instructions to the word. The YGDP download program keeps getting stuck after pressing 'Apply' after selecting the CPB file and version.

Moreover, the drivers that you have given are ADB drivers. I have installed them prior to all this. But my s5+ still doesn't get detected after I connect it to my PC without the battery. It says the driver installation failed. I forgot what was the device name that was being shown.

Could you please help me out. I have accidentally deleted certain system applications and need to get them back. Thanks.

the cpp file is not used for user project what is this could you help plzz??:confused:

sandyworld25

Oct 8, 2014
Custom ROM suggestion

Can You Guys Suggest Me The Best Custom ROM for Karbonn Titanium S5 Plus(Bug free)?? And is there any samsung ROM supported by this phone with less Bug??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Device:
    http://www.gsmarena.com/karbonn_titanium_s5_plus-5925.php

I received a karbonn devices, which was soft bricked, and did not find much assistance by contacting them.
    Here is the procedure to flashing the stock 4.2.2 firmware.

Download necessary files:
    1. Firmware 4.2.009.P1.131118.7295MI01
    2. Flashing tool: YGDP_Setup_V3.31_131028_02_Customer
    3. Drivers if required

http://www.4shared.com/folder/zSTN87aV/Karboon_S5plus.html

1. Extract the zips
    2. Install the flashing tool YGDP_Setup_V3.31_131028_02_Customer.exe 9make sure you right-click and grant it administrator privilege)

3. Right-click and open as administrator the newly created YGDP icon in your desktop

rco494.jpg

Password : 9527

4. Select [config] button

(see pic below) Select your firmware file which should be:

Code:
    4.2.009.P1.131118.7295MI01.CPB

(note that it should end with CPB extension)

(see pic below) select customer as 7295MI01

2co0fbb.jpg

6. Press [APPLY]

7. Select [START]

8. Connect your phone without the battery

Now the update procedure would start and when it is complete without errors disconnect, insert battery and boot your devices.

If it encounters any problem repeat the process.

Rooting:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2572238

If that procedure fails you could use MTK rooter.
    Device:
    http://www.gsmarena.com/karbonn_titanium_s5_plus-5925.php

I received a karbonn devices, which was soft bricked, and did not find much assistance by contacting them.
    Here is the procedure to flashing the stock 4.2.2 firmware.

Download necessary files:
    1. Firmware 4.2.009.P1.131118.7295MI01
    2. Flashing tool: YGDP_Setup_V3.31_131028_02_Customer
    3. Drivers if required

http://www.4shared.com/folder/zSTN87aV/Karboon_S5plus.html

1. Extract the zips
    2. Install the flashing tool YGDP_Setup_V3.31_131028_02_Customer.exe 9make sure you right-click and grant it administrator privilege)

3. Right-click and open as administrator the newly created YGDP icon in your desktop

rco494.jpg

Password : 9527

4. Select [config] button

(see pic below) Select your firmware file which should be:

Code:
    4.2.009.P1.131118.7295MI01.CPB

(note that it should end with CPB extension)

(see pic below) select customer as 7295MI01

2co0fbb.jpg

6. Press [APPLY]

7. Select [START]

8. Connect your phone without the battery

Now the update procedure would start and when it is complete without errors disconnect, insert battery and boot your devices.

If it encounters any problem repeat the process.

Rooting:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2572238

If that procedure fails you could use MTK rooter.

I have followed your instructions to the word. The YGDP download program keeps getting stuck after pressing 'Apply' after selecting the CPB file and version.

Moreover, the drivers that you have given are ADB drivers. I have installed them prior to all this. But my s5+ still doesn't get detected after I connect it to my PC without the battery. It says the driver installation failed. I forgot what was the device name that was being shown.

Could you please help me out. I have accidentally deleted certain system applications and need to get them back. Thanks.
    Scatter file.

cybercrawler had asked for the scatter file of Karbonn titanium s5 plus.
    well, here it is, attached to this post.
    CWM recovery...

ClockWorkMod recovery for Karbonn Titanium S5 Plus :
    Here is the cwmrecovery.img file of karbonn titanium s5 plus, for all those who might need it.
    tr.im/RWOT
    (beware, the above link is not tried and tested ! )
    hope it helps !
    Buddy I own a Karbonn Titanium s5 Plus which i've bought 1 month ago. But unfortunately ,i installed chainfire 3d and now i'm stuck in BOOTLOOP. :( :(

I have only Rooted it and do not have any off the custom rom installed ,just the one which came in the phone
    Now, I want to get my device in its previous state it but i have disabled USB debugging options too otherwise i could have removed it earlier.

I have tried Googlin' and have searched enough XDA as well as on the other sites but nothing worked
    I am also unable to get a Working.. Stock ROM for my device
    I've SDK installed on my PC but it requires USB Debugging to be unabled

Please Guide with appropriate steps as to how should i proceed :confused: :confused:
    I'll be very Thankful :)

Flashing the stock ROM using YGDP is a 'Real pain in the Ass'.Pls don't try to do it by yourself.Trust me I have recovered from boot loops of my earlier devices many times but when my S5+ got boot loop on Friday after installing Chain fire 3D.And I spent the whole day just trying to work it around.But I couldn't. Simple solution - Give it to the service center,They'll give it back within 2 days max.I got mine in 1 hr :).Just don't try to do it by yourself. I am not telling you that you can't do it just by sitting in front of your PC.Just try to understand & save your time and above all your money. I spent useless Rs.600 on data packs for downloading and got nothing.So giving it to the service center makes sense.Cheers mate!!

Sent from my Karbonn Titanium S5 Plus using XDA Premium 4 mobile app