[Q&A][Evita] AICP

Search This thread

chrisb906

Jan 4, 2013
Hey pan.... Has the option released a new build yet?

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 07:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 AM ----------

•op

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
What happened? This place just died?

In only guesting but it looks like development has ended for this ROM, there's been no activity for nearly a month now. It's a real shame because this is an excellent ROM, easily one of the best we've had for the Evita.

Sent from my Evita

53l3c7a

Nov 13, 2011
Milwaukee, WI
In only guesting but it looks like development has ended for this ROM, there's been no activity for nearly a month now. It's a real shame because this is an excellent ROM, easily one of the best we've had for the Evita.

Sent from my Evita

I still run it! Battery life is great, and no need for Xposed.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (Flo) running AICP 3.5 Release and ElementalX 2.10.1.

chrisb906

Jan 4, 2013

Sent from my Evita

I agree

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

T

tinyb0b

Hey, I'm pretty sure i soft bricked my evita :( and i was going to reflash the rom, but i just wanted to ask if flashing would erase any data. Thanks

T

tinyb0b

No such thing as a soft brick, and it's virtually impossible to help you when such little information has been provided.

Sent from my Evita

I'm sorry. I accidentally edited the build.prop and now I am stuck in a boot loop.
I am able to go to recovery, but i can't mount system storage.
I have a backup of the build.prop.

T

tinyb0b

Having a copy of the build.prop isn't really going to help you. So you're not even able to wipe the system partition?

Sent from my Evita

haven't tried. How would I do that? Is there a program i can use to mount the system partion other than TWRP recovery?

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
Your apps are the least of your worries right now, getting your phone booting should be your main concern. You're gonna need to start fresh anyway, attempting to dirty flash after such a fatal mistake is an awful idea. So yes, you're gonna lose your apps, because you need to perform a full wipe (system/data/cache/dalvik cache) and clean flash a ROM to get your phone booting. Don't you make backups of your apps with Titanium anyway?

Sent from my Evita

T

tinyb0b

Your apps are the least of your worries right now, getting your phone booting should be your main concern. You're gonna need to start fresh anyway, attempting to dirty flash after such a fatal mistake is an awful idea. So yes, you're gonna lose your apps, because you need to perform a full wipe (system/data/cache/dalvik cache) and clean flash a ROM to get your phone booting. Don't you make backups of your apps with Titanium anyway?

Sent from my Evita

Yes I make backups with rom toolbox pro, but this was unexpected and I haven't made a backup recently.

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
You should pay the few bucks it costs for Titanium Backup Pro, you can schedule auto backups to run whenever you want. Right now though you're straight outta luck. Is that all you use ROM Toolbox for? Titanium is far superior.

Sent from my Evita

Last edited:
Reactions: oranget

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    be patient. its not like OP has to update this...he brought the ROM in his free time, and maintains it in his free time too

at any rate, never ask for ETA's

@Scozzar @pandasa123 @chris906 I will have update coming soon. I will have three versions. Such as AICP 2 , AICP2.5 <-- next version , AICP3. AICP versions with the .5s will be only for this rom other AICP rom maintainers wont release .5 versions but I will to update its base source codes. Updating it like this should fix some errors.

I have been busy with my school work but I also erased my last OS and am setting upa VM and dedicating 500gbs to it along with 4 or more gbs of ram. I have 16 gbs of ram and can allocate ram b/w pc and virtual machine depending on what Im doing. Im doing it like this so I have more storage space available.

I will be releasing AICP 2.5 this weekend or earlier as soon as my virtual machine is all set up. >.- My other rom will also be updated at the same time. Im doing it like this because now I can play games like BF4, AC4, Titanfall at the same time as building roms and coding. Couldnt do it at same time w/out vm so no Im more motivated. Just setting up build enviroment. Then going to set up workspaces for 6 roms im maintaining and finish 2 eng111 essays. :D Thats why Ive been busy.

@nicolahaye this only works on devices with navbars already. Ill ask about getting an option to enable one.

Uh oh....you're in trouble.. Lol

@oranget sorry just have been extremely busy and setting up a build enviroment on vm for more space for school and other stuff. updates for all roms I maintain will be coming soon
    [SIZE=+2]This thread has been created for Questions & Answers/Troubleshooting[/SIZE]​
    [SIZE=+2]Specific to[/SIZE]

AICP
    http://i.imgur.com/9wtSOkh.jpg
    For the HTC One XL

Click link here>> [ROM][Evita][Official] AICP - 2.0 - KK <<Click link here

Please feel free to share issues, questions and offer help.

It's always best to thank a ROM OP in lieu of simply posting "thankyou".

z7e6jQa.jpg

Please keep discussion focused, on the topic described in the OP.

z7e6jQa.jpg
    Are your active notifications turned on? If so, turn them off, see if they go away.

That was it. Actually, there's a setting for lockscreen notifications that I turned off. Still can get active notifications, but no more of the other. Thanks!

Sent from my One X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    OK. Force closes on messaging.

Well report to the team thanks for letting us know!
    @chrisb906 try wiping cache and data off sms app? then reboot see what happens might work. If not full wipe or try third part sms app like google hangouts as main sms app or Textra.
    @cbasse + @oranget thanks for help each other to solve each others problems! If anyone finds bugs please do @Techinstein or if major bug pm me or also the bug option on top of tab section!

Glad its super stable for you guys! Is on my testing device. A little birdie told me an update is coming. >.- Making AICP for a legacy xperia device also official. Now going to be managing at least 6 roms! :p Thank others and me included if we help you in any way!
    What happened? This place just died?

Sent from my Evita