[APP][4.2+] PhotoGuard - Photo Vault Hide Photos & Videos ?

Search This thread

WelCoMe2DeT

Sep 2, 2013
Hello guys !

A few days ago, I released the app I've been working on for the about 2 years - PhotoGuard.
PhotoGuard is basically a photo vault and it will protect your photos & videos.
The main architecture was shared with some of the best security consultants, applying it.

Knowing my competitors, best efforts were taken on:
1. Security - Making sure that the encrypted files will be stored on the user's devices (without any servers involved), and indeed unbreakable without knowing someone's passphrase. (If anyone would like to know extra information about the way it was implemented in the app, send me a message please)
2. UI/UX - Making sure that the security layer is as much as transparent to the endpoint user, so that the UI/UX is beautiful and smooth.

Currently the app doesn't have any ads or premium payments (even though the app page states there are), so it's totally free app.

I'll be very glad if you guys are willing to visit the app page and try using this really amazing app.

PhotoGuard Play Store Link

Some screenshots:
photoguard_lock_screen.pngphotoguard_albums.jpgphotoguard_photos.jpgphotoguard_import.jpgphotoguard_camera.jpgphotoguard_camera.jpgphotoguard_video.jpg

Please do not hesitate to write any comment :)
Thank you!

Last edited:

WelCoMe2DeT

Sep 2, 2013
Thanks for sharing the app. Does it allow you to have multiple vaults with different PINs? Can we sync to Google Drive? TIA!
Thank you!

The app has albums and you can apply a password to each of the albums, so basically an album can be treated as a standalone vault.
There will be a sync to Google Drive and other cloud services in the coming updates! :)

Bingley

Jan 6, 2011
Netherfield
Great, thanks!
I would *love* it if this was open source. It seems all vaults - entrusted with out most private pictures and documents - require us to blindly trust the publishers not to do anything bad or copy them. Would this be something you would be able to alay by going open source?

Edit: a dark theme would be amazing!

Furthermore, many XDA users are privacy-savvy and going open source would likely get you on f-droid and privacytools.io and their reddit sub, you'd reach so many users this way. Please think abount going open sauce :)

Last edited:

J_M_V_S

Mar 11, 2012
Buenos Aires
www.hsws.com.ar
Thank you!

The app has albums and you can apply a password to each of the albums, so basically an album can be treated as a standalone vault.
There will be a sync to Google Drive and other cloud services in the coming updates! :)

Thanks for your reply. Is there any way to hide the albums? I usually have 2 or 3 "vaults" independent from each other. For what I understand you can set password for every album, but all of them will be visible on the "front page", correct?

Great, thanks!
I would *love* it if this was open source. It seems all vaults - entrusted with out most private pictures and documents - require us to blindly trust the publishers not to do anything bad or copy them. Would this be something you would be able to alay by going open source?

Furthermore, many XDA users are privacy-savvy and going open source would likely get you on f-droid and privacytools.io and their reddit sub, you'd reach so many users this way. Please think abount going open sauce :)

+1
And so the journey begins!

WelCoMe2DeT

Sep 2, 2013
Great, thanks!

Thank you for your reply!
I will be thinking about going open source, I've sent you a private message regarding that!

Thanks for your reply. Is there any way to hide the albums? I usually have 2 or 3 "vaults" independent from each other. For what I understand you can set password for every album, but all of them will be visible on the "front page", correct?

The albums are shown but without a "front page", if you set a password to the album, the "front page" which is basically the last photo in the album is not visible and users will see a "locked album" icon.

WelCoMe2DeT

Sep 2, 2013
Just started using this after switching from GalleryVault. It's fast, but could do with a few things: unhide to original location, fast select/select all when adding/unhiding, backup/restore

I'm very glad you're using PhotoGuard, thank you for the suggestions!
1. Unhiding to original location: I think it would be a bit problematic. What happens if the user doesn't remember from which album/folder he originally took it from, furthermore, what location do pictures/videos that are taken in the app itself should be exported to?
2. select all - a feature that will be available within the app when selecting items to export/share/delete.
3. backup/restore - The app saves its encrypted data in the external storage. which means that the data is backed up automatically. So when you install the app back, it recgonizes your existing vault with the data in it.

The next significant feature that will be added to PhotoGuard is a private encrypted cloud that will be available to users using their Google Drive account.

lpsld

Nov 3, 2016
Just started using this after switching from GalleryVault. It's fast, but could do with a few things: unhide to original location, fast select/select all when adding/unhiding, backup/restore
Ive been using GalleryVault for a very long time now, which one do you prefer more?

How is the encryption on this App, would anyone be able to like "hack" my Pictures on there? I'm just curious because I found nothing about that in GalleryVault and it seems interesting if this App can do that better

Bingley

Jan 6, 2011
Netherfield
Ive been using GalleryVault for a very long time now, which one do you prefer more?

How is the encryption on this App, would anyone be able to like "hack" my Pictures on there? I'm just curious because I found nothing about that in GalleryVault and it seems interesting if this App can do that better

I still prefer GalleryVault, but I'm midful of it being close source and their sync option is pushed heavily. I do not want my stuff in the cloud.

I'm not sure on either's encryption, but oyu have to trust something.

J0nhy

Jan 22, 2016
This seems fricking great, im currently using eds to protect my videos and photos, have you tough about this app protect videos as well? Thanks man really nice app

pacmanman

Apr 7, 2012
Santiago
LG Nexus 5X
Google Pixel 3
Nice!, I was looking for an on the fly camera with encryption, I was using SafeCamera for a long time.
- When rotate the phone during a video play, it starts the decryption again I think.
- Pictures and videos won't keep the normal view as taken in another camera, I mean the pic keeps "sideway", so If I rotate the phone the pic rotate again :(
- Any plan to create a tool for PC as SafeCamera has?

Thanks again, great job!

Bingley

Jan 6, 2011
Netherfield
-please *no* browser, keep it a gallery :)
-new look&feel...I can't see any difference
-app feels fast, but a dark theme would be nice
-please remember where photos are added from so when they're removed/unhidden from the app they can be restored to their original folder AND original file name - app shouldn't touch any file info
-backup/restore would be nice to transfer between devices encrypted.
-break in attempts could be something to look at ie capture front camera image from incorrect pin/fingerprint
-in albums, list & current gallery view would be nice
-viewing an image, text overlay of image number ie 34/300 perhaps
-I'm hugely against a cloud link, but do what you will :)

re 'What happens if the user doesn't remember from which album/folder he originally took it from, furthermore, what location do pictures/videos that are taken in the app itself should be exported to?'
That's the point, the user doesn't need to remember the original folder, just restore it to the one it came from or give the option to. App-captured images should to to the folder you currently export them to, PhotoGuardPublic.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello guys !

A few days ago, I released the app I've been working on for the about 2 years - PhotoGuard.
    PhotoGuard is basically a photo vault and it will protect your photos & videos.
    The main architecture was shared with some of the best security consultants, applying it.

Knowing my competitors, best efforts were taken on:
    1. Security - Making sure that the encrypted files will be stored on the user's devices (without any servers involved), and indeed unbreakable without knowing someone's passphrase. (If anyone would like to know extra information about the way it was implemented in the app, send me a message please)
    2. UI/UX - Making sure that the security layer is as much as transparent to the endpoint user, so that the UI/UX is beautiful and smooth.

Currently the app doesn't have any ads or premium payments (even though the app page states there are), so it's totally free app.

I'll be very glad if you guys are willing to visit the app page and try using this really amazing app.

PhotoGuard Play Store Link

Some screenshots:
    photoguard_lock_screen.pngphotoguard_albums.jpgphotoguard_photos.jpgphotoguard_import.jpgphotoguard_camera.jpgphotoguard_camera.jpgphotoguard_video.jpg

Please do not hesitate to write any comment :)
    Thank you!
    Great, thanks!

Thanks for sharing the app. Does it allow you to have multiple vaults with different PINs? Can we sync to Google Drive? TIA!
    Abandoned? Open-sourced?
    This app has so much potential but in still relying on GalleryVault despite it seeming a little pushy with other £ features.