[MOD] [XPOSED] [4.1 - 7.x] Fake My GPS [v3.2.1]

Search This thread

lonewy2005

Sep 21, 2016
The only other thing I can think of relates to one of my previous posts about needing a real GPS fix before spoofing can work. The spoofing actually replaces the real location it receives from the GPS radio so if there is no GPS fix, there is no updated location, and no faked location.

Make sure your device has an actual GPS fix before using spoofing features.

I think that might be the reason. Could you please explain or point me to some wiki page about what exactly is an "Actual GPS fix"? I am sorry that I have never heard of this term before.
Regards.

zzpianoman

Jun 25, 2008
New York
I think that might be the reason. Could you please explain or point me to some wiki page about what exactly is an "Actual GPS fix"? I am sorry that I have never heard of this term before.
Regards.

Actual GPS fix just means that your device's internal GPS radio has acquired information from enough satellites to determine its current location. You can use an app called GPS Status to see the live satellite information for your device's GPS radio. Just make sure to exclude it from the FakeMyGPS app so you will get information about your device's actual location.

emilic

Mar 15, 2007
Hi there, is it possible to send commands through tasker to this app? As in setting up the coordinates automatically?

Sent from my Xperia Z1 Compact using Tapatalk

Reactions: PantsDownJedi

bam099

Aug 19, 2004
Feature request: speed control for joystick walking

Is it possible to add speed control and auto walk?

Thank you so much in advance for this great app!
I was going to ask for a way to change the speed when using the joystick, when I saw it was just asked. The slight variations (3m)or so does sound great as well, but if we had the ability to vary the speed of the movement then you could just set to the lowest speed and lightly nudge the joystick every so often.

Thanks again for a great app!

zzpianoman

Jun 25, 2008
New York
Thank you so much in advance for this great app!
I was going to ask for a way to change the speed when using the joystick, when I saw it was just asked. The slight variations (3m)or so does sound great as well, but if we had the ability to vary the speed of the movement then you could just set to the lowest speed and lightly nudge the joystick every so often.

Thanks again for a great app!

Thanks so much for trying the app.

As you probably already have figured out, the speed does increase slightly the further out you move the "dot" in the joystick. I will consider adding in the option to set a constant speed, as well as adjusting the size of the joystick so you have more precise control over movement.

bam099

Aug 19, 2004
Thanks so much for trying the app.

As you probably already have figured out, the speed does increase slightly the further out you move the "dot" in the joystick. I will consider adding in the option to set a constant speed, as well as adjusting the size of the joystick so you have more precise control over movement.
The app is great! I did notice that it adjusts as you move the joystick further then the speed increases....but it is hard to control, at least for my gorilla fingers. I am not at all a developer, but would a slider right above the joystick be difficult to implement? Thanks for being so quick to respond.

zzpianoman

Jun 25, 2008
New York
Will be implemented the driving simulation (with car) function in the future?
With also auto slow turn or when passing the intersections.

This module was never intended to have movement simulation. I only added in the joystick at the request of one user. I will possibly add a few more features to allow more specific control of movement, but I don't foresee anything too complicated.

Thanks for trying the app!

Reactions: kerpert

Carom3de

Nov 20, 2014
Please, I'm using a S4 I9500 with stock 4.4.2
Can I use this app? (I'm asking because in the XPOSED say "4.4.4 - 6.x")
Thank you very much!

jpascalz

Feb 18, 2012
I am a Fake GPS user.

Your soft is greater because we can define blacklist. But tasker fonctionnality lacks. I hope this will coming soon. ;)

Reactions: PantsDownJedi

tanujbatra17

Aug 19, 2013
@zzpianoman I am trying to use Fake My GPS on my OnePlus 3 running on Android Marshmallow. I set a location in the app and click on run, get a notification that Fake my GPS is running, but none of the apps is detecting my fake location and they show my current location only. Any other steps to be done?

zzpianoman

Jun 25, 2008
New York
@zzpianoman I am trying to use Fake My GPS on my OnePlus 3 running on Android Marshmallow. I set a location in the app and click on run, get a notification that Fake my GPS is running, but none of the apps is detecting my fake location and they show my current location only. Any other steps to be done?

Are you excluding any apps?

Some apps use Google Play Services to acquire location, in which case, you must NOT exclude Play Services if you want to fake location for these apps.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Introduction:
    Fake My GPS allows you to select a custom GPS location that will be seen by apps of your choosing. This module simulates location using the device's built-in location providers and does not require the "mock locations" setting.

Possible uses for this module include:

-Setting your exact location in an area with poor satellite visibility.
    -Increased privacy by not sending your exact location to apps that request it.
    -Save battery life by reducing polling to the GPS radio.
    -And more!

NOTE: You must enable location services to use this module. All location providers are supported (network, GPS, fused)

This module also requires Google Play Services for the maps engine and place picker.

Features:
    • App blacklisting support (don't send Fake GPS to specified apps)
    • Doesn't run in the background
    • Persistent notification message (option to disable it)
    • Place picker with full text search
    • Store up to 10 frequently used locations*
    • Customize map view for either normal, satellite, hybrid or terrain
    • Altitude faking**
    • Joystick overlay to simulate live movement in fake location

*You can add a favorite by long-pressing the address info card. Favorites can also be renamed by long-pressing on the favorite item in the list.

**Altitude is calculated using the selected GPS location's elevation data. Essentially, this sets your fake altitude to ground level relative to sea level) for that particular location.

If you like my work, please consider making a donation!

LATEST VERSION: Fake My GPS v3.2.1

XDA:DevDB Information
    Fake My GPS - Xposed , Xposed for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    zzpianoman
    Xposed Package Name: com.fakemygps.android

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 3.2.1
    Stable Release Date: 2016-09-11

Created 2016-08-20
    Last Updated 2018-03-02
    UPDATE:

Fake My GPS v3.2

CHANGELOG:
    ✓ Support for Nougat, 7.x
    UPDATE:

Fake My GPS v3.2.1

CHANGELOG:
    ✓ Minor bug fixes
    ✓ Update Google maps/location SDK
    UPDATE:

Fake My GPS v3.0

CHANGELOG:

• Completely reworked location spoofing method should make it bulletproof for all apps*
    • Support for older Android versions (4.1+)
    • Redesigned Excluded Apps menu now shows app icons next to labels
    • Map now shows your real location at all times (blue dot). Must grant Location permission to use this feature
    • Slightly larger Joystick for more precise control over realtime movement
    • Module now works with ALL location providers! (Network, GPS, fused)
    • Local address now updates after moving to a new location using the joystick

*Google Play Services is no longer available in the "Exclude Apps" menu since many apps use it to request location updates and faking location for Play Services can lead to unpredictable behavior for other apps. Play Services will be faked, however, if the excluded apps list is 0. Future implementations will allow for full device-wide spoofing (as of now, faking your location for Android Device Manager is not possible).