24/11 - Finally, an unlocked SPL for Hero!

Search This thread

wagjj

Sep 7, 2009
I've had this unlocked Hero SPL for a while now, and it's super useful for flashing unsigned updates and cool stuff like custom splashes. Unfortunately i've not been able to distribute it... until now! :D

WARNING

A PROBLEM FLASHING THE SPL CAN BRICK YOUR DEVICE - as such, proceed with caution. Don't flash this unless you need it, flash at your own risk, flash only to a GSM Hero and do not interrupt the flashing process (which happens on the first reboot after applying the zip). YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

The SPL, version 1.76.2007, is in the usual update zip format.

Download: MoDaCo

Enjoy! :)

P

hi, modaco
can this SPL used on G2 magic 32A offical sense rom?
we can not flash rom after we update htc offical sense rom for G2 magic? do you have any idea to root or downgrade from the G2 mgic sense?
thanks

packetlss

Aug 10, 2009
hi, modaco
can this SPL used on G2 magic 32A offical sense rom?
we can not flash rom after we update htc offical sense rom for G2 magic? do you have any idea to root or downgrade from the G2 mgic sense?
thanks
The SPL has quite a big chance of working probably. Esp since the Sense Sapphire SPL (1.76.0007) is identical to the same version on the Hero.

Regarding rooting I'm not sure. I assume you guys have tried the asroot2 exploit? Or latest flashrec?

As you may know the offical Sense rom for sapphires changed the layout of the partitions in the NAND on the phone, thats why it uses the same SPL as the Hero (the layout is the same as the Hero after the upgrade). So downgrading to an old ROM will probably not be possible without some creative restructe of the NAND layout. But rooting should be possible.

Lugia

Dec 21, 2008
hi paul, thank you so much for all your great work so far!

i have only one question to anyone who can answer it...

i did the update.zip through recovery mode..
now i rebooted and it automatically returned to recovery mode saying the following on bottom screen:

Build : RA-hero-v1.3.2
Formatting CACHE:...

that is pretty much it... can i asume the SPL flashed 100% correctly? or do i have to wait for anything?

i wont do anything with my phone until i have a good answer :$ i dont want to brick it
i just have my phone for about 12 hours :p

dying4004

Oct 15, 2009
hi paul, thank you so much for all your great work so far!

i have only one question to anyone who can answer it...

i did the update.zip through recovery mode..
now i rebooted and it automatically returned to recovery mode saying the following on bottom screen:

Build : RA-hero-v1.3.2
Formatting CACHE:...

that is pretty much it... can i asume the SPL flashed 100% correctly? or do i have to wait for anything?

i wont do anything with my phone until i have a good answer :$ i dont want to brick it
i just have my phone for about 12 hours :p

Its already done bro. just reboot the phone. :D

wagjj

Sep 7, 2009
The SPL has quite a big chance of working probably. Esp since the Sense Sapphire SPL (1.76.0007) is identical to the same version on the Hero.

Regarding rooting I'm not sure. I assume you guys have tried the asroot2 exploit? Or latest flashrec?

As you may know the offical Sense rom for sapphires changed the layout of the partitions in the NAND on the phone, thats why it uses the same SPL as the Hero (the layout is the same as the Hero after the upgrade). So downgrading to an old ROM will probably not be possible without some creative restructe of the NAND layout. But rooting should be possible.

hi,packetlss, thanks for your comments.
yes. I have try the latest flashrec and try downgrade the ROM v2.53.707.2 (Engineerings SPL v1.33.2010), all effort does not work.
it is ultimately frustrating experience.
can you study this SPL and help us to find a way to root our g2 magic again?
thanks

qvert

Oct 10, 2008
i want to create my own splashscreen but i've got a question
doesn't the hero have 2 of them? one with the hero logo and one with the htc logo? how can i replace both?

gugi_sat

Dec 1, 2004
deals4today.co.uk
hi Gurus

Just a quick question will this work on T-Mobile G2 2.73.110.26.

i was trying rooting my g2 but no luck so far

if this work, i believe i can flash any ROM on my G2 and get rid of tmobile splash scree etc..

regards
gugi

cursordroid

Jul 20, 2009
Edmonton
Proof of concept, nothing more... Please do not try this with your 32A magic until it can be verified to work by somebody out there just as crazy as me... Actually, unless you're absolutely stupid, do not try this at this point.

By the way, I still don't know how to change your perfected 1.76.0007 SPL to the 1.76.2007 Engineering SPL, but I know that this Engineering SPL will run on the 32A Magic.

You need the 6.35.07.29 radio installed first. And you can't go back to the 32A original radio.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=589596

Please do the Hero users the decency of not discussing the Magic 32A in their forum. There is a forum for that.

Last edited:

evilive27

Dec 22, 2008
Will this SPL work with the HERO130?
I have a Telus Hero and was wondering if there would be any ill effects if i flashed this SPL

fxjade

May 7, 2009
Hrmm...

Well, I've actually been reading along and... ain't sure of a few things:

-I can already do whatever I please with my hero (MCR 2.9 : rooted), including flashing boot images, etc.

-This actually lets me do anything like that with an *un*rooted ROM? and without the patched recovery? or what?

Amdathlonuk

May 10, 2009
Abergavenny
Well, I've actually been reading along and... ain't sure of a few things:

-I can already do whatever I please with my hero (MCR 2.9 : rooted), including flashing boot images, etc.

-This actually lets me do anything like that with an *un*rooted ROM? and without the patched recovery? or what?

No, you're flashing the SECOND boot image, this will rid the T-Mobile initial splash screen also.

Amdathlonuk

May 10, 2009
Abergavenny
Can anyone post instructions on how to fastboot this across?

I'm no idiot but unfortunately I have NEVER used fastboot and only seem to have installed the drivers tonight.

Any help would be appreciated.

When I click on my Fastboot.exe it flashes up a CMD prompt really quickly then it just dissappears....... :confused:

I've opened a CMD prompt manually but to be honest, I'm not sure what I'm doing.

jestn

Nov 25, 2009
Brussels
Hi,

what's the point of flashing the SPL for now beside allowing custom bootscreen ?

I can understand it allows more access to the phone, but seems to me that it's not used (yet?) in anyway if the phone is already rooted.

Also, is there a way to know what's my current SPL ?

thanks

DanH48

Nov 9, 2009
West Sussex
Hi,

what's the point of flashing the SPL for now beside allowing custom bootscreen ?

I can understand it allows more access to the phone, but seems to me that it's not used (yet?) in anyway if the phone is already rooted.

Also, is there a way to know what's my current SPL ?

thanks

This SPL allows you to flash unsigned updates aswell so its more aimed at a developer/tester.