Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

wyldkard

Oct 23, 2010
Boston
OnePlus 6
OnePlus 6T
So I'm assuming no further donations are needed?

I'm still wanting to know if this is going to help out view owners. I never got an answer before, so I didn't donate.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

Co-sign. We Viewers would also like to see an AOSP, CM or even ICS rom and you will probably get more donations if you released a rom for both.

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium

Reactions: j510 and RED ZMAN

drewgaren

Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 4, 2010
Detroit
So I'm assuming no further donations are needed?

I'm still wanting to know if this is going to help out view owners. I never got an answer before, so I didn't donate.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

No donations are still needed I have only raised $288 and some change, I have to pay off the device that cost $467 and some cents and donations help for continued work on the project as well. I have not raised all the donations.

---------- Post added at 01:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 AM ----------

Co-sign. We Viewers would also like to see an AOSP, CM or even ICS rom and you will probably get more donations if you released a rom for both.

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium

I will be working on both AOSP and CM projects of ICS

teorouge

Jul 29, 2008
Trento
Thanks, just a quick question: are you going to try port some Sense 4 with landscape support + ICS ROM? Actually that is the thing I'm looking for then I'm just guessing. Cheers for you helping the Flyer community anyway! :)

RED ZMAN

I think my question, along with a few others asking it, is not getting answered...

Let me clarify. I've got the HTC Evo View 4g, another version of the Flyer.

We are asking if donating to this is going to help ICS development for our device.

I just got CM9 on my Og Samsung Galaxy Tab last night, and will probably just sell the View if we aren't realistically looking at getting ICS. I don't need 3 tablets.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: sbrownla

wind-rider

Mar 29, 2008
I think my question, along with a few others asking it, is not getting answered...

Let me clarify. I've got the HTC Evo View 4g, another version of the Flyer.

We are asking if donating to this is going to help ICS development for our device.

I just got CM9 on my Og Samsung Galaxy Tab last night, and will probably just sell the View if we aren't realistically looking at getting ICS. I don't need 3 tablets.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
Maybe it helps if you can explain the differences, so that it becomes clear if a separate device would be needed to develop for it?

Last edited:

kudosmog

Aug 2, 2010
Maybe it helps if you can explain the differences, so that it becomes clear if a separate device would be needed to develop for it?

If it's being developed for the flyer, it won't help the view.
If it could, there wouldn't be two separate sections for flyer development and view development.

There used to be information on why they were not compatible in the Flyer development section but it looks like they cleaned that section up and now I can't find it.

Basically from my memory it's not as simple as the view = a flyer with a 4g radio. Instead there is a different processor? or some different hardware that makes development/ROM's for the flyer not work for the view and vice versa.

That being said, this ICS project seems to be just like the other ICS projects currently in development for the flyer, except this is being done on a 3g version and not a wifi only version.

I wish I had more detailed specs so I could answer the question for sure, but to me is looks like it's no good for the view.

EDIT: looks like the processors are slightly different.
Processor in the Flyer P510E: Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM8255T
Processor in the Flyer 4G P515E: Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM8255T
Processor in the View 4g: Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM8655

Got that information from http://pdadb.net, so it's not directly from HTC and might not be accurate, but I couldn't find it anywhere else.

Last edited:
Reactions: RED ZMAN

kudosmog

Aug 2, 2010
He already ordered it from Amazon for ~450.00 USD, and has to make up about another 200 dollars in donations(I believe).

Chaosz-X

Jan 25, 2011
As a way to show my appreciation, I can make a new design for your website if you want to! I'm a graphical designer, and I can make you a brand new site. If you like the initial preview, I'll make a website out if it. It's good for my design gallery too (on my own website, which I am remaking at the moment).

If you are interested, don't hesitate to PM me ;)

drewgaren

Nov 4, 2010
Detroit
As a way to show my appreciation, I can make a new design for your website if you want to! I'm a graphical designer, and I can make you a brand new site. If you like the initial preview, I'll make a website out if it. It's good for my design gallery too (on my own website, which I am remaking at the moment).

If you are interested, don't hesitate to PM me ;)

Thanks for the offer, but I only use iWeb because I can quickly update when necessary. I am well capable to build a full site. I just like the fact that I can update really fast.

drewgaren

Nov 4, 2010
Detroit
Sense Questions

This one isn't going to have HTC sense, will it?

Okay a few people have asked about Sense on the Flyer. There is already a ported Sense version for Flyer out there. This is ICS without Sense! I repeat there will be no Sense in this version. It's not a ported version. It's compiled ICS and it's still a work in progress I'm coming along pretty well.

If you guys want a Sense version also. After I complete the regular ICS version I will work on getting a Sense version together. I have not received my device yet it should be here tomorrow or the day after but this is going to be ICS.

I have so far started compiling ICS and nearly completed a build. I am working on fixing each error along the way. This is just a test until I get my device and really dive into work as not having the device is all just sort of a test phase.

---------- Post added at 01:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 AM ----------

$200 sent. Good luck!

Much Appreciated!

The device is now paid off and all other donations will go to my time, work and support put into the project and building ICS for the Flyer!

I will be building ICS for 3G and Wifi as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys I'm headed home today so I'll be able to get more work done on ics and a new kernel. Sorry I can't reply back for some reason I can't view previous pages on the xda app and using the browser is a pain.

I have made a ton of progress though. I have a compiled version of ics up and running with honeycomb soff there is no need to send a command for the touch screen to work like chaosx's original kernel build. I have no force reboots. The most important issue that I currently face is getting the screen working properly. This seems to be because the graphics aren't updated for ics but I'm working on a work arounds currently that will better fix the problem. I am also working on a wifi fix. Sound and data, back camera seem to work fine and pretty much everything else. The front camera does not work though I have not tested it with the full ics lib files necessary. I will try. I have the most up to date kernel from HTC and will be building a new kernel from that to see if it helps in anyway with graphics and wifi. I have a few tricks up my sleeve to get you guys a full proper build. I had it running on my flyer but it needs to be perfect and a few more pieces need to fit into the puzzle to get it there. I know I have been lacking on my github but when I'm done I'll get everything for you guys so you can build as well.

About a sense version: a sense version will very well come out when I get prop files.

Download eta: these builds can't be rushed I want to say sooner then later. I will have the builds at my site so pay attention there. The reason I haven't released any yet is that I will not be held responsible for what errors you make while installing it or what's happens to your flyer. I will get a test build up shortly that will not be the final product.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA
    Update and Upcoming Beta Test Download

No I'm not continiuing Chaos's work except working off of their Kernel. For my first beta that I will be uploading soon I compiled base on Ice Cold Sandwich 7.4 and my own device modifications, build, patch and compiling modifications, kernel modifications and other neccessary modifications.

I am also currently building a new kernel based off of LordClockan's kernel which is in testing and I am also testing another kernel that I am working on based on Leedroid's kernel.

The current beta that I will be releasing on my site in the next few days will not be the final build, but is a just a proof of concept that I am making a huge progress. I am currently working on a CM9 build and AOSP build that I should have done within the next week.

What works in the current beta:
    Data
    Camera
    Video Recorder
    Audio
    Storage
    NTrig Pen (Though there is not really a use for it)
    most other things...

What doesn't work:
    Graphic errors (screen may at times look like it's having a siezure)
    Wifi (does not work yet, kernel error, needs fixing...)
    Front Camera (haven't put the files in yet)

It will be coming soon. I worked my whole vacation to get a pretty good version ready. This will not be a daily driver by any means but with my new kernels in testing and my new builds in progress it should turn out great.

Also I appreciate any donations as I don't really have a job right now and I have to pay the bills some how.

You guys are great, check my site soon for a download.

Screens are attached.
    Updates!

Just got my Flyer from UPS! I opened it up and was sad to see that has 0% charge so I'm charging it up right now so I can begin some hardcore work tonight.

So far I have made progress, I have fixed many compiling issues and everything should boot up fine. I will be compiling build today and then testing out the Flyer for bugs later tonight if all goes well.

Wish me luck. I'll report everything later on my website as well.

Any downloads I have that are ready will be posted eventually on my site and all progress will be updated on the site later tonight or tomorrow.

I won't have any downloads up until I have at least a partially working build up. I have not tested anything yet.
    Replies

I am not new to XDA i just normally do not post any thing in the threads. I am posting in the threads now because of my work for the Flyer. I don't post because of the fact I have to keep checking up on the threads and it takes a lot of work. I will be checking up on the Flyer thread though.

Yes when I received my Flyer I semi bricked by attempting to install someone elses rom and test some features. Didn't work. So no I have S-OFF Honeycomb on just fine and dandy working great.

Lets talk ICS progress:

I have a beta up and running, I'm going to be testing it because I just got it running last night. I will put it my site if all goes well.

In the mean time I working on another build. Screen shots will also be post at my site later.
    Oké guys.

Let's say we close this thread till we actually see something right ;)

Cheers
    Whiskey
    Forum Moderator