[FXZ] 6.7.246 - Final ICS

Search This thread

geekabilly

Jul 18, 2009
You, Sir, are a gentleman and a scholar -- not to mention a Bionic hackers best friend

MarcMaiden

Sep 17, 2010
Fremont, CA
I need to revert my Dad's Bionic to stock - it's running the latest stock GB update - but with a custom recovery so the updates will not install.

Can I use this to bring it to ICS from GB? or will this have an adverse effect?

silvernirvash

Jan 27, 2011
so is this the official OTA ICS fxz? if so then i can just use THIS to get back onto the OTA update path can't i?

Xaotikdesigns

May 9, 2011
Pittsburgh
Xaotikdesigns.com
Since I haven't used my Bionic in a while, and I'm not up to all the lingo. I've currently got the stock rooted rom on my phone now. I'm guessing this is the update that was just pushed out.

Will I need to re-root my phone after?

I'm pretty sure if I let it do the OTA, I have to re-root (I also haven't run stock roms on any of my phones in a while), is that the case with the download?

digitalr0gue

Nov 13, 2008
California
Since I haven't used my Bionic in a while, and I'm not up to all the lingo. I've currently got the stock rooted rom on my phone now. I'm guessing this is the update that was just pushed out.

Will I need to re-root my phone after?

I'm pretty sure if I let it do the OTA, I have to re-root (I also haven't run stock roms on any of my phones in a while), is that the case with the download?

Yes.

Reactions: anarchian

anarchian

Nov 29, 2011
When something goes wrong as usual since I love tinkering with my phone, I simply flash GB again. With this update, what to do? Can this be rooted? Does this works with bootstrap/safestrap?
Thanks for noticing my silly questions :eek:

SCFirefighter

Oct 14, 2012
Christmas came early this year! :thumbup:

-- Sent from my DROID BIONIC on the KEXEC() enabled latest Linux kernel compiled for Key Lime Pie, with backwards compatibility.

will4958

Jun 13, 2008
Going from .2233 ICS leak to .246 OTA.

This is gonna sound like a noob question here, but since I'm currently on the .2233 ICS leak, I can use this file 6.7.2-223_DBN_M4-23
Blur_Version.6.7.246.XT875.Verizon.en.US to install the version of ICS being sent out by Verizon using RSD, right? Other than being rooted, it's still stock.

Obsidian_soul

Jan 23, 2012
Highland, NY
This is gonna sound like a noob question here, but since I'm currently on the .2233 ICS leak, I can use this file 6.7.2-223_DBN_M4-23
Blur_Version.6.7.246.XT875.Verizon.en.US to install the version of ICS being sent out by Verizon using RSD, right? Other than being rooted, it's still stock.

No, you must be on 905 to install 246 . Other wise you risk bricking your phone.you can use house of bionic also.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using xda app-developers app

will4958

Jun 13, 2008
RSD to .902 from .2233

Another possible noobish question... since the .905 download link in the Depriciated List One Stop Shop post isn't working, would there be any risk in using RSD to go back to .902 from .2233? I'm not going to try it tonight, with me having to get up early in the morning, but if anyone could provide a link to the .905 download so I could save myself a step, mainly going back to .902, doing the OTA to .905, then doing the OTA to ICS, it'd be appreciated.

bigd5783

Mar 3, 2009
Oklahoma City
No, you must be on 905 to install 246 . Other wise you risk bricking your phone.you can use house of bionic also.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using xda app-developers app

hold on just a minute. I just used this from 232 to jump up to 246 on my stock side. Correct me if I'm wrong but this is an FXZ or in other words a fastboot file that will flash everything back to stock 246 or at least thats the way I understood it. Just like the 905 FXZ that came before it. Botch your phone up FXZ back to stock.

will4958

Jun 13, 2008
Going from .2233 to final ICS.

When you applied the ICE OTA, were you rooted? Also, was it this file you used?

hold on just a minute. I just used this from 232 to jump up to 246 on my stock side. Correct me if I'm wrong but this is an FXZ or in other words a fastboot file that will flash everything back to stock 246 or at least thats the way I understood it. Just like the 905 FXZ that came before it. Botch your phone up FXZ back to stock.

lemonoid

Jun 15, 2011
Boone, NC
thanks for this. adb is broke on my Bionic, and I've been waiting for an FXZ to try to fix it. It worked back in April, but when I tried it with the .905 for some reason it didn't fix it, maybe this one will.

Top Liked Posts